mootbot

Differences between revisions 14 and 15
Revision 14 as of 2010-03-26 20:51:50
Size: 22395
Editor: alanbell
Comment:
Revision 15 as of 2010-08-30 11:56:22
Size: 23507
Editor: alanbell
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||
= Meeting opened by akgraner at 21:00 =
{{{#!IRC
[21:00] <akgraner> #startmeeting
[21:00] <Mootbot-UK> Meeting started at 21:00. The chair is akgraner.
[21:00] <Mootbot-UK> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [PROGRESS REPORT], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
[21:00] <akgraner> hi all!
[21:01] * pleia2 waves
[21:01] <akgraner> time to get started :-) who's here for the UW Project meeting today?
[21:01] <rww> o/
[21:01] <Pendulum> o/
[21:01] <akk> o/
[21:01] <etali> o/
[21:02] <akgraner> while we wait to see who else is joining here's the agenda - [LINK] - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/March2010/Agenda
[21:02] <akgraner> oops
[21:02] <akgraner> [LINK] - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/March2010/Agenda
[21:02] <akgraner> [LINK] - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/March2010/Agenda
[21:02] <Mootbot-UK> LINK received: - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/March2010/Agenda
}}}
||<#FF5555>'' - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/March2010/Agenda''||
{{{#!IRC
[21:02] <akgraner> there we go - grrr!
[21:03] <akgraner> 3rd time is the charm right
[21:03] <pleia2> :)
[21:03] <akgraner> we have a packed agenda and I hope everyone had a chance to read the info on the mailing list about about most of the items :-)
[21:04] <akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEM - UW PROJECT PR TEAM - Ubuntu Women PR team. Should we have a team responsible for both official project responses to publicized problems within the Ubuntu community relating to women in open source and for publicizing team activities and information.
[21:04] <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: - OPEN ITEM - UW PROJECT PR TEAM - Ubuntu Women PR team. Should we have a team responsible for both official project responses to publicized problems within the Ubuntu community relating to women in open source and for publicizing team activities and information.
}}}
== - OPEN ITEM - UW PROJECT PR TEAM - Ubuntu Women PR team. Should we have a team responsible for both official project responses to publicized problems within the Ubuntu community relating to women in open source and for publicizing team activities and information. ==
{{{#!IRC
[21:04] <akgraner> Any thoughts on this?
[21:04] <pleia2> I would really like to see this - we already sort of have one but it's unclear how to get involved in planning (leading to "wow, international women's day competition announced and I had no idea "we" were planning this?")
[21:04] <Pendulum> I agree
[21:05] <akgraner> *nods*
[21:05] <akgraner> I sent this to the mailing list and didn't get much of a response
[21:06] * pleia2 nods
[21:06] <Pendulum> also, I think there's sometimes some confusion with whether people blogging are speaking for the project or for themselves (this ties into the idea of having a UW blog which I would think could be one of the things the PR team is in charge of)
[21:06] <pleia2> Pendulum: good point
[21:06] <etali> Forgive me if this is a silly question, but what would a formal PR team be responsible for that members don't already do?
[21:06] <etali> I thought people in general already tweeted / blogged, etc to spread the word?
[21:07] <hypa7ia> it might be nice to have an actual uw blog
[21:07] <pleia2> the blog would also be great for prettier links to our stuff - linking to a mailing list archive isn't particularly user friendly, people hate plain test (so they end up linking out *our* individual blogs instead anyway)
[21:07] <akgraner> the blog would not be what we see on the uw planet I wouldn't think but a way to get the word out on what we as a team are doing
[21:08] <Pendulum> I know when I've discussed this with a couple people in UW, one thing we also talked about is having a PR team so that if we ever get asked for some sort of formal "what does UW think?" when something comes up in the community that may be gender related
[21:08] <pleia2> Pendulum: I don't think we want to get into the game of "what do *we* think" when it comes to gender stuff
[21:08] <pleia2> "we" think every opinion on the planet, probably ;)
[21:08] <pleia2> I like that our members still speak individually on those things
[21:09] <Pendulum> fair enough :)
[21:09] <pleia2> etali: sometimes projects like international women's days are much more easily handled by a core group of folks really interested
[21:09] <pleia2> so they can all be Cced on requests to sponsors, etc
[21:09] <akgraner> I know on the NC team with our blog - we are using it like pleia2 suggested above
[21:10] <etali> A central blog does sound like a good idea. A list of people willing to speak on gender issues might be nice too?
[21:10] <akgraner> we just have a section on there for that
[21:11] <akgraner> I would think?
[21:11] <pleia2> yeah
[21:11] <pleia2> or link to geekspeakr's section on it
[21:12] <akgraner> any reason why we can't just set up a wordpress one and see how it does?
[21:12] <akgraner> works, goes etc...
[21:12] <akgraner> we can always roll it to a domain later if it's working out well
[21:13] <akgraner> thoughts?
[21:13] <Pendulum> do we need to figure out who will have access to post to it first?
[21:13] <akgraner> so the Blog will act as the PR point then right?
[21:13] <pleia2> akgraner: I'd think so
[21:13] * etali thinks it is a good idea and would like to help if it goes ahead
[21:13] <Pendulum> makes sense to me
[21:13] <althara> I think that is a good idea
[21:13] <pleia2> and we can just submit an RT ticket to get blog.ubuntu-women.org pointed somewhere
[21:14] <pleia2> I can offer hosting with access for whoever wants it, but I'm sure others can too :)
[21:14] <hypa7ia> pleia2: we should probably try to keep things on canonical inf, no?
[21:14] <pleia2> hypa7ia: canonical doesn't support wordpress afaik
[21:15] <akgraner> and it's slow getting stuff from them at times
[21:15] <pleia2> only old drupal, and the sysadmins aren't particulary responsive (getting our wiki updated took a year or so)
[21:15] <akgraner> so wordpress? yes? no?
[21:15] <pleia2> I like wordpress
[21:15] <Pendulum> so do I
[21:16] <rww> I do also (and like this idea in general; sorry, I was distracted :)
[21:16] <akgraner> it's pretty easy for anyone who wants to contribute to use as well
[21:16] <etali> Most people know how to use it, so probably best choice
[21:16] <akgraner> so access? any suggestions there?
[21:17] <pleia2> I think we can give any established members of the team access to posting
[21:17] <etali> Does .com allow different levels? E.g. the leaders have admin rights, other volunteers get rights to post / edit their own posts as required?
[21:17] <hypa7ia> yeah, i think so etali
[21:17] <akgraner> word press allows you to set permissions like that iirc
[21:18] <rww> I'd say make a list of subjects that are on-topic for it (only event announcements vs. other related stuff, etc...), and then let any established team members post.
[21:18] <pleia2> rww: +1
[21:18] <akgraner> rww, +1
[21:18] <akgraner> ok date to get this in place by?
[21:19] <akgraner> 1 month from now?
[21:19] <akgraner> end of April?
[21:19] <pleia2> I think interested folks should discuss technical details offline and come up with a timeline
[21:19] <pleia2> er, out of meeting :)
[21:19] <akgraner> +1
[21:19] <etali> +1
[21:19] <akgraner> pleia2, can you send something to mailing list?
[21:20] <pleia2> akgraner: sure thing
[21:20] <akgraner> [ACTION] - pleia2 to send information on New Wordpress UW Blog establishment
[21:20] <Mootbot-UK> ACTION received: - pleia2 to send information on New Wordpress UW Blog establishment
[21:20] <akgraner> thanks pleia2 :-)
[21:21] <akgraner> ok moving on - I moved Election ahead of -M goals
[21:21] <akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEM -UW PROJECT LEADER ELECTIONS - UW Project Team Election of Leader(s)
[21:21] <akgraner> [LINK] -https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-March/002578.html
[21:21] <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: - OPEN ITEM -UW PROJECT LEADER ELECTIONS - UW Project Team Election of Leader(s)
[21:21] <Mootbot-UK> LINK received: -https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-March/002578.html
[21:21] <akgraner> Did everyone get a chance to read the proposed details that was sent to the mailing list?
[21:22] <akgraner> if so any thoughts?
[21:22] <akgraner> or do I need to go over the proposal details?
[21:22] <pleia2> it all sounded good to me
[21:23] <akgraner> so anyone have objections for just forgoing one leader and just voting for 3 co-leaders in the elections?
[21:24] <Pendulum> nope
[21:24] <akgraner> that way we can have a great cross-section of the team - hopefully leaders in different time zones - and with different skill sets and interests
[21:24] * pleia2 nods
[21:25] <althara> I think that's a great idea
[21:25] <akgraner> ok I'll get the wiki updated and get the schedule announced
[21:26] <akgraner> [ACTION] - akgraner to get the wiki updated and get the schedule announced for upcoming elections
[21:26] <Mootbot-UK> ACTION received: - akgraner to get the wiki updated and get the schedule announced for upcoming elections
[21:26] <akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEM - UDS-M BLUEPRINTS AND OBJECTIVES - Blueprints/goals for UDS-M. Review of UDS-L Blueprint identify what still needs to be done. Start discussion of goals for -M. Suggested Goals for -M (Added to agenda for this meeting to start the conversation about goals for -M. Blueprint to be finalized and in LP on or before April 17th)
[21:26] <akgraner> [LINK] - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-March/002569.html
[21:26] <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: - OPEN ITEM - UDS-M BLUEPRINTS AND OBJECTIVES - Blueprints/goals for UDS-M. Review of UDS-L Blueprint identify what still needs to be done. Start discussion of goals for -M. Suggested Goals for -M (Added to agenda for this meeting to start the conversation about goals for -M. Blueprint to be finalized and in LP on or before April 17th)
[21:26] <Mootbot-UK> LINK received: - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-March/002569.html
[21:27] <akgraner> again info on this topic went to mailing list - hopefully everyone had a chance to ready this as well - if not I have pasted the link above
[21:28] <pleia2> looks good to me
[21:28] <akgraner> UDS-M is around the corner and to make sure all those who want to be involved in the goals for the next cycle can be we have a list of suggestions
[21:29] <pleia2> I think we do want to have some solid goals attached to some of these things though
[21:29] <pleia2> the first three are a bit "encourage people to" and so don't really have goals
[21:29] <akgraner> the list is pretty long and while we accomplished all the goals for the -L cycle, I would hesitate to add them all to the Blueprint we can also add more as we finish whats on them
[21:30] <akgraner> so any thoughts on which 3?
[21:30] <akgraner> to start with
[21:30] <pleia2> 4-6 are my favorites
[21:31] <akgraner> I agree the 1st 3 are just a matter of setting things up tracking them and encouraging people
[21:31] <althara> Area 3, 4, 6/7 are my favorites
[21:31] <akgraner> let me post the ideas in here
[21:32] <althara> and I think 5 is important because hte website is a bit stale
[21:32] <pleia2> althara: me too
[21:32] <etali> 5 matches well with the blog stuff discussed earlier too.
[21:32] <pleia2> I kind of wince when I link people to it these days :)
[21:32] <akgraner> the are exactly like the mailing list numbers but for sake of getting them in the meeting I'll post the ones from the agenda and link to the mailing list in the notes
[21:33] <etali> Was the mentoring thing one of the goals? (My net connection is acting up and the link won't open so can't look :( )
[21:33] <pleia2> etali: yep
[21:33] <althara> etali: #4 is the mentoring thing
[21:33] <akgraner> [IDEA] - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Enrollment - (UW Project on LP, mailing list, and forum participation)
[21:33] <Mootbot-UK> IDEA received: - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Enrollment - (UW Project on LP, mailing list, and forum participation)
[21:33] <etali> Thanks! #4 gets my vote then.
[21:33] <akgraner> [IDEA] - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M -Online Team Activity- (Wiki, Website, Blogging, Mailing list discussions, Forum Discussions, LoCo teams, Ubuntu weeks)
[21:33] <Mootbot-UK> IDEA received: - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M -Online Team Activity- (Wiki, Website, Blogging, Mailing list discussions, Forum Discussions, LoCo teams, Ubuntu weeks)
[21:33] <akgraner> IDEA] - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Resources - marketing (ie poster, business cards, fliers)
[21:34] <akgraner> [IDEA] - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Knowledge Base - review and see what else if anything is needed
[21:34] <Mootbot-UK> IDEA received: - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Knowledge Base - review and see what else if anything is needed
[21:34] <akgraner> [IDEA] - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Community Activity/Event Participation - (Conferences, LUG, LoCo, Camps, Fests etc)
[21:34] <Mootbot-UK> IDEA received: - OPEN ITEM - Measurable Goals for UDS-M - Community Activity/Event Participation - (Conferences, LUG, LoCo, Camps, Fests etc)
[21:34] <akgraner> [TOPIC] - OPEN ITEM - MENTORING PROGRAM - Reviving the http://ubuntu-women.org/mentoring.html . Why? Ubuntu has many training programs and yet some folks forget that its sometimes harder to ask silly questions and learn with a room full of strangers on irc. Some points to consider:
[21:34] <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: - OPEN ITEM - MENTORING PROGRAM - Reviving the http://ubuntu-women.org/mentoring.html . Why? Ubuntu has many training programs and yet some folks forget that its sometimes harder to ask silly questions and learn with a room full of strangers on irc. Some points to consider:
[21:35] <akgraner> oops I have Mentoring as seperate topic :-)
[21:35] <akgraner> so for UDS - Mentoring Program, Website and ?
[21:35] <akgraner> well blueprint for the -M cycle goals for the project
[21:36] <pleia2> logo?
[21:36] <pleia2> the t-shirt idea is neat and fun, but I think it needs to wait for the logo
[21:36] <althara> agreed
[21:36] <akgraner> agreed
[21:36] <pleia2> and a site redesign with old logo.. :\
[21:36] * maco likes the old logo
[21:36] <althara> also agreed
[21:36] <pleia2> I love the old logo
[21:36] <akgraner> so old logo new color theme maybe
[21:37] <althara> I agree
[21:37] <pleia2> maybe a discussion is in order about this, does it actually need refreshing with the new branding?
[21:37] <akgraner> use the new orange color and the Aubergine for the words maybe
[21:37] <akgraner> I like it the Logo
[21:38] <akgraner> however I <3 purple er Aubergine - so would love to see words in purple :-) but that is just me
[21:38] <althara> just so we are all up to date. ARe the official ubuntu colors changing?
[21:38] <akgraner> and in new font
[21:38] <akk> I'm confused about the new colors -- the page everyone was showing showed about 6 new ubuntu color themes
[21:39] <pleia2> althara: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand
[21:39] <akk> some orange, some purple
[21:39] <maco> althara: yes, eggplant and orangy
[21:39] <akgraner> according to what I read on Marks blog the circle of friends is going to be the thing that stays the same
[21:39] <maco> akk: the theme is a mix of them together
[21:39] <maco> akk: mark explained that they use more purple on more corporate stuff and more orange on more community stuff
[21:39] <akgraner> and that orange will represent community and purple will represent Canonical
[21:39] <maco> akk: but always both are there
[21:40] <akgraner> so if you see more purple - the it's corporate
[21:40] <akgraner> is you see more orange it's community
[21:40] <akk> None of the logos on that page seem to have purple -- they're all the baby-aspirin orange.
[21:40] <akk> Or a slightly darker orange.
[21:40] <maco> hahahah baby aspirin orange
[21:41] <pleia2> the brainstorm logo is purple, the splash screen at the bottom is purple
[21:41] <akk> Wow, that splash screen at the bottom looks off-black to me.
[21:42] <pleia2> brainstorm is dark, but the splash screen is definitely purple on my screen
[21:42] <akgraner> [LINK] - sabdfl 's post on the new theme - http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/308
[21:42] <Mootbot-UK> LINK received: - sabdfl 's post on the new theme - http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/308
[21:43] <akk> yep, if I use gimp's color picker and boost Value I can see the hue is purple -- but the screen sure doesn't look it here.
[21:43] <akgraner> I should clarify what I said on "official" publications, banners etc - that is how I understood the colors were going to be used
[21:44] <akgraner> Change the logo or no? - I like it :-) but would like to incorporate new font if nothing else (when the font is ready that is)
[21:44] <althara> I think just changing the font is good
[21:45] <pleia2> me too
[21:45] <althara> With the range of colors that the new theme is we could spend months debating on what to change things to
[21:45] <akgraner> so - mentoring, website, logo - and then we can add stuff as needed to blue print from the list of suggestions on mailing list?
[21:46] <pleia2> +1
[21:46] <althara> +1
[21:46] <akk> +1 on changing the font.
[21:46] <akk> and +1 on the akgraner's suggestion too.
[21:46] <akgraner> and we can have someone do a couple different ideas for the logo that we have using new color theme and see what we like then
[21:47] <akgraner> [ACTION] - akgraner to add website, mentoring and logo to blueprints for -M cycle
[21:47] <Mootbot-UK> ACTION received: - akgraner to add website, mentoring and logo to blueprints for -M cycle
[21:48] <akgraner> I'll leave off the names of who is doing what for now - but just get the blueprint created
[21:48] <akgraner> well get those items added - and get the roadmap for -M ready to go
[21:49] <maco> akk: turn up your screen's brightness ;-)
[21:49] <akgraner> is that ok with everyone?
[21:49] <pleia2> souns good
[21:49] <maco> +1 on the font thing too
[21:50] <akgraner> ok we have about 10 mins left - any objection to moving on to new items? or any thoughts on old items before I move on?
[21:51] <etali> no objections here
[21:51] <akgraner> no? ok new items
[21:51] <akgraner> [TOPIC] - New Items - Team Meeting Day and Times - Discuss results from meeting poll and set - reliable, predictable and reoccurring team meetings that alternate between 2 timezones that best meets the needs of the team.
[21:51] <akgraner> [TOPIC] - New Items - Team Meeting Day and Times - Discuss results from meeting poll and set - reliable, predictable and reoccurring team meetings that alternate between 2 timezones that best meets the needs of the team.
[21:51] <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: - New Items - Team Meeting Day and Times - Discuss results from meeting poll and set - reliable, predictable and reoccurring team meetings that alternate between 2 timezones that best meets the needs of the team.
[21:51] <akgraner> (oh that space kills me :-)
[21:52] <akgraner> so the idea is to have 2 meetings a month so team members don't have to attend meetings at 2am or so in there time zone all the time
[21:53] <akgraner> while I had the poll up - only 7 people took the time to fill it out :-(
[21:53] <pleia2> yeah, it's frustrating
[21:54] <pleia2> what the CC does is have one in each 12 hour chunk of the day
[21:54] <akgraner> so the days that we evenly voted for were - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday
[21:54] <etali> On paper it sounds like a great idea. Are there enough people across the two time zones to sustain two different meetings every month?
[21:54] <Pendulum> I'll admit that I didn't fill out the poll and that's partially because with the time change I currently don't know what's up and since we're in the middle of people changing times, I *really* wasn't sure how it would work out longer term
[21:54] <pleia2> so like 11UTC and 21UTC
[21:55] <pleia2> etali: yeah, that's been the problem in the past
[21:55] <akgraner> etali, I dunno to be honest - it's something to try and see if it works out if not we can just go back to how we have it now
[21:55] <Pendulum> pleia2: the CC way makes sense to me
[21:56] <hypa7ia> i didn't bother with the poll because i don't think a poll is fair in this case
[21:56] <hypa7ia> we're mostly in NA
[21:56] <hypa7ia> a poll will always be skewed towards that
[21:56] <etali> My vote goes for trying it. If it works out, knowing the meeting is always on a Wednesday or whatever would be great. Much easier to keep track of than the doodle polls.
[21:56] <akgraner> hypa7ia, hmm - I didn't even think of it that way - good point
[21:56] <pleia2> I probably will show up even if it's at 2AM, so the poll doesn't matter a ton to me either
[21:57] <akk> Doesn't it make some sense to skew it toward the most members? (No offense to the minority ones, and we indeed should have some meetings in other timezones.)
[21:57] <akgraner> so from the poll - it was 2200 UTC and 0200, 0300, and 0400 UTC
[21:58] <akgraner> but again it was only 7 people - and thank you to all those who filled it out btw :-)
[21:58] <akgraner> ok so two mins left - wow time flies :-)
[21:58] <pleia2> maybe see how 2200 and 1200 work?
[21:58] <akgraner> haha that's what I was going to say
[21:59] <rww> If I remember correctly, I didn't end up filling that survey out because I'm available at very different times on different days, and the poll didn't let me specify that.
[21:59] <akgraner> to 2nd and 4th thursdays
[21:59] <akgraner> an 1200 and 2200UTC
[21:59] <akk> rww: I had that problem too, and avoided timeslots that would have been okay on some days.
[22:01] <akgraner> [ACTION] set future UW Meetings for 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month - 2nd Thurs 1200UTC, 4th Thurs 2200UTC
[22:01] <akgraner> does that sound ok to everyone
[22:01] <Mootbot-UK> ACTION received: set future UW Meetings for 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month - 2nd Thurs 1200UTC, 4th Thurs 2200UTC
[22:01] <etali> sounds good to me
}}}
= #ukmeet Meeting =


Meeting started by daubers at 19:00:00 UTC. The full logs are available
at tests/ukmeet.log.html .



== Meeting summary ==

 *'''Review of action items from last meeting''' (daubers, 19:03:33)
  *''LINK:'' https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2010-April/023790.html (Daviey, 19:05:30)
  *''ACTION:'' People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report (daubers, 19:07:11)
  *''LINK:'' http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/51/detail/ (AlanBell, 19:08:16)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool (daubers, 19:12:34)
  *''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support_Guidelines (daubers, 19:13:01)

 *'''Daubers - Support Guidelines''' (daubers, 19:13:59)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines (daubers, 19:19:20)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines (daubers, 19:24:40)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial (daubers, 19:24:52)

 *'''TBA - OGGCamp related bits''' (daubers, 19:25:21)
  *''LINK:'' http://ideas.oggcamp.org/ is a collection of bits of oggcamp info (AlanBell, 19:27:41)

 *'''TBA - UDS related bits''' (daubers, 19:30:47)

 *'''Any other business''' (daubers, 19:34:38)

 *'''Release Parties''' (daubers, 19:35:21)
  *''LINK:'' http://www.evernote.com/pub/yamanickill/ubuntu (yamanickill_, 19:37:48)
  *''ACTION:'' Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid (daubers, 19:37:53)
  *''LINK:'' http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/121/detail/ (AlanBell, 19:38:34)
  *''LINK:'' http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/ (daubers, 19:45:29)

 *'''Any other Business''' (daubers, 19:47:14)

 *'''Date of next meeting''' (daubers, 19:51:53)

 *'''Next meeting 2nd of June danfish to chair''' (daubers, 20:02:51)



Meeting ended at 20:03:00 UTC.



== Votes ==


 * Should we have a beta trial of the support guidelines, followed by a meeting to review them?
   For: 9 Against: 1 Abstained: 1



== Action items ==

 * People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report
 * Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool
 * Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines
 * Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines
 * Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial
 * Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid



== People present (lines said) ==

 * daubers (131)
 * brobostigon (57)
 * AlanBell (49)
 * yamanickill_ (32)
 * Daviey (17)
 * Yorvyk (11)
 * The_Toxic_Mite (9)
 * Azelphur (8)
 * BigRedS_ (4)
 * dutchie (4)
 * danfish (3)
 * freesitebuilder_ (2)
 * L0ki (2)
 * MunkyJunky (2)
 * TonyP (1)
 * funkyHat (1)



== Full Log ==


 19:00:00 <daubers> #startmeeting

 19:01:41 <AlanBell> o/

 19:01:47 <dutchie> o/

 19:01:54 <brobostigon> o/

 19:01:55 <daubers> Apologies if I muck up commands, my lappy screen is a bit small for two sets of crib sheets

 19:02:06 <Yorvyk> o/

 19:02:32 <daubers> Anyone who's present say so please :)

 19:02:42 <brobostigon> present

 19:02:43 <MunkyJunky> present

 19:02:44 <BigRedS_> present

 19:02:47 <daubers> present

 19:02:58 <Yorvyk> present

 19:03:14 <freesitebuilder_> present

 19:03:16 <Azelphur> present

 19:03:21 <L0ki> present

 19:03:31 <daubers> ok

 19:03:33 <daubers> #ToPic Review of action items from last meeting

 19:03:40 <daubers> #subtopic Daviey to kick off team reporting and find interested parties to do regular reports

 19:03:44 <daubers> Daviey?

 19:04:18 <Daviey> \o

 19:04:30 <The_Toxic_Mite> oops, present

 19:04:37 <daubers> How goes said reporting?

 19:04:41 <Daviey> Ok, deadline for April is technically this Sunday

 19:04:58 <Daviey> I've today posted to the LoCo list

 19:05:06 <Daviey> asking people to add activities

 19:05:20 * brobostigon read it.

 19:05:30 <Daviey> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2010-April/023790.html

 19:05:54 <Daviey> Essentially, it's a call for people to add anything they have achieved in April

 19:06:02 <Daviey> (or the LoCo)

 19:06:24 <Daviey> I'm going to poke a few people that i know have achieved stuff

 19:06:39 <Daviey> if people present could do that also, it would be grand

 19:06:48 <daubers> Excellent :)

 19:06:51 <brobostigon> willdo Daviey

 19:06:52 <brobostigon> :)

 19:07:11 <daubers> [ACTION] People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report

 19:07:21 <brobostigon> :)

 19:07:26 <daubers> Shall we move on?

 19:07:27 <brobostigon> agreed.

 19:07:41 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] AlanBell to find out what happened at the manchester jam

 19:07:45 <AlanBell> the manchester jam occured and seems to have gone well, MunkyJunky talked about it on the full circle podcast

 19:07:45 <Daviey> ta

 19:07:54 <Daviey> present btw :)

 19:08:05 <MunkyJunky> It did go well!

 19:08:16 <AlanBell> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/51/detail/

 19:08:36 <daubers> Excellent, well done to those that organised it

 19:09:12 <daubers> Moving on?

 19:09:15 <AlanBell> yup

 19:09:18 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] Daviey and czajkowski to do more publicity on the geeknic

 19:09:41 <daubers> Daviey?

 19:10:49 <daubers> czajkowski?

 19:11:05 <Daviey> no action from here.

 19:11:18 <brobostigon> she was talking about it in #ubuntu-uk not long ago.

 19:11:36 <daubers> Ok, can we someone volunteer to post to the mailing list?

 19:12:34 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool

 19:12:42 <daubers> Ok, next

 19:12:52 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] daubers to put support guidelines in a wiki page prior to next meeting

 19:13:01 <daubers> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support_Guidelines

 19:13:07 <brobostigon> :)

 19:13:27 <brobostigon> iam happy with it, right now.

 19:13:29 <daubers> I've popped these on the wiki now, and (think) I dropped an email to the list.

 19:13:38 <daubers> I'll go further into this in a second

 19:13:45 <daubers> since thats the end of the last meetings actions

 19:13:59 <daubers> [TOPIC] Daubers - Support Guidelines

 19:14:04 <brobostigon> Do we need to do a review of those proposedguidelines?

 19:14:46 <daubers> As I said these are now on the wiki, an I believe I emailed the mailing list. Do people want time to review them further and me to push them a bit more, or how would people like to proceed?

 19:15:13 <brobostigon> i would like to be able to review them, please.

 19:15:47 <AlanBell> would be good to share them about at UDS

 19:15:53 <daubers> Ok, are there any major failings in the proposed guidelines?

 19:16:13 <brobostigon> daubers: not that i can immediatly remember, no.

 19:16:16 <daubers> AlanBell: Would you be happy to do that? I'm not going

 19:16:29 <daubers> Work, money and stuff are in the way

 19:16:33 <AlanBell> I see no failures, but they can probably be expanded on over time

 19:16:52 <AlanBell> yes I can try and talk to other teams about them at UDS

 19:16:56 <brobostigon> I would be happier with review before proper adoption.

 19:17:18 <daubers> Awesome, if anyone thinks it would help, I'm happy to do a session at oggcamp

 19:17:21 <brobostigon> and good scruteny.

 19:17:54 <Yorvyk> I think they need to bee used to see if they work

 19:18:03 <AlanBell> an oggcamp session would be great

 19:18:42 <daubers> So, if I do an oggcamp session and write up some bits, are we happy to do a trial implimentation as of next week and then a review afterwards?

 19:18:56 <AlanBell> I am

 19:18:57 <daubers> See if I can organise a meeting dedicated to that [TOPIC]

 19:19:20 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines

 19:19:44 <daubers> Do we want to vote on a trial implimentation?

 19:19:44 <brobostigon> ok.

 19:19:57 <AlanBell> ok

 19:19:58 <brobostigon> after review,yes.

 19:20:00 <The_Toxic_Mite> ok

 19:20:21 <brobostigon> not before.

 19:20:58 <daubers> brobostigon: Not sure there's a lot to review initially. They're set out fairly plainly in the wiki page. There will be a lot of wiggle room in the trial as well

 19:21:36 <BigRedS_> I'd suggest a trial to find out what needs adding. I've had a skim and there appears to be vagueness rather than anything likely disagreeable

 19:21:37 <brobostigon> daubers: i mean, for any big issues, thats all, or any possible additions or changes.

 19:21:53 <daubers> brobostigon: I think a trial would be best to hilight that (personally)

 19:22:10 <daubers> If it all fails during the trial then obviously it'll get pulled and discussed further

 19:22:22 <brobostigon> daubers: true, but a "not firm trial" rather thandefinate firm trial.

 19:22:35 <daubers> Yes, as I said, wit a lot of wiggle room

 19:22:46 <brobostigon> ok,

 19:22:49 <AlanBell> more of a beta than a release candidate

 19:22:54 <brobostigon> i am happy.

 19:22:58 <daubers> [VOTE] Should we have a beta trial of the support guidelines, followed by a meeting to review them?

 19:23:06 <AlanBell> +1

 19:23:08 <daubers> +1

 19:23:08 <brobostigon> +1

 19:23:12 <BigRedS_> +1

 19:23:14 <Yorvyk> +1

 19:23:19 <freesitebuilder_> 0

 19:23:27 <Azelphur> -1

 19:23:33 <L0ki> +1

 19:23:47 <TonyP> +1

 19:23:54 <danfish> +1

 19:24:07 <The_Toxic_Mite> +1

 19:24:16 <daubers> Blimey, I think we can take that as a yes

 19:24:21 <daubers> [ENDVOTE]

 19:24:31 * brobostigon goes to make a copy of the guidelines,

 19:24:40 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines

 19:24:52 <daubers> [Action] Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial

 19:25:00 <daubers> Everyone happy?

 19:25:04 <brobostigon> yes.

 19:25:12 <daubers> Ok, moving the train along :)

 19:25:21 <daubers> [TOPIC] TBA - OGGCamp related bits

 19:25:27 <Azelphur> hehe, I did 99.9% of stuff that was in the guidelines anyway :)

 19:25:31 <Yorvyk> Should the IRC channel be informed

 19:25:40 <daubers> Yorvyk: I'll do that as well

 19:25:50 <Yorvyk> ok

 19:25:53 <Daviey> daubers: Wikipage + url to [TOPIC]?

 19:25:54 <AlanBell> ok, so who is going to oggcamp?

 19:26:05 <Yorvyk> o/

 19:26:06 <dutchie> o/

 19:26:07 <AlanBell> o/

 19:26:17 <daubers> o/

 19:26:26 <daubers> Daviey: Yes please :)

 19:26:49 <daubers> sorry, I moved on a bit quick there

 19:27:21 <daubers> Would Daviey or anyone like to say a few words about oggcamp?

 19:27:41 <AlanBell> http://ideas.oggcamp.org/ is a collection of bits of oggcamp info

 19:28:00 <AlanBell> in particular look at the talks page

 19:28:42 <AlanBell> and there is of course the geeknic on Friday afternoon

 19:28:45 <yamanickill_> have i missed the meeting

 19:28:48 <yamanickill_> ahhh that'll be a no

 19:28:50 <yamanickill_> good

 19:28:58 <daubers> Anyone considering a talk, do it! :)

 19:28:59 <AlanBell> yamanickill_: still proceeding

 19:29:17 <daubers> Also, anyone I've not yet met, come say hello!

 19:29:22 <yamanickill_> AlanBell: cool thanks, sorry if i missed my section

 19:29:53 <daubers> Any other Oggcamp business people would like raised?

 19:30:24 <dutchie> go to oggcamp!

 19:30:32 <daubers> :) We'll move along then

 19:30:41 <daubers> Steaming through today

 19:30:47 <daubers> [TOPIC] TBA - UDS related bits

 19:31:05 <AlanBell> I am going to UDS

 19:31:11 <daubers> Anybody intending to attend UDS?

 19:31:18 <AlanBell> and I found out today I am doing crew for it too

 19:31:19 <The_Toxic_Mite> No

 19:31:37 <daubers> AlanBell: \o/ Crew is the best thing to do at these things

 19:31:44 <Yorvyk> I am in the vacinty that week so might pop in

 19:31:47 <AlanBell> popey and Daviey are going, amongst others

 19:31:54 <brobostigon> writing a blueprint thoygh

 19:32:25 <AlanBell> if there is anything that you want raised with the wider community then fill in blueprints or hassle people who are going

 19:32:30 <AlanBell> or both

 19:32:55 <daubers> If poeple want help finding who to hassle or with blueprints please ask in the channel

 19:33:08 <brobostigon> will do

 19:33:36 <daubers> AlanBell: Anything else you wanted to cover here?

 19:33:46 <AlanBell> no, don't think so

 19:33:50 <daubers> Ok

 19:33:51 <AlanBell> party on the Eurostar

 19:34:04 <daubers> Heh, just don't go starting any fires!

 19:34:35 <danfish> eggplant =! aubergine

 19:34:38 <daubers> [TOPIC] Any other business

 19:34:49 <daubers> Anyone like to raise something?

 19:34:52 <yamanickill_> want an update on scottish release party?

 19:35:06 <daubers> yamanickill_: Yes please!

 19:35:10 <daubers> I must have missed that

 19:35:12 <daubers> sorry :(

 19:35:15 <AlanBell> wasn't there a release parties [TOPIC]?

 19:35:21 <daubers> [TOPIC] Release Parties

 19:35:21 <yamanickill_> AlanBell: yeah, but i wasn't here

 19:35:30 <yamanickill_> i couldn't get onto irc

 19:35:42 <yamanickill_> the planning for this party is going pretty well. 1 week to go until the party

 19:35:55 * The_Toxic_Mite smacks his head

 19:36:07 <yamanickill_> we have almost everything organised. didn't get any sponsors for beer, so we are just gonna let people BYOB

 19:36:15 <yamanickill_> and everything is going good :-

 19:36:18 <yamanickill_> :-)

 19:36:21 <The_Toxic_Mite> yamanickill_: Where's the party going to be?

 19:36:26 <daubers> yamanickill_: Got a link for your release party info?

 19:36:31 * brobostigon sneaks in banbury

 19:36:37 <The_Toxic_Mite> brobostigon: ^_^

 19:36:44 <yamanickill_> The_Toxic_Mite: it is in the Strathclyde university union

 19:36:57 <yamanickill_> daubers: erm its on the release parties page, me thinks

 19:37:02 <yamanickill_> you mean detailed info?

 19:37:04 <AlanBell> release parties should be now added to the loco directory

 19:37:06 <The_Toxic_Mite> yamanickill_: Ah. Glasgow's fairly inconvenient for me, and given that I have exams on, I may not be allowed to come

 19:37:09 <daubers> yamanickill_: Yes please

 19:37:27 <yamanickill_> ok, well the only detailed info that is public is the info on my evernote...2 secs lemme get the link

 19:37:48 <yamanickill_> http://www.evernote.com/pub/yamanickill/ubuntu

 19:37:53 <daubers> [ACTION] Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid

 19:38:11 <daubers> Awesome :)

 19:38:20 <Daviey> +1

 19:38:21 <daubers> yamanickill_: Can you make sure a reminder goes to the -uk list?

 19:38:28 <AlanBell> ok, London party is tomorrow night

 19:38:31 <yamanickill_> daubers: yep, will do that

 19:38:31 <brobostigon> daubers: banbury also please.:)

 19:38:34 <AlanBell> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/121/detail/

 19:38:36 * The_Toxic_Mite checks timetables on nationalrail.co.uk

 19:38:42 <daubers> action yamanickill to send a reminder to the list

 19:38:56 <daubers> brobostigon: Once AlanBell is done with London we'll come to you

 19:39:04 <brobostigon> :)

 19:39:16 <brobostigon> i am eating, so give me a shout.

 19:39:19 <daubers> Was the London one organised by Canonical again this time around?

 19:39:21 <AlanBell> so the London party is in a wine bar in Pall Mall

 19:39:30 <AlanBell> it is canonical organised, they sorted the venue

 19:39:57 <AlanBell> but we had some input into it and it should be a bit classier than before :-)

 19:40:08 <daubers> Excellent :)

 19:40:14 <AlanBell> not sure of the age limit

 19:40:48 <AlanBell> anyone under 21 and intending to go might want to give them a call and check first

 19:41:02 <funkyHat> If only I didn't have college the following morning, I might have caught the train down from Northampton

 19:41:14 <AlanBell> see you all tomorrow o/

 19:41:24 <daubers> Good good :)

 19:41:28 <daubers> So to Banbury

 19:41:30 <brobostigon> one sec.

 19:41:51 <daubers> action People attending the London launch part to enjoy themselves immensley

 19:41:58 <brobostigon> okies

 19:42:07 <Azelphur> ...or else?

 19:42:11 * BigRedS_ will do his best

 19:42:20 <daubers> brobostigon, over to you

 19:42:36 <brobostigon> saturday night, may 1st, olde reindeer inn, more social.

 19:42:48 <brobostigon> nothing to formal,

 19:42:57 <yamanickill_> daubers: aw...can the scottish launch party people not enjoy themselves?

 19:43:07 <daubers> yamanickill_: That was already actioned

 19:43:11 <brobostigon> also need to be of the right age, and dress responably smart/casual.

 19:43:21 <brobostigon> reasonably*

 19:43:33 <daubers> brobostigon: What's the age limit?

 19:43:33 <brobostigon> around 7:30pm start,

 19:43:40 <yamanickill_> daubers: ha, nothing about fun tho :-P

 19:43:44 <brobostigon> daubers: generally over 21.

 19:44:03 <daubers> Ok, and is there an event page?

 19:44:21 <brobostigon> daubers: on loco.ubuntu.com and onthe wiki. yes.

 19:44:39 <brobostigon> ido have the paghe infront of me,

 19:44:43 <brobostigon> dont*

 19:45:00 <daubers> ok, http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/

 19:45:11 <daubers> Looks to be the one

 19:45:16 <brobostigon> thats it.

 19:45:29 <daubers> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/

 19:45:34 <daubers> Thank you Mr Bot

 19:45:43 <daubers> Ok, any other release parties?

 19:46:20 <daubers> action People attending Banbury release party to enjoy themselves

 19:46:26 <brobostigon> :)

 19:46:31 <Daviey> I have a bottle of port waiting for my personal release party :)

 19:46:38 <brobostigon> and good beer, :) as always,

 19:46:43 <daubers> Daviey: May I suggest some cheese with that?

 19:47:05 <Daviey> daubers: you may!

 19:47:08 <daubers> Ok :) Going back to AOB

 19:47:14 <daubers> [TOPIC] Any other Business

 19:47:36 <AlanBell> I just phoned the London venue, it is over 18

 19:47:39 <daubers> Anyone like to raise any issues?

 19:48:05 <dutchie> go to oggcamp!

 19:48:05 <brobostigon> generally over 18 is fine for banbury, aswell,

 19:48:20 <brobostigon> but over 21 is there as a rule for certain peole.

 19:48:41 <daubers> Okey dokey.

 19:48:54 <daubers> brobostigon: Can you drop a reminder to the -uk list too please?

 19:49:08 <daubers> for the banbury party

 19:49:14 <brobostigon> daubers: yes, :)

 19:49:16 <daubers> action

 19:49:33 <daubers> action brobostigon to send reminder to mailing list re: banbury release party

 19:49:43 <daubers> No more business?

 19:49:50 <brobostigon> not from here, no.

 19:50:14 <AlanBell> May 6th, don't forget to vote

 19:50:29 <daubers> Oh yes, everybody remember to vote on the 6th

 19:50:37 <brobostigon> :) always,

 19:50:40 <Azelphur> AlanBell: oh cool, is that when the election is?

 19:50:43 <daubers> Those who are eligable anyway

 19:51:04 <AlanBell> Azelphur: yes

 19:51:07 <Azelphur> i see

 19:51:19 <Azelphur> I registered at aboutmyvote.org but never received any papers yet

 19:51:38 <Azelphur> aboutmyvote.co.uk, rather

 19:51:47 <daubers> Ok, shall we organise the next meeting?

 19:51:47 <yamanickill_> ahh yes...the election

 19:51:53 <daubers> [TOPIC] Date of next meeting

 19:52:07 <yamanickill_> are we continuing on the 1st wed of each month?

 19:52:10 <yamanickill_> apart from today obv

 19:52:18 <AlanBell> I think so

 19:52:29 <yamanickill_> i'm happy with that. not so good with the last wed

 19:52:57 <daubers> Is it ok for me to organise an out of sequence meeting the following week to chase support guidelines? Or would people rather we have it run for 2 weeks

 19:53:07 <daubers> (though that would be 2 weeks)

 19:53:29 * AlanBell is confused

 19:53:42 * yamanickill_ is also confused

 19:53:46 <brobostigon> sothree insted of two?

 19:53:47 <daubers> The first wednesday of the month would be next week

 19:54:10 <AlanBell> ok, this meeting was brought forward a week to be in front of release and oggcamp

 19:54:18 <daubers> Ah, ok

 19:54:19 <brobostigon> true

 19:54:31 <AlanBell> the next meeting I was expecting would be July 7th

 19:54:35 <AlanBell> oops, no

 19:54:43 <AlanBell> June 2nd

 19:55:18 <AlanBell> so when do you want the support guidelines meeting?

 19:55:29 <brobostigon> as long as not, tuesday evening, i amhappy, i play chess tuesday evening.

 19:55:33 <daubers> I'd like to run that on the week containing the 14th

 19:56:05 <brobostigon> i am happy to go with everyone else on this one, i am very free.

 19:56:09 <daubers> Which lets it run for 2 weeks

 19:56:29 <AlanBell> UDS is the week containing the 14th

 19:56:35 <daubers> Ah, ok, so the following week

 19:56:47 <AlanBell> sounds good

 19:56:48 <yamanickill_> is there internet at uds? :-P

 19:56:59 <brobostigon> sounds fine here.

 19:57:19 <daubers> action Daubers to organise support meeting on the 19th of April

 19:57:39 <brobostigon> i am hppy.

 19:57:48 <daubers> Can we have a chair for the meeting on the 7th of July? (as that is a general meeting)

 19:58:10 <brobostigon> count me out, my internet is not reliable right now, consistently.

 19:58:14 <Yorvyk> April ??

 19:58:24 <AlanBell> danfish for chair?

 19:58:37 <daubers> sorry :( I'll correct that in the minutes, I meant may

 19:58:38 <yamanickill_> june...not july

 19:58:42 <daubers> and june

 19:58:47 <daubers> I'm rubbish at this!

 19:58:55 <yamanickill_> :-P

 19:59:06 <daubers> danfish: Would you like to volunteer?

 19:59:22 <daubers> or yamanickill_ ?

 19:59:32 <Yorvyk> 19 may is a tuesday

 19:59:56 <daubers> Yorvyk: It's a wednesday according to my calender

 20:00:20 <Daviey> We can leave it without a chair, and get a volunteer prior to the start of the next

 20:00:23 <Yorvyk> OK wring Year

 20:00:25 <yamanickill_> i'll go for it if someone tells me what to do. i've no iea what to do. this is the 2nd of june, yeah?

 20:00:53 <daubers> yamanickill_: 7th of june :)

 20:01:04 <daubers> according to AlanBell

 20:01:09 <danfish> yep, I'll voluteer - flattered!

 20:01:22 <yamanickill_> 7th is a friday...that was the july one wasn't it?

 20:01:31 <yamanickill_> wow this is confusing just now

 20:01:37 <daubers> yamanickill_: 7th is a monday

 20:01:38 <AlanBell> 2nd of June!

 20:01:42 <daubers> ok

 20:01:58 <daubers> Next meeting: 2nd of June

 20:02:08 <daubers> danfish or yamanickill_: Who'd like to do it?

 20:02:38 <yamanickill_> danfish: you go for it

 20:02:49 <yamanickill_> i'll take it some other time

 20:02:51 <daubers> [TOPIC] Next meeting 2nd of June danfish to chair

 20:03:00 <daubers> #endmeeting



Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell)

#ukmeet Meeting

Meeting started by daubers at 19:00:00 UTC. The full logs are available at tests/ukmeet.log.html .

Meeting summary

Meeting ended at 20:03:00 UTC.

Votes

  • Should we have a beta trial of the support guidelines, followed by a meeting to review them?
    • For: 9 Against: 1 Abstained: 1

Action items

  • People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report
  • Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool
  • Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines
  • Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines
  • Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial
  • Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid

People present (lines said)

  • daubers (131)
  • brobostigon (57)
  • AlanBell (49)

  • yamanickill_ (32)
  • Daviey (17)
  • Yorvyk (11)
  • The_Toxic_Mite (9)
  • Azelphur (8)
  • BigRedS_ (4)
  • dutchie (4)
  • danfish (3)
  • freesitebuilder_ (2)
  • L0ki (2)
  • MunkyJunky (2)

  • TonyP (1)
  • funkyHat (1)

Full Log

  • 19:00:00 <daubers> #startmeeting

    19:01:41 <AlanBell> o/

    19:01:47 <dutchie> o/

    19:01:54 <brobostigon> o/

    19:01:55 <daubers> Apologies if I muck up commands, my lappy screen is a bit small for two sets of crib sheets

    19:02:06 <Yorvyk> o/

    19:02:32 <daubers> Anyone who's present say so please Smile :)

    19:02:42 <brobostigon> present

    19:02:43 <MunkyJunky> present

    19:02:44 <BigRedS_> present

    19:02:47 <daubers> present

    19:02:58 <Yorvyk> present

    19:03:14 <freesitebuilder_> present

    19:03:16 <Azelphur> present

    19:03:21 <L0ki> present

    19:03:31 <daubers> ok

    19:03:33 <daubers> #ToPic Review of action items from last meeting

    19:03:40 <daubers> #subtopic Daviey to kick off team reporting and find interested parties to do regular reports

    19:03:44 <daubers> Daviey?

    19:04:18 <Daviey> \o

    19:04:30 <The_Toxic_Mite> oops, present

    19:04:37 <daubers> How goes said reporting?

    19:04:41 <Daviey> Ok, deadline for April is technically this Sunday

    19:04:58 <Daviey> I've today posted to the LoCo list

    19:05:06 <Daviey> asking people to add activities 19:05:20 * brobostigon read it.

    19:05:30 <Daviey> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2010-April/023790.html

    19:05:54 <Daviey> Essentially, it's a call for people to add anything they have achieved in April

    19:06:02 <Daviey> (or the LoCo)

    19:06:24 <Daviey> I'm going to poke a few people that i know have achieved stuff

    19:06:39 <Daviey> if people present could do that also, it would be grand

    19:06:48 <daubers> Excellent Smile :)

    19:06:51 <brobostigon> willdo Daviey

    19:06:52 <brobostigon> Smile :)

    19:07:11 <daubers> [ACTION] People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report

    19:07:21 <brobostigon> Smile :)

    19:07:26 <daubers> Shall we move on?

    19:07:27 <brobostigon> agreed.

    19:07:41 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] AlanBell to find out what happened at the manchester jam

    19:07:45 <AlanBell> the manchester jam occured and seems to have gone well, MunkyJunky talked about it on the full circle podcast

    19:07:45 <Daviey> ta

    19:07:54 <Daviey> present btw Smile :)

    19:08:05 <MunkyJunky> It did go well!

    19:08:16 <AlanBell> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/51/detail/

    19:08:36 <daubers> Excellent, well done to those that organised it

    19:09:12 <daubers> Moving on?

    19:09:15 <AlanBell> yup

    19:09:18 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] Daviey and czajkowski to do more publicity on the geeknic

    19:09:41 <daubers> Daviey?

    19:10:49 <daubers> czajkowski?

    19:11:05 <Daviey> no action from here.

    19:11:18 <brobostigon> she was talking about it in #ubuntu-uk not long ago.

    19:11:36 <daubers> Ok, can we someone volunteer to post to the mailing list?

    19:12:34 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool

    19:12:42 <daubers> Ok, next

    19:12:52 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] daubers to put support guidelines in a wiki page prior to next meeting

    19:13:01 <daubers> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support_Guidelines

    19:13:07 <brobostigon> Smile :)

    19:13:27 <brobostigon> iam happy with it, right now.

    19:13:29 <daubers> I've popped these on the wiki now, and (think) I dropped an email to the list.

    19:13:38 <daubers> I'll go further into this in a second

    19:13:45 <daubers> since thats the end of the last meetings actions

    19:13:59 <daubers> [TOPIC] Daubers - Support Guidelines

    19:14:04 <brobostigon> Do we need to do a review of those proposedguidelines?

    19:14:46 <daubers> As I said these are now on the wiki, an I believe I emailed the mailing list. Do people want time to review them further and me to push them a bit more, or how would people like to proceed?

    19:15:13 <brobostigon> i would like to be able to review them, please.

    19:15:47 <AlanBell> would be good to share them about at UDS

    19:15:53 <daubers> Ok, are there any major failings in the proposed guidelines?

    19:16:13 <brobostigon> daubers: not that i can immediatly remember, no.

    19:16:16 <daubers> AlanBell: Would you be happy to do that? I'm not going

    19:16:29 <daubers> Work, money and stuff are in the way

    19:16:33 <AlanBell> I see no failures, but they can probably be expanded on over time

    19:16:52 <AlanBell> yes I can try and talk to other teams about them at UDS

    19:16:56 <brobostigon> I would be happier with review before proper adoption.

    19:17:18 <daubers> Awesome, if anyone thinks it would help, I'm happy to do a session at oggcamp

    19:17:21 <brobostigon> and good scruteny.

    19:17:54 <Yorvyk> I think they need to bee used to see if they work

    19:18:03 <AlanBell> an oggcamp session would be great

    19:18:42 <daubers> So, if I do an oggcamp session and write up some bits, are we happy to do a trial implimentation as of next week and then a review afterwards?

    19:18:56 <AlanBell> I am

    19:18:57 <daubers> See if I can organise a meeting dedicated to that [TOPIC]

    19:19:20 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines

    19:19:44 <daubers> Do we want to vote on a trial implimentation?

    19:19:44 <brobostigon> ok.

    19:19:57 <AlanBell> ok

    19:19:58 <brobostigon> after review,yes.

    19:20:00 <The_Toxic_Mite> ok

    19:20:21 <brobostigon> not before.

    19:20:58 <daubers> brobostigon: Not sure there's a lot to review initially. They're set out fairly plainly in the wiki page. There will be a lot of wiggle room in the trial as well

    19:21:36 <BigRedS_> I'd suggest a trial to find out what needs adding. I've had a skim and there appears to be vagueness rather than anything likely disagreeable

    19:21:37 <brobostigon> daubers: i mean, for any big issues, thats all, or any possible additions or changes.

    19:21:53 <daubers> brobostigon: I think a trial would be best to hilight that (personally)

    19:22:10 <daubers> If it all fails during the trial then obviously it'll get pulled and discussed further

    19:22:22 <brobostigon> daubers: true, but a "not firm trial" rather thandefinate firm trial.

    19:22:35 <daubers> Yes, as I said, wit a lot of wiggle room

    19:22:46 <brobostigon> ok,

    19:22:49 <AlanBell> more of a beta than a release candidate

    19:22:54 <brobostigon> i am happy.

    19:22:58 <daubers> [VOTE] Should we have a beta trial of the support guidelines, followed by a meeting to review them?

    19:23:06 <AlanBell> +1

    19:23:08 <daubers> +1

    19:23:08 <brobostigon> +1

    19:23:12 <BigRedS_> +1

    19:23:14 <Yorvyk> +1

    19:23:19 <freesitebuilder_> 0

    19:23:27 <Azelphur> -1

    19:23:33 <L0ki> +1

    19:23:47 <TonyP> +1

    19:23:54 <danfish> +1

    19:24:07 <The_Toxic_Mite> +1

    19:24:16 <daubers> Blimey, I think we can take that as a yes

    19:24:21 <daubers> [ENDVOTE] 19:24:31 * brobostigon goes to make a copy of the guidelines,

    19:24:40 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines

    19:24:52 <daubers> [Action] Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial

    19:25:00 <daubers> Everyone happy?

    19:25:04 <brobostigon> yes.

    19:25:12 <daubers> Ok, moving the train along Smile :)

    19:25:21 <daubers> [TOPIC] TBA - OGGCamp related bits

    19:25:27 <Azelphur> hehe, I did 99.9% of stuff that was in the guidelines anyway Smile :)

    19:25:31 <Yorvyk> Should the IRC channel be informed

    19:25:40 <daubers> Yorvyk: I'll do that as well

    19:25:50 <Yorvyk> ok

    19:25:53 <Daviey> daubers: Wikipage + url to [TOPIC]?

    19:25:54 <AlanBell> ok, so who is going to oggcamp?

    19:26:05 <Yorvyk> o/

    19:26:06 <dutchie> o/

    19:26:07 <AlanBell> o/

    19:26:17 <daubers> o/

    19:26:26 <daubers> Daviey: Yes please Smile :)

    19:26:49 <daubers> sorry, I moved on a bit quick there

    19:27:21 <daubers> Would Daviey or anyone like to say a few words about oggcamp?

    19:27:41 <AlanBell> http://ideas.oggcamp.org/ is a collection of bits of oggcamp info

    19:28:00 <AlanBell> in particular look at the talks page

    19:28:42 <AlanBell> and there is of course the geeknic on Friday afternoon

    19:28:45 <yamanickill_> have i missed the meeting

    19:28:48 <yamanickill_> ahhh that'll be a no

    19:28:50 <yamanickill_> good

    19:28:58 <daubers> Anyone considering a talk, do it! Smile :)

    19:28:59 <AlanBell> yamanickill_: still proceeding

    19:29:17 <daubers> Also, anyone I've not yet met, come say hello!

    19:29:22 <yamanickill_> AlanBell: cool thanks, sorry if i missed my section

    19:29:53 <daubers> Any other Oggcamp business people would like raised?

    19:30:24 <dutchie> go to oggcamp!

    19:30:32 <daubers> Smile :) We'll move along then

    19:30:41 <daubers> Steaming through today

    19:30:47 <daubers> [TOPIC] TBA - UDS related bits

    19:31:05 <AlanBell> I am going to UDS

    19:31:11 <daubers> Anybody intending to attend UDS?

    19:31:18 <AlanBell> and I found out today I am doing crew for it too

    19:31:19 <The_Toxic_Mite> No

    19:31:37 <daubers> AlanBell: \o/ Crew is the best thing to do at these things

    19:31:44 <Yorvyk> I am in the vacinty that week so might pop in

    19:31:47 <AlanBell> popey and Daviey are going, amongst others

    19:31:54 <brobostigon> writing a blueprint thoygh

    19:32:25 <AlanBell> if there is anything that you want raised with the wider community then fill in blueprints or hassle people who are going

    19:32:30 <AlanBell> or both

    19:32:55 <daubers> If poeple want help finding who to hassle or with blueprints please ask in the channel

    19:33:08 <brobostigon> will do

    19:33:36 <daubers> AlanBell: Anything else you wanted to cover here?

    19:33:46 <AlanBell> no, don't think so

    19:33:50 <daubers> Ok

    19:33:51 <AlanBell> party on the Eurostar

    19:34:04 <daubers> Heh, just don't go starting any fires!

    19:34:35 <danfish> eggplant =! aubergine

    19:34:38 <daubers> [TOPIC] Any other business

    19:34:49 <daubers> Anyone like to raise something?

    19:34:52 <yamanickill_> want an update on scottish release party?

    19:35:06 <daubers> yamanickill_: Yes please!

    19:35:10 <daubers> I must have missed that

    19:35:12 <daubers> sorry Sad :(

    19:35:15 <AlanBell> wasn't there a release parties [TOPIC]?

    19:35:21 <daubers> [TOPIC] Release Parties

    19:35:21 <yamanickill_> AlanBell: yeah, but i wasn't here

    19:35:30 <yamanickill_> i couldn't get onto irc

    19:35:42 <yamanickill_> the planning for this party is going pretty well. 1 week to go until the party 19:35:55 * The_Toxic_Mite smacks his head

    19:36:07 <yamanickill_> we have almost everything organised. didn't get any sponsors for beer, so we are just gonna let people BYOB

    19:36:15 <yamanickill_> and everything is going good :-

    19:36:18 <yamanickill_> Smile :-)

    19:36:21 <The_Toxic_Mite> yamanickill_: Where's the party going to be?

    19:36:26 <daubers> yamanickill_: Got a link for your release party info? 19:36:31 * brobostigon sneaks in banbury

    19:36:37 <The_Toxic_Mite> brobostigon: _

    19:36:44 <yamanickill_> The_Toxic_Mite: it is in the Strathclyde university union

    19:36:57 <yamanickill_> daubers: erm its on the release parties page, me thinks

    19:37:02 <yamanickill_> you mean detailed info?

    19:37:04 <AlanBell> release parties should be now added to the loco directory

    19:37:06 <The_Toxic_Mite> yamanickill_: Ah. Glasgow's fairly inconvenient for me, and given that I have exams on, I may not be allowed to come

    19:37:09 <daubers> yamanickill_: Yes please

    19:37:27 <yamanickill_> ok, well the only detailed info that is public is the info on my evernote...2 secs lemme get the link

    19:37:48 <yamanickill_> http://www.evernote.com/pub/yamanickill/ubuntu

    19:37:53 <daubers> [ACTION] Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid

    19:38:11 <daubers> Awesome Smile :)

    19:38:20 <Daviey> +1

    19:38:21 <daubers> yamanickill_: Can you make sure a reminder goes to the -uk list?

    19:38:28 <AlanBell> ok, London party is tomorrow night

    19:38:31 <yamanickill_> daubers: yep, will do that

    19:38:31 <brobostigon> daubers: banbury also please.:)

    19:38:34 <AlanBell> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/121/detail/ 19:38:36 * The_Toxic_Mite checks timetables on nationalrail.co.uk

    19:38:42 <daubers> action yamanickill to send a reminder to the list

    19:38:56 <daubers> brobostigon: Once AlanBell is done with London we'll come to you

    19:39:04 <brobostigon> Smile :)

    19:39:16 <brobostigon> i am eating, so give me a shout.

    19:39:19 <daubers> Was the London one organised by Canonical again this time around?

    19:39:21 <AlanBell> so the London party is in a wine bar in Pall Mall

    19:39:30 <AlanBell> it is canonical organised, they sorted the venue

    19:39:57 <AlanBell> but we had some input into it and it should be a bit classier than before Smile :-)

    19:40:08 <daubers> Excellent Smile :)

    19:40:14 <AlanBell> not sure of the age limit

    19:40:48 <AlanBell> anyone under 21 and intending to go might want to give them a call and check first

    19:41:02 <funkyHat> If only I didn't have college the following morning, I might have caught the train down from Northampton

    19:41:14 <AlanBell> see you all tomorrow o/

    19:41:24 <daubers> Good good Smile :)

    19:41:28 <daubers> So to Banbury

    19:41:30 <brobostigon> one sec.

    19:41:51 <daubers> action People attending the London launch part to enjoy themselves immensley

    19:41:58 <brobostigon> okies

    19:42:07 <Azelphur> ...or else? 19:42:11 * BigRedS_ will do his best

    19:42:20 <daubers> brobostigon, over to you

    19:42:36 <brobostigon> saturday night, may 1st, olde reindeer inn, more social.

    19:42:48 <brobostigon> nothing to formal,

    19:42:57 <yamanickill_> daubers: aw...can the scottish launch party people not enjoy themselves?

    19:43:07 <daubers> yamanickill_: That was already actioned

    19:43:11 <brobostigon> also need to be of the right age, and dress responably smart/casual.

    19:43:21 <brobostigon> reasonably*

    19:43:33 <daubers> brobostigon: What's the age limit?

    19:43:33 <brobostigon> around 7:30pm start,

    19:43:40 <yamanickill_> daubers: ha, nothing about fun tho :-P

    19:43:44 <brobostigon> daubers: generally over 21.

    19:44:03 <daubers> Ok, and is there an event page?

    19:44:21 <brobostigon> daubers: on loco.ubuntu.com and onthe wiki. yes.

    19:44:39 <brobostigon> ido have the paghe infront of me,

    19:44:43 <brobostigon> dont*

    19:45:00 <daubers> ok, http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/

    19:45:11 <daubers> Looks to be the one

    19:45:16 <brobostigon> thats it.

    19:45:29 <daubers> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/

    19:45:34 <daubers> Thank you Mr Bot

    19:45:43 <daubers> Ok, any other release parties?

    19:46:20 <daubers> action People attending Banbury release party to enjoy themselves

    19:46:26 <brobostigon> Smile :)

    19:46:31 <Daviey> I have a bottle of port waiting for my personal release party Smile :)

    19:46:38 <brobostigon> and good beer, Smile :) as always,

    19:46:43 <daubers> Daviey: May I suggest some cheese with that?

    19:47:05 <Daviey> daubers: you may!

    19:47:08 <daubers> Ok Smile :) Going back to AOB

    19:47:14 <daubers> [TOPIC] Any other Business

    19:47:36 <AlanBell> I just phoned the London venue, it is over 18

    19:47:39 <daubers> Anyone like to raise any issues?

    19:48:05 <dutchie> go to oggcamp!

    19:48:05 <brobostigon> generally over 18 is fine for banbury, aswell,

    19:48:20 <brobostigon> but over 21 is there as a rule for certain peole.

    19:48:41 <daubers> Okey dokey.

    19:48:54 <daubers> brobostigon: Can you drop a reminder to the -uk list too please?

    19:49:08 <daubers> for the banbury party

    19:49:14 <brobostigon> daubers: yes, Smile :)

    19:49:16 <daubers> action

    19:49:33 <daubers> action brobostigon to send reminder to mailing list re: banbury release party

    19:49:43 <daubers> No more business?

    19:49:50 <brobostigon> not from here, no.

    19:50:14 <AlanBell> May 6th, don't forget to vote

    19:50:29 <daubers> Oh yes, everybody remember to vote on the 6th

    19:50:37 <brobostigon> Smile :) always,

    19:50:40 <Azelphur> AlanBell: oh cool, is that when the election is?

    19:50:43 <daubers> Those who are eligable anyway

    19:51:04 <AlanBell> Azelphur: yes

    19:51:07 <Azelphur> i see

    19:51:19 <Azelphur> I registered at aboutmyvote.org but never received any papers yet

    19:51:38 <Azelphur> aboutmyvote.co.uk, rather

    19:51:47 <daubers> Ok, shall we organise the next meeting?

    19:51:47 <yamanickill_> ahh yes...the election

    19:51:53 <daubers> [TOPIC] Date of next meeting

    19:52:07 <yamanickill_> are we continuing on the 1st wed of each month?

    19:52:10 <yamanickill_> apart from today obv

    19:52:18 <AlanBell> I think so

    19:52:29 <yamanickill_> i'm happy with that. not so good with the last wed

    19:52:57 <daubers> Is it ok for me to organise an out of sequence meeting the following week to chase support guidelines? Or would people rather we have it run for 2 weeks

    19:53:07 <daubers> (though that would be 2 weeks)

    19:53:29 * AlanBell is confused 19:53:42 * yamanickill_ is also confused

    19:53:46 <brobostigon> sothree insted of two?

    19:53:47 <daubers> The first wednesday of the month would be next week

    19:54:10 <AlanBell> ok, this meeting was brought forward a week to be in front of release and oggcamp

    19:54:18 <daubers> Ah, ok

    19:54:19 <brobostigon> true

    19:54:31 <AlanBell> the next meeting I was expecting would be July 7th

    19:54:35 <AlanBell> oops, no

    19:54:43 <AlanBell> June 2nd

    19:55:18 <AlanBell> so when do you want the support guidelines meeting?

    19:55:29 <brobostigon> as long as not, tuesday evening, i amhappy, i play chess tuesday evening.

    19:55:33 <daubers> I'd like to run that on the week containing the 14th

    19:56:05 <brobostigon> i am happy to go with everyone else on this one, i am very free.

    19:56:09 <daubers> Which lets it run for 2 weeks

    19:56:29 <AlanBell> UDS is the week containing the 14th

    19:56:35 <daubers> Ah, ok, so the following week

    19:56:47 <AlanBell> sounds good

    19:56:48 <yamanickill_> is there internet at uds? :-P

    19:56:59 <brobostigon> sounds fine here.

    19:57:19 <daubers> action Daubers to organise support meeting on the 19th of April

    19:57:39 <brobostigon> i am hppy.

    19:57:48 <daubers> Can we have a chair for the meeting on the 7th of July? (as that is a general meeting)

    19:58:10 <brobostigon> count me out, my internet is not reliable right now, consistently.

    19:58:14 <Yorvyk> April ??

    19:58:24 <AlanBell> danfish for chair?

    19:58:37 <daubers> sorry Sad :( I'll correct that in the minutes, I meant may

    19:58:38 <yamanickill_> june...not july

    19:58:42 <daubers> and june

    19:58:47 <daubers> I'm rubbish at this!

    19:58:55 <yamanickill_> :-P

    19:59:06 <daubers> danfish: Would you like to volunteer?

    19:59:22 <daubers> or yamanickill_ ?

    19:59:32 <Yorvyk> 19 may is a tuesday

    19:59:56 <daubers> Yorvyk: It's a wednesday according to my calender

    20:00:20 <Daviey> We can leave it without a chair, and get a volunteer prior to the start of the next

    20:00:23 <Yorvyk> OK wring Year

    20:00:25 <yamanickill_> i'll go for it if someone tells me what to do. i've no iea what to do. this is the 2nd of june, yeah?

    20:00:53 <daubers> yamanickill_: 7th of june Smile :)

    20:01:04 <daubers> according to AlanBell

    20:01:09 <danfish> yep, I'll voluteer - flattered!

    20:01:22 <yamanickill_> 7th is a friday...that was the july one wasn't it?

    20:01:31 <yamanickill_> wow this is confusing just now

    20:01:37 <daubers> yamanickill_: 7th is a monday

    20:01:38 <AlanBell> 2nd of June!

    20:01:42 <daubers> ok

    20:01:58 <daubers> Next meeting: 2nd of June

    20:02:08 <daubers> danfish or yamanickill_: Who'd like to do it?

    20:02:38 <yamanickill_> danfish: you go for it

    20:02:49 <yamanickill_> i'll take it some other time

    20:02:51 <daubers> [TOPIC] Next meeting 2nd of June danfish to chair

    20:03:00 <daubers> #endmeeting

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell)

AlanBell/mootbot (last edited 2011-08-15 20:35:31 by alanbell)