mootbot

Differences between revisions 9 and 11 (spanning 2 versions)
Revision 9 as of 2010-02-15 11:33:25
Size: 1751
Editor: alanbell
Comment:
Revision 11 as of 2010-02-15 16:01:36
Size: 5620
Editor: alanbell
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 2: Line 2:
= Meeting opened by AlanBell at 11:32 =
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [topic] AlanBell talk about mootbot
= Meeting opened by AlanBell at 15:44 =
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [topic] talk about etherpad
Line 5: Line 5:
==  AlanBell talk about mootbot ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> mootbot is great
== talk about etherpad ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> so we use etherpad for getting documents started mainly
Line 8: Line 8:
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> but we can make it better  <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> that is a great idea
Line 10: Line 10:
 * '''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>''' is giving it moin output  * '''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>''' has not used etherpad
Line 12: Line 12:
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [topic] actions from last meeting  <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [link] http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org
Line 14: Line 14:
== actions from last meeting ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [Progress report] AlanBell to talk to Daviey about hosting mootbot
||<#FF5555>'' http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org''||
Line 17: Line 16:
=== AlanBell to talk to Daviey about hosting mootbot ===
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> done! woot!
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> _marx_, it's awesome
Line 20: Line 18:
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [vote] use mootbot for meetings  <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> we used it here to draft some new meeting guidelines http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/oAOozkiuN8
Line 22: Line 20:
||<#55FF55>''Motion: use mootbot for meetings''||  <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> AlanBell: does mootbot still have an hour time shift

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> which kind of falls into the same "make meetings more awesome" project that the mootbot code does

||<#FF5555>'' http://mootbot.ubuntu-uk.org/mootbot.moin.20100215_1544.txt <- live logging of this meeting''||

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> http://mootbot.ubuntu-uk.org/mootbot.moin.20100215_1544.txt <- live logging of this meeting

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> = Meeting opened by AlanBell at 15:44 =

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> which is right, from my point of view

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [topic] moin syntax

== moin syntax ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yep it's the right time

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> so what did you think of the layout I am using?

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> i wanted to see how it looks

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> AlanBell, do you have the wiki for your agenda

 * '''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>''' still learning moin syntax

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> it is really quite easy to change it

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeamMeetingAgenda

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> so the agenda is a hierachical set of topics

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> AlanBell, so you include the Mootbot commands on the agenda.. that's interesting

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> and we are not scared of putting mootbot syntax commands right there in the agenda

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> copy and paste ftw

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yep

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> and giving the chair more time to think about chair things

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I like it - and people can learn the commands with realizing they are even learning

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> good point

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> and using mootbot doesn't become so scary

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> it also allows more text to be prepared for a topic

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yep I can see many uses for doing it that way

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> and something I think could be good in several channels is having the text of a vote being prepared in advance

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> _marx_, handles the NC meetings

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> AlanBell, :-) yep I have to agree

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [vote] use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting

||<#55FF55>''Motion: use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting''||
Line 24: Line 81:

 * '''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>''' needs to move to a different computer

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> +1

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> where is akgraner's vote?

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> oh akgraner do a private vote

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> /msg Mootbot-UK +1

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> sorry I had a call
Line 27: Line 96:
||<#55FF55>Results: 1 in favour, 0 against, 0 abstained.||
||<#55FF55>Overall: 1||
||<#55FF55>Motion Carried: use mootbot for meetings||
||<#55FF55>Motion Denied: use mootbot for meetings||
||<#55FF55>Results: 3 in favour, 0 against, 0 abstained.||
||<#55FF55>Overall: 3||
||<#55FF55>Motion Carried: use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting||
||<#55FF55>Motion Denied: use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting||
Line 32: Line 101:
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [topic] AOB  <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> ah, bug in the output right now, already fixed but not in the version on the server
Line 34: Line 103:
== AOB ==
<'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> no other business considered important
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> ok, I think that has covered most things
Line 37: Line 105:
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [action] Alan Bell to talk about important stuff next time  <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [agreed] yes it has
Line 39: Line 107:
||<#FF5555>'' Alan Bell to talk about important stuff next time''|| ||<#FF5555>'' yes it has''||

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yep thanks :-)

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [action] AlanBell to poke daviey to get the bot in -nc

||<#FF5555>'' AlanBell to poke daviey to get the bot in -nc''||

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> who is chairing your meeting tomorrow?

 * '''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>''' is

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [action] _marx_ to chair the -nc meeting

||<#FF5555>'' _marx_ to chair the -nc meeting''||

 * '''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>''' looks at the source to see if there are any unused commands

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> _marx_, what do you think?

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [idea] think about layout changes that might help

||<#FF5555>'' think about layout changes that might help''||

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [progress report] mootbot progress

=== mootbot progress ===
 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> good progress seen to date

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> some bugs remaining to fix

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> [endmeeting]

 <'''<<Verbatim(AlanBell)>>'''> oops
Line 44: Line 145:
= Meeting closed at 11:33 = = Meeting closed at 16:00 =
Line 48: Line 149:
 * akgraner

 * _marx_
Line 49: Line 154:
 * Alan Bell to talk about important stuff next time  * AlanBell to poke daviey to get the bot in -nc

 * _marx_ to chair the -nc meeting

Meeting opened by AlanBell at 15:44

  • <AlanBell> [topic] talk about etherpad

talk about etherpad

  • <AlanBell> so we use etherpad for getting documents started mainly

    <akgraner> that is a great idea

  • _marx_ has not used etherpad

    <AlanBell> [link] http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org

  • <akgraner> _marx_, it's awesome

    <AlanBell> we used it here to draft some new meeting guidelines http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/oAOozkiuN8

    <_marx_> AlanBell: does mootbot still have an hour time shift

    <AlanBell> which kind of falls into the same "make meetings more awesome" project that the mootbot code does

moin syntax

  • <akgraner> yep it's the right time

    <AlanBell> so what did you think of the layout I am using?

    <_marx_> i wanted to see how it looks

    <akgraner> AlanBell, do you have the wiki for your agenda

  • _marx_ still learning moin syntax

    <AlanBell> it is really quite easy to change it

    <AlanBell> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeamMeetingAgenda

    <AlanBell> so the agenda is a hierachical set of topics

    <akgraner> AlanBell, so you include the Mootbot commands on the agenda.. that's interesting

    <AlanBell> and we are not scared of putting mootbot syntax commands right there in the agenda

    <AlanBell> copy and paste ftw

    <akgraner> yep

    <AlanBell> and giving the chair more time to think about chair things

    <akgraner> I like it - and people can learn the commands with realizing they are even learning

    <AlanBell> good point

    <akgraner> and using mootbot doesn't become so scary

    <AlanBell> it also allows more text to be prepared for a topic

    <akgraner> yep I can see many uses for doing it that way

    <AlanBell> and something I think could be good in several channels is having the text of a vote being prepared in advance

    <akgraner> _marx_, handles the NC meetings

    <akgraner> AlanBell, Smile :-) yep I have to agree

    <AlanBell> [vote] use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting

Motion: use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting

  • <AlanBell> +1

  • _marx_ needs to move to a different computer

    <_marx_> +1

    <AlanBell> where is akgraner's vote?

    <AlanBell> oh akgraner do a private vote

    <AlanBell> /msg Mootbot-UK +1

    <akgraner> sorry I had a call

    <AlanBell> [endvote]

Results: 3 in favour, 0 against, 0 abstained.

Overall: 3

Motion Carried: use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting

Motion Denied: use mootbot in tomorrows -nc meeting

Deadlock. If someone has a casting vote now is the time to use it

  • <AlanBell> ah, bug in the output right now, already fixed but not in the version on the server

    <AlanBell> ok, I think that has covered most things

    <AlanBell> [agreed] yes it has

yes it has

  • <akgraner> yep thanks Smile :-)

    <AlanBell> [action] AlanBell to poke daviey to get the bot in -nc

AlanBell to poke daviey to get the bot in -nc

  • <AlanBell> who is chairing your meeting tomorrow?

  • _marx_ is

    <AlanBell> [action] _marx_ to chair the -nc meeting

_marx_ to chair the -nc meeting

  • AlanBell looks at the source to see if there are any unused commands

    <akgraner> _marx_, what do you think?

    <AlanBell> [idea] think about layout changes that might help

think about layout changes that might help

  • <AlanBell> [progress report] mootbot progress

mootbot progress

  • <AlanBell> good progress seen to date

    <AlanBell> some bugs remaining to fix

    <AlanBell> [endmeeting]

    <AlanBell> oops

    <AlanBell> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 16:00

People Present

Actions Recorded

  • AlanBell to poke daviey to get the bot in -nc

  • _marx_ to chair the -nc meeting

AlanBell/mootbot (last edited 2011-08-15 20:35:31 by alanbell)