Installing ubuntu on n900
- Maemo5 pr1.3 installed
- Microsd 4GB, at least, class 6 or better.
Enable the maemo.org extras-devel repository in n900, see http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel
- Install the 'uboot-pr13' package with apt-get install or from 'System' section
- Verify it's installed by restarting your N900. A penguin should show up at startup and U-boot will be mentioned, let it time out and boot into Maemo.
Download latest kubuntu-mobile image http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu-mobile/ports/daily-preinstalled/current/
- Create three partitions in the sd card
- 1. a small vfat partition, so maemo will not complain
- 2. an ext3 partition using the most part of the disc
- 3. a swap partition
- zcat the kubuntu-mobile image to the second microsd partition
- fsck.ext3 the second partition
- mount the second microsd partition where you want
Clone all repositories in http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-device-adaptation
- Copy all udev rules files to /where/you/mounted/etc/udev/rules.d/