mootbot

Differences between revisions 16 and 17
Revision 16 as of 2010-08-30 12:07:36
Size: 23648
Editor: alanbell
Comment:
Revision 17 as of 2010-09-02 18:59:42
Size: 3195
Editor: alanbell
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
#title UK Meeting
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||
#title #ubuntu-br-meeting Meeting
Line 4: Line 3:
Meeting started by daubers at 19:00:00 UTC. The full logs are available
at tests/ukmeet.log.html .
Meeting started by AlanBell at 18:52:45 UTC. The full logs are
available at
h
ttp://mootbot.libertus.co.uk/ubuntu-br-meeting/2010/ubuntu-br-meeting.2010-09-02-18.52.log.html
.
Line 11: Line 12:
 *'''Review of action items from last meeting''' (daubers, 19:03:33)
  *''LINK:'' https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2010-April/023790.html (Daviey, 19:05:30)
  *''ACTION:'' People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report (daubers, 19:07:11)
  *''LINK:'' http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/51/detail/ (AlanBell, 19:08:16)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool (daubers, 19:12:34)
  *''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support_Guidelines (daubers, 19:13:01)
 *'''this is a topic''' (AlanBell, 18:53:07)
Line 18: Line 14:
 *'''Daubers - Support Guidelines''' (daubers, 19:13:59)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines (daubers, 19:19:20)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines (daubers, 19:24:40)
  *''ACTION:'' Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial (daubers, 19:24:52)

 *'''TBA - OGGCamp related bits''' (daubers, 19:25:21)
  *''LINK:'' http://ideas.oggcamp.org/ is a collection of bits of oggcamp info (AlanBell, 19:27:41)

 *'''TBA - UDS related bits''' (daubers, 19:30:47)

 *'''Any other business''' (daubers, 19:34:38)

 *'''Release Parties''' (daubers, 19:35:21)
  *''LINK:'' http://www.evernote.com/pub/yamanickill/ubuntu (yamanickill_, 19:37:48)
  *''ACTION:'' Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid (daubers, 19:37:53)
  *''LINK:'' http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/121/detail/ (AlanBell, 19:38:34)
  *''LINK:'' http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/ (daubers, 19:45:29)

 *'''Any other Business''' (daubers, 19:47:14)

 *'''Date of next meeting''' (daubers, 19:51:53)

 *'''Next meeting 2nd of June danfish to chair''' (daubers, 20:02:51)
 *'''this is a topic too''' (AlanBell, 18:53:18)
Line 44: Line 18:
Meeting ended at 20:03:00 UTC. Meeting ended at 18:57:48 UTC.
Line 51: Line 25:
 * Should we have a beta trial of the support guidelines, followed by a meeting to review them?
   For: 9 Against: 1 Abstained: 1
Line 58: Line 29:
 * People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report
 * Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool
 * Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines
 * Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines
 * Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial
 * Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid
 * (none)
Line 69: Line 35:
 * daubers (131)
 * brobostigon (57)
 * AlanBell (49)
 * yamanickill_ (32)
 * Daviey (17)
 * Yorvyk (11)
 * The_Toxic_Mite (9)
 * Azelphur (8)
 * BigRedS_ (4)
 * dutchie (4)
 * danfish (3)
 * freesitebuilder_ (2)
 * L0ki (2)
 * MunkyJunky (2)
 * TonyP (1)
 * funkyHat (1)
 * AlanBell (21)
 * meetingology (14)
 * easter_egg (11)
Line 91: Line 44:
 19:00:00 <daubers> #startmeeting  18:52:45 <AlanBell> #startmeeting
Line 93: Line 46:
 19:01:41 <AlanBell> o/  18:52:45 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Sep 2 18:52:45 2010 UTC. The chair is AlanBell. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell.
Line 95: Line 48:
 19:01:47 <dutchie> o/  18:52:45 <meetingology> updated
Line 97: Line 50:
 19:01:54 <brobostigon> o/  18:52:45 <meetingology> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
Line 99: Line 52:
 19:01:55 <daubers> Apologies if I muck up commands, my lappy screen is a bit small for two sets of crib sheets  18:52:45 <meetingology> updated
Line 101: Line 54:
 19:02:06 <Yorvyk> o/  18:52:54 <AlanBell> hola
Line 103: Line 56:
 19:02:32 <daubers> Anyone who's present say so please :)  18:52:59 <easter_egg> very thank you
Line 105: Line 58:
 19:02:42 <brobostigon> present  18:53:07 <AlanBell> [topic] this is a topic
Line 107: Line 60:
 19:02:43 <MunkyJunky> present  18:53:07 <meetingology> TOPIC: this is a topic
Line 109: Line 62:
 19:02:44 <BigRedS_> present  18:53:15 <easter_egg> AlanBell, all the commands are the same =]
Line 111: Line 64:
 19:02:47 <daubers> present  18:53:18 <AlanBell> #topic this is a topic too
Line 113: Line 66:
 19:02:58 <Yorvyk> present  18:53:18 <meetingology> TOPIC: this is a topic too
Line 115: Line 68:
 19:03:14 <freesitebuilder_> present  18:53:30 <AlanBell> you can use # for every command now
Line 117: Line 70:
 19:03:16 <Azelphur> present  18:53:40 <AlanBell> #chairs easter_egg AlanBell
Line 119: Line 72:
 19:03:21 <L0ki> present  18:53:57 <AlanBell> #chair easter_egg AlanBell
Line 121: Line 74:
 19:03:31 <daubers> ok  18:53:57 <meetingology> Current chairs: AlanBell easter_egg
Line 123: Line 76:
 19:03:33 <daubers> #ToPic Review of action items from last meeting  18:54:04 <easter_egg> hmm
Line 125: Line 78:
 19:03:40 <daubers> #subtopic Daviey to kick off team reporting and find interested parties to do regular reports  18:54:06 <AlanBell> now you are a chair too
Line 127: Line 80:
 19:03:44 <daubers> Daviey?  18:54:13 <AlanBell> #voters
Line 129: Line 82:
 19:04:18 <Daviey> \o  18:54:13 <meetingology> Current voters:
Line 131: Line 84:
 19:04:30 <The_Toxic_Mite> oops, present  18:54:25 <AlanBell> #voters easter_egg
Line 133: Line 86:
 19:04:37 <daubers> How goes said reporting?  18:54:25 <meetingology> Current voters: easter_egg
Line 135: Line 88:
 19:04:41 <Daviey> Ok, deadline for April is technically this Sunday  18:54:36 <easter_egg> #vote this
Line 137: Line 90:
 19:04:58 <Daviey> I've today posted to the LoCo list  18:54:36 <meetingology> Vote on: this
Line 139: Line 92:
 19:05:06 <Daviey> asking people to add activities  18:54:36 <meetingology> Please vote by saying +1, 0 or -1 in channel (or in a private message to me - feature not ready yet)
Line 141: Line 94:
 19:05:20 * brobostigon read it.  18:54:40 <easter_egg> +1
Line 143: Line 96:
 19:05:30 <Daviey> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2010-April/023790.html  18:54:40 <meetingology> +1 received from easter_egg
Line 145: Line 98:
 19:05:54 <Daviey> Essentially, it's a call for people to add anything they have achieved in April  18:54:42 <AlanBell> +1
Line 147: Line 100:
 19:06:02 <Daviey> (or the LoCo)  18:54:51 <AlanBell> doesn't listen to me, I am not a voter!
Line 149: Line 102:
 19:06:24 <Daviey> I'm going to poke a few people that i know have achieved stuff  18:54:57 <AlanBell> #voters everyone
Line 151: Line 104:
 19:06:39 <Daviey> if people present could do that also, it would be grand  18:54:57 <meetingology> Everyone can now vote
Line 153: Line 106:
 19:06:48 <daubers> Excellent :)  18:55:00 <AlanBell> +1
Line 155: Line 108:
 19:06:51 <brobostigon> willdo Daviey  18:55:00 <meetingology> +1 received from AlanBell
Line 157: Line 110:
 19:06:52 <brobostigon> :)  18:55:06 <easter_egg> hmmm
Line 159: Line 112:
 19:07:11 <daubers> [ACTION] People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report  18:55:26 <easter_egg> this is not exists in the mootbot
Line 161: Line 114:
 19:07:21 <brobostigon> :)  18:55:33 <AlanBell> nope, new features
Line 163: Line 116:
 19:07:26 <daubers> Shall we move on?  18:55:56 <easter_egg> i like it
Line 165: Line 118:
 19:07:27 <brobostigon> agreed.  18:56:03 <easter_egg> you have your source on launchpad?
Line 167: Line 120:
 19:07:41 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] AlanBell to find out what happened at the manchester jam  18:56:07 <AlanBell> #progress report foo
Line 169: Line 122:
 19:07:45 <AlanBell> the manchester jam occured and seems to have gone well, MunkyJunky talked about it on the full circle podcast  18:56:33 <AlanBell> not just yet, but it will be going on Launchpad soon
Line 171: Line 124:
 19:07:45 <Daviey> ta  18:56:38 <AlanBell> it is python
Line 173: Line 126:
 19:07:54 <Daviey> present btw :)  18:57:00 <AlanBell> mootbot is TCL in an eggdrop bot, this is a rewrite in python as a supybot plugin
Line 175: Line 128:
 19:08:05 <MunkyJunky> It did go well!  18:57:01 <easter_egg> AlanBell, this is very good. If you like some help to translate the bot with rosetta
Line 177: Line 130:
 19:08:16 <AlanBell> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/51/detail/  18:57:23 <AlanBell> I would love it translated, I don't really know how that works at all
Line 179: Line 132:
 19:08:36 <daubers> Excellent, well done to those that organised it  18:57:34 <easter_egg> AlanBell, I'm working in a bot using supybot too
Line 181: Line 134:
 19:09:12 <daubers> Moving on?

 19:09:15 <AlanBell> yup

 19:09:18 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] Daviey and czajkowski to do more publicity on the geeknic

 19:09:41 <daubers> Daviey?

 19:10:49 <daubers> czajkowski?

 19:11:05 <Daviey> no action from here.

 19:11:18 <brobostigon> she was talking about it in #ubuntu-uk not long ago.

 19:11:36 <daubers> Ok, can we someone volunteer to post to the mailing list?

 19:12:34 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to either poke czajkowski to or get himself to send a mail to the -uk list this evning about the geeknic in Liverpool

 19:12:42 <daubers> Ok, next

 19:12:52 <daubers> [PROGRESS REPORT] daubers to put support guidelines in a wiki page prior to next meeting

 19:13:01 <daubers> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support_Guidelines

 19:13:07 <brobostigon> :)

 19:13:27 <brobostigon> iam happy with it, right now.

 19:13:29 <daubers> I've popped these on the wiki now, and (think) I dropped an email to the list.

 19:13:38 <daubers> I'll go further into this in a second

 19:13:45 <daubers> since thats the end of the last meetings actions

 19:13:59 <daubers> [TOPIC] Daubers - Support Guidelines

 19:14:04 <brobostigon> Do we need to do a review of those proposedguidelines?

 19:14:46 <daubers> As I said these are now on the wiki, an I believe I emailed the mailing list. Do people want time to review them further and me to push them a bit more, or how would people like to proceed?

 19:15:13 <brobostigon> i would like to be able to review them, please.

 19:15:47 <AlanBell> would be good to share them about at UDS

 19:15:53 <daubers> Ok, are there any major failings in the proposed guidelines?

 19:16:13 <brobostigon> daubers: not that i can immediatly remember, no.

 19:16:16 <daubers> AlanBell: Would you be happy to do that? I'm not going

 19:16:29 <daubers> Work, money and stuff are in the way

 19:16:33 <AlanBell> I see no failures, but they can probably be expanded on over time

 19:16:52 <AlanBell> yes I can try and talk to other teams about them at UDS

 19:16:56 <brobostigon> I would be happier with review before proper adoption.

 19:17:18 <daubers> Awesome, if anyone thinks it would help, I'm happy to do a session at oggcamp

 19:17:21 <brobostigon> and good scruteny.

 19:17:54 <Yorvyk> I think they need to bee used to see if they work

 19:18:03 <AlanBell> an oggcamp session would be great

 19:18:42 <daubers> So, if I do an oggcamp session and write up some bits, are we happy to do a trial implimentation as of next week and then a review afterwards?

 19:18:56 <AlanBell> I am

 19:18:57 <daubers> See if I can organise a meeting dedicated to that [TOPIC]

 19:19:20 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to write a tal for Oggcamp on the proposed support guidelines

 19:19:44 <daubers> Do we want to vote on a trial implimentation?

 19:19:44 <brobostigon> ok.

 19:19:57 <AlanBell> ok

 19:19:58 <brobostigon> after review,yes.

 19:20:00 <The_Toxic_Mite> ok

 19:20:21 <brobostigon> not before.

 19:20:58 <daubers> brobostigon: Not sure there's a lot to review initially. They're set out fairly plainly in the wiki page. There will be a lot of wiggle room in the trial as well

 19:21:36 <BigRedS_> I'd suggest a trial to find out what needs adding. I've had a skim and there appears to be vagueness rather than anything likely disagreeable

 19:21:37 <brobostigon> daubers: i mean, for any big issues, thats all, or any possible additions or changes.

 19:21:53 <daubers> brobostigon: I think a trial would be best to hilight that (personally)

 19:22:10 <daubers> If it all fails during the trial then obviously it'll get pulled and discussed further

 19:22:22 <brobostigon> daubers: true, but a "not firm trial" rather thandefinate firm trial.

 19:22:35 <daubers> Yes, as I said, wit a lot of wiggle room

 19:22:46 <brobostigon> ok,

 19:22:49 <AlanBell> more of a beta than a release candidate

 19:22:54 <brobostigon> i am happy.

 19:22:58 <daubers> [VOTE] Should we have a beta trial of the support guidelines, followed by a meeting to review them?

 19:23:06 <AlanBell> +1

 19:23:08 <daubers> +1

 19:23:08 <brobostigon> +1

 19:23:12 <BigRedS_> +1

 19:23:14 <Yorvyk> +1

 19:23:19 <freesitebuilder_> 0

 19:23:27 <Azelphur> -1

 19:23:33 <L0ki> +1

 19:23:47 <TonyP> +1

 19:23:54 <danfish> +1

 19:24:07 <The_Toxic_Mite> +1

 19:24:16 <daubers> Blimey, I think we can take that as a yes

 19:24:21 <daubers> [ENDVOTE]

 19:24:31 * brobostigon goes to make a copy of the guidelines,

 19:24:40 <daubers> [ACTION] Daubers to send a mail to the list explaining the guidelines

 19:24:52 <daubers> [Action] Daubers to organise a meeting following the trial

 19:25:00 <daubers> Everyone happy?

 19:25:04 <brobostigon> yes.

 19:25:12 <daubers> Ok, moving the train along :)

 19:25:21 <daubers> [TOPIC] TBA - OGGCamp related bits

 19:25:27 <Azelphur> hehe, I did 99.9% of stuff that was in the guidelines anyway :)

 19:25:31 <Yorvyk> Should the IRC channel be informed

 19:25:40 <daubers> Yorvyk: I'll do that as well

 19:25:50 <Yorvyk> ok

 19:25:53 <Daviey> daubers: Wikipage + url to [TOPIC]?

 19:25:54 <AlanBell> ok, so who is going to oggcamp?

 19:26:05 <Yorvyk> o/

 19:26:06 <dutchie> o/

 19:26:07 <AlanBell> o/

 19:26:17 <daubers> o/

 19:26:26 <daubers> Daviey: Yes please :)

 19:26:49 <daubers> sorry, I moved on a bit quick there

 19:27:21 <daubers> Would Daviey or anyone like to say a few words about oggcamp?

 19:27:41 <AlanBell> http://ideas.oggcamp.org/ is a collection of bits of oggcamp info

 19:28:00 <AlanBell> in particular look at the talks page

 19:28:42 <AlanBell> and there is of course the geeknic on Friday afternoon

 19:28:45 <yamanickill_> have i missed the meeting

 19:28:48 <yamanickill_> ahhh that'll be a no

 19:28:50 <yamanickill_> good

 19:28:58 <daubers> Anyone considering a talk, do it! :)

 19:28:59 <AlanBell> yamanickill_: still proceeding

 19:29:17 <daubers> Also, anyone I've not yet met, come say hello!

 19:29:22 <yamanickill_> AlanBell: cool thanks, sorry if i missed my section

 19:29:53 <daubers> Any other Oggcamp business people would like raised?

 19:30:24 <dutchie> go to oggcamp!

 19:30:32 <daubers> :) We'll move along then

 19:30:41 <daubers> Steaming through today

 19:30:47 <daubers> [TOPIC] TBA - UDS related bits

 19:31:05 <AlanBell> I am going to UDS

 19:31:11 <daubers> Anybody intending to attend UDS?

 19:31:18 <AlanBell> and I found out today I am doing crew for it too

 19:31:19 <The_Toxic_Mite> No

 19:31:37 <daubers> AlanBell: \o/ Crew is the best thing to do at these things

 19:31:44 <Yorvyk> I am in the vacinty that week so might pop in

 19:31:47 <AlanBell> popey and Daviey are going, amongst others

 19:31:54 <brobostigon> writing a blueprint thoygh

 19:32:25 <AlanBell> if there is anything that you want raised with the wider community then fill in blueprints or hassle people who are going

 19:32:30 <AlanBell> or both

 19:32:55 <daubers> If poeple want help finding who to hassle or with blueprints please ask in the channel

 19:33:08 <brobostigon> will do

 19:33:36 <daubers> AlanBell: Anything else you wanted to cover here?

 19:33:46 <AlanBell> no, don't think so

 19:33:50 <daubers> Ok

 19:33:51 <AlanBell> party on the Eurostar

 19:34:04 <daubers> Heh, just don't go starting any fires!

 19:34:35 <danfish> eggplant =! aubergine

 19:34:38 <daubers> [TOPIC] Any other business

 19:34:49 <daubers> Anyone like to raise something?

 19:34:52 <yamanickill_> want an update on scottish release party?

 19:35:06 <daubers> yamanickill_: Yes please!

 19:35:10 <daubers> I must have missed that

 19:35:12 <daubers> sorry :(

 19:35:15 <AlanBell> wasn't there a release parties [TOPIC]?

 19:35:21 <daubers> [TOPIC] Release Parties

 19:35:21 <yamanickill_> AlanBell: yeah, but i wasn't here

 19:35:30 <yamanickill_> i couldn't get onto irc

 19:35:42 <yamanickill_> the planning for this party is going pretty well. 1 week to go until the party

 19:35:55 * The_Toxic_Mite smacks his head

 19:36:07 <yamanickill_> we have almost everything organised. didn't get any sponsors for beer, so we are just gonna let people BYOB

 19:36:15 <yamanickill_> and everything is going good :-

 19:36:18 <yamanickill_> :-)

 19:36:21 <The_Toxic_Mite> yamanickill_: Where's the party going to be?

 19:36:26 <daubers> yamanickill_: Got a link for your release party info?

 19:36:31 * brobostigon sneaks in banbury

 19:36:37 <The_Toxic_Mite> brobostigon: ^_^

 19:36:44 <yamanickill_> The_Toxic_Mite: it is in the Strathclyde university union

 19:36:57 <yamanickill_> daubers: erm its on the release parties page, me thinks

 19:37:02 <yamanickill_> you mean detailed info?

 19:37:04 <AlanBell> release parties should be now added to the loco directory

 19:37:06 <The_Toxic_Mite> yamanickill_: Ah. Glasgow's fairly inconvenient for me, and given that I have exams on, I may not be allowed to come

 19:37:09 <daubers> yamanickill_: Yes please

 19:37:27 <yamanickill_> ok, well the only detailed info that is public is the info on my evernote...2 secs lemme get the link

 19:37:48 <yamanickill_> http://www.evernote.com/pub/yamanickill/ubuntu

 19:37:53 <daubers> [ACTION] Anyone in the vicinity of the Scottish Release Party to go, be sociable and enjoy themselves while celebrating Lucid

 19:38:11 <daubers> Awesome :)

 19:38:20 <Daviey> +1

 19:38:21 <daubers> yamanickill_: Can you make sure a reminder goes to the -uk list?

 19:38:28 <AlanBell> ok, London party is tomorrow night

 19:38:31 <yamanickill_> daubers: yep, will do that

 19:38:31 <brobostigon> daubers: banbury also please.:)

 19:38:34 <AlanBell> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/121/detail/

 19:38:36 * The_Toxic_Mite checks timetables on nationalrail.co.uk

 19:38:42 <daubers> action yamanickill to send a reminder to the list

 19:38:56 <daubers> brobostigon: Once AlanBell is done with London we'll come to you

 19:39:04 <brobostigon> :)

 19:39:16 <brobostigon> i am eating, so give me a shout.

 19:39:19 <daubers> Was the London one organised by Canonical again this time around?

 19:39:21 <AlanBell> so the London party is in a wine bar in Pall Mall

 19:39:30 <AlanBell> it is canonical organised, they sorted the venue

 19:39:57 <AlanBell> but we had some input into it and it should be a bit classier than before :-)

 19:40:08 <daubers> Excellent :)

 19:40:14 <AlanBell> not sure of the age limit

 19:40:48 <AlanBell> anyone under 21 and intending to go might want to give them a call and check first

 19:41:02 <funkyHat> If only I didn't have college the following morning, I might have caught the train down from Northampton

 19:41:14 <AlanBell> see you all tomorrow o/

 19:41:24 <daubers> Good good :)

 19:41:28 <daubers> So to Banbury

 19:41:30 <brobostigon> one sec.

 19:41:51 <daubers> action People attending the London launch part to enjoy themselves immensley

 19:41:58 <brobostigon> okies

 19:42:07 <Azelphur> ...or else?

 19:42:11 * BigRedS_ will do his best

 19:42:20 <daubers> brobostigon, over to you

 19:42:36 <brobostigon> saturday night, may 1st, olde reindeer inn, more social.

 19:42:48 <brobostigon> nothing to formal,

 19:42:57 <yamanickill_> daubers: aw...can the scottish launch party people not enjoy themselves?

 19:43:07 <daubers> yamanickill_: That was already actioned

 19:43:11 <brobostigon> also need to be of the right age, and dress responably smart/casual.

 19:43:21 <brobostigon> reasonably*

 19:43:33 <daubers> brobostigon: What's the age limit?

 19:43:33 <brobostigon> around 7:30pm start,

 19:43:40 <yamanickill_> daubers: ha, nothing about fun tho :-P

 19:43:44 <brobostigon> daubers: generally over 21.

 19:44:03 <daubers> Ok, and is there an event page?

 19:44:21 <brobostigon> daubers: on loco.ubuntu.com and onthe wiki. yes.

 19:44:39 <brobostigon> ido have the paghe infront of me,

 19:44:43 <brobostigon> dont*

 19:45:00 <daubers> ok, http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/

 19:45:11 <daubers> Looks to be the one

 19:45:16 <brobostigon> thats it.

 19:45:29 <daubers> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/120/detail/

 19:45:34 <daubers> Thank you Mr Bot

 19:45:43 <daubers> Ok, any other release parties?

 19:46:20 <daubers> action People attending Banbury release party to enjoy themselves

 19:46:26 <brobostigon> :)

 19:46:31 <Daviey> I have a bottle of port waiting for my personal release party :)

 19:46:38 <brobostigon> and good beer, :) as always,

 19:46:43 <daubers> Daviey: May I suggest some cheese with that?

 19:47:05 <Daviey> daubers: you may!

 19:47:08 <daubers> Ok :) Going back to AOB

 19:47:14 <daubers> [TOPIC] Any other Business

 19:47:36 <AlanBell> I just phoned the London venue, it is over 18

 19:47:39 <daubers> Anyone like to raise any issues?

 19:48:05 <dutchie> go to oggcamp!

 19:48:05 <brobostigon> generally over 18 is fine for banbury, aswell,

 19:48:20 <brobostigon> but over 21 is there as a rule for certain peole.

 19:48:41 <daubers> Okey dokey.

 19:48:54 <daubers> brobostigon: Can you drop a reminder to the -uk list too please?

 19:49:08 <daubers> for the banbury party

 19:49:14 <brobostigon> daubers: yes, :)

 19:49:16 <daubers> action

 19:49:33 <daubers> action brobostigon to send reminder to mailing list re: banbury release party

 19:49:43 <daubers> No more business?

 19:49:50 <brobostigon> not from here, no.

 19:50:14 <AlanBell> May 6th, don't forget to vote

 19:50:29 <daubers> Oh yes, everybody remember to vote on the 6th

 19:50:37 <brobostigon> :) always,

 19:50:40 <Azelphur> AlanBell: oh cool, is that when the election is?

 19:50:43 <daubers> Those who are eligable anyway

 19:51:04 <AlanBell> Azelphur: yes

 19:51:07 <Azelphur> i see

 19:51:19 <Azelphur> I registered at aboutmyvote.org but never received any papers yet

 19:51:38 <Azelphur> aboutmyvote.co.uk, rather

 19:51:47 <daubers> Ok, shall we organise the next meeting?

 19:51:47 <yamanickill_> ahh yes...the election

 19:51:53 <daubers> [TOPIC] Date of next meeting

 19:52:07 <yamanickill_> are we continuing on the 1st wed of each month?

 19:52:10 <yamanickill_> apart from today obv

 19:52:18 <AlanBell> I think so

 19:52:29 <yamanickill_> i'm happy with that. not so good with the last wed

 19:52:57 <daubers> Is it ok for me to organise an out of sequence meeting the following week to chase support guidelines? Or would people rather we have it run for 2 weeks

 19:53:07 <daubers> (though that would be 2 weeks)

 19:53:29 * AlanBell is confused

 19:53:42 * yamanickill_ is also confused

 19:53:46 <brobostigon> sothree insted of two?

 19:53:47 <daubers> The first wednesday of the month would be next week

 19:54:10 <AlanBell> ok, this meeting was brought forward a week to be in front of release and oggcamp

 19:54:18 <daubers> Ah, ok

 19:54:19 <brobostigon> true

 19:54:31 <AlanBell> the next meeting I was expecting would be July 7th

 19:54:35 <AlanBell> oops, no

 19:54:43 <AlanBell> June 2nd

 19:55:18 <AlanBell> so when do you want the support guidelines meeting?

 19:55:29 <brobostigon> as long as not, tuesday evening, i amhappy, i play chess tuesday evening.

 19:55:33 <daubers> I'd like to run that on the week containing the 14th

 19:56:05 <brobostigon> i am happy to go with everyone else on this one, i am very free.

 19:56:09 <daubers> Which lets it run for 2 weeks

 19:56:29 <AlanBell> UDS is the week containing the 14th

 19:56:35 <daubers> Ah, ok, so the following week

 19:56:47 <AlanBell> sounds good

 19:56:48 <yamanickill_> is there internet at uds? :-P

 19:56:59 <brobostigon> sounds fine here.

 19:57:19 <daubers> action Daubers to organise support meeting on the 19th of April

 19:57:39 <brobostigon> i am hppy.

 19:57:48 <daubers> Can we have a chair for the meeting on the 7th of July? (as that is a general meeting)

 19:58:10 <brobostigon> count me out, my internet is not reliable right now, consistently.

 19:58:14 <Yorvyk> April ??

 19:58:24 <AlanBell> danfish for chair?

 19:58:37 <daubers> sorry :( I'll correct that in the minutes, I meant may

 19:58:38 <yamanickill_> june...not july

 19:58:42 <daubers> and june

 19:58:47 <daubers> I'm rubbish at this!

 19:58:55 <yamanickill_> :-P

 19:59:06 <daubers> danfish: Would you like to volunteer?

 19:59:22 <daubers> or yamanickill_ ?

 19:59:32 <Yorvyk> 19 may is a tuesday

 19:59:56 <daubers> Yorvyk: It's a wednesday according to my calender

 20:00:20 <Daviey> We can leave it without a chair, and get a volunteer prior to the start of the next

 20:00:23 <Yorvyk> OK wring Year

 20:00:25 <yamanickill_> i'll go for it if someone tells me what to do. i've no iea what to do. this is the 2nd of june, yeah?

 20:00:53 <daubers> yamanickill_: 7th of june :)

 20:01:04 <daubers> according to AlanBell

 20:01:09 <danfish> yep, I'll voluteer - flattered!

 20:01:22 <yamanickill_> 7th is a friday...that was the july one wasn't it?

 20:01:31 <yamanickill_> wow this is confusing just now

 20:01:37 <daubers> yamanickill_: 7th is a monday

 20:01:38 <AlanBell> 2nd of June!

 20:01:42 <daubers> ok

 20:01:58 <daubers> Next meeting: 2nd of June

 20:02:08 <daubers> danfish or yamanickill_: Who'd like to do it?

 20:02:38 <yamanickill_> danfish: you go for it

 20:02:49 <yamanickill_> i'll take it some other time

 20:02:51 <daubers> [TOPIC] Next meeting 2nd of June danfish to chair

 20:03:00 <daubers> #endmeeting
 18:57:48 <AlanBell> #endmeeting

Meeting started by AlanBell at 18:52:45 UTC. The full logs are available at http://mootbot.libertus.co.uk/ubuntu-br-meeting/2010/ubuntu-br-meeting.2010-09-02-18.52.log.html .

Meeting summary

Meeting ended at 18:57:48 UTC.

Votes

Action items

  • (none)

People present (lines said)

  • AlanBell (21)

  • meetingology (14)
  • easter_egg (11)

Full Log

  • 18:52:45 <AlanBell> #startmeeting

    18:52:45 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Sep 2 18:52:45 2010 UTC. The chair is AlanBell. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell.

    18:52:45 <meetingology> updated

    18:52:45 <meetingology> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.

    18:52:45 <meetingology> updated

    18:52:54 <AlanBell> hola

    18:52:59 <easter_egg> very thank you

    18:53:07 <AlanBell> [topic] this is a topic

    18:53:07 <meetingology> TOPIC: this is a topic

    18:53:15 <easter_egg> AlanBell, all the commands are the same =]

    18:53:18 <AlanBell> #topic this is a topic too

    18:53:18 <meetingology> TOPIC: this is a topic too

    18:53:30 <AlanBell> you can use # for every command now

    18:53:40 <AlanBell> #chairs easter_egg AlanBell

    18:53:57 <AlanBell> #chair easter_egg AlanBell

    18:53:57 <meetingology> Current chairs: AlanBell easter_egg

    18:54:04 <easter_egg> hmm

    18:54:06 <AlanBell> now you are a chair too

    18:54:13 <AlanBell> #voters

    18:54:13 <meetingology> Current voters:

    18:54:25 <AlanBell> #voters easter_egg

    18:54:25 <meetingology> Current voters: easter_egg

    18:54:36 <easter_egg> #vote this

    18:54:36 <meetingology> Vote on: this

    18:54:36 <meetingology> Please vote by saying +1, 0 or -1 in channel (or in a private message to me - feature not ready yet)

    18:54:40 <easter_egg> +1

    18:54:40 <meetingology> +1 received from easter_egg

    18:54:42 <AlanBell> +1

    18:54:51 <AlanBell> doesn't listen to me, I am not a voter!

    18:54:57 <AlanBell> #voters everyone

    18:54:57 <meetingology> Everyone can now vote

    18:55:00 <AlanBell> +1

    18:55:00 <meetingology> +1 received from AlanBell

    18:55:06 <easter_egg> hmmm

    18:55:26 <easter_egg> this is not exists in the mootbot

    18:55:33 <AlanBell> nope, new features

    18:55:56 <easter_egg> i like it

    18:56:03 <easter_egg> you have your source on launchpad?

    18:56:07 <AlanBell> #progress report foo

    18:56:33 <AlanBell> not just yet, but it will be going on Launchpad soon

    18:56:38 <AlanBell> it is python

    18:57:00 <AlanBell> mootbot is TCL in an eggdrop bot, this is a rewrite in python as a supybot plugin

    18:57:01 <easter_egg> AlanBell, this is very good. If you like some help to translate the bot with rosetta

    18:57:23 <AlanBell> I would love it translated, I don't really know how that works at all

    18:57:34 <easter_egg> AlanBell, I'm working in a bot using supybot too

    18:57:48 <AlanBell> #endmeeting

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell)

AlanBell/mootbot (last edited 2011-08-15 20:35:31 by alanbell)