Meeting opened by _marx_ at 00:00
<_marx_> take 34
<_marx_> Meeting started who all is here for the meeting?
<marco_polo> fake out
<_marx_> BugeyeD: ping
_marx_ usually lets this go for 5 mikes
<BugeyeD> just put the youngest down a bit early in hopes of making it all the way through this meeting
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Review the leadership wiki
[00:12:23] Review the leadership wiki
<_marx_> has everyone seen the revisions to council?
<BugeyeD> whoah, magedragon25 is here!
<_marx_> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/council
<magedragon25> been for a minute or two
<BugeyeD> i'm still having issues with my lp/wiki account, so don't know when pages change ...
<_marx_> BugeyeD: can you view that page?
<BugeyeD> i can view the councel page, yes. sorry. thought i had responded to that question. i reckon mage through me off.
<_marx_> hi Italian_Plumber
<magedragon25> huh? sorry...
<_marx_> has everyone read https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/council
<internalkernel> yep... looks good
<BugeyeD> er, yes
<BugeyeD> anything in particular you're hoping to hear?
<_marx_> [vote] approve changes and create /Council page
Motion: approve changes and create /Council page
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Ubuntu Advocacy
Results: 3 in favour, 0 against, 1 abstained.
Motion Carried: approve changes and create /Council page
<_marx_> anything to report here people?
BugeyeD dabbled in advocacy a bit today by talking to a few "everyday joes" about free desktops
<BugeyeD> despite being "online" and "on facebook" where plenty of information abounds,
<magedragon25> anyone that I can bring up the sunject with, I do....most of the time it's fellow students
<akgraner> I've been asked to have a booth at the goat festival in Spindale, NC (that's all I know at the moment)
<BugeyeD> none of the joes had a clue their pc didn't have to run windows. this discussion started after one complained about a virus and the others started nodding their heads.
<_marx_> well advocacy at the goat festival
<BugeyeD> akgraner: was that a misspelling?
<internalkernel> I finished creating the interface for a Loom, which was based off ubuntu
<internalkernel> its going to be part of the standard production of these machines now
<akgraner> nope - goat festival
<BugeyeD> internalkernel: as in weaving?
<internalkernel> touch screen interface, no keyboard...
<internalkernel> yeah, an automated loom
<internalkernel> I believe it's a dobby loom at this point
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Upcoming opportunities
<BugeyeD> apparently we have the opportunity to convert a few goats
<BugeyeD> or at least enlighten them
<_marx_> we have a release party location booked for pti
<BugeyeD> woo! where?
<_marx_> BugeyeD: 4-29 at Foothills
<akgraner> internalkernel, holstein I think we should have one at Firestorm
<internalkernel> sounds good to me
<internalkernel> ill probably be out of town though...
<nameiner> alinuxfan and JFo and I talked about Raleigh release party last night
<magedragon25> marx:what time at Foothils?
<BugeyeD> _marx_ +1
<_marx_> rdu area right nameiner
<nameiner> correct _marx_
<BugeyeD> i'd really like to be where jfo talked about, the saucer i think. will have to find a reason (ubuntu hour?) to go there soon
<_marx_> magedragon25: i think 7 but i should check
<BugeyeD> magedragon25: you can bring the disco ball.
<_marx_> jam days folks
<nameiner> yes, we decided on the Flying Saucer
<akgraner> nameiner, the Saucer rocks!
<nameiner> I know akgraner
<_marx_> so we have release day parties covered
<BugeyeD> i'll participate in a jam day if at all possible. what are the dates? isn't it a string of three days?
<_marx_> late march
<magedragon25> I think we still need a place for jam days
<_marx_> magedragon25: yes for us in pti area
<magedragon25> anyone ask at foothills or krankies?
<BugeyeD> the one in carrboro (thanks bac) worked out great, but it was a bit far for me
<akgraner> I am sure we'll do something in WNC..
<_marx_> global jam things need to get firmed up pretty quick
<BugeyeD> krankies might work for pti, but i'm not sure about foothills. unless we can have a room there, and i don't even know if they have wifi.
<BugeyeD> wifi is a necessity, and i don't have a mifi.
<_marx_> family friendly
<magedragon25> I've seen a room the one time I went to foothills, and I hear thay have wifi....but how big of a room do we need
<BugeyeD> i've been in rooms at foothills (one up and one down) and they are plenty big unless you have over say 20 people.
<_marx_> magedragon25: i've reserved the room at street level to the right
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Team Approval
<BugeyeD> i approve of this team
<BugeyeD> i'm not aware of any headway being made in the approval process, just that we're trying to more or less get stuff ready to start the process
<BugeyeD> akgraner would likely know more, as she has contact with some of those types of folks that might actually do the approving ...
<_marx_> current sandbox
<akgraner> BugeyeD, we can get a couple people to look at the sandbox _marx_ is referring to..
<akgraner> we need to include some pics from some of the events.. I'll link a few blog posts from some the events to it
<nameiner> I have pics from the last release party
<BugeyeD> i've been to several ubuntu days and completely forgot about taking pictures.
<BugeyeD> i've tried to document them, though.
<BugeyeD> i'll try to work on wiki format this weekend.
<akgraner> so any events any of us have written/documented we need to put links on the approval wiki
<BugeyeD> okay, where's the approval page?
<BugeyeD> is that the roadmap page?
<BugeyeD> i created sandbox so that i could mess with formatting without screwing up any of the official pages. has that become the approval page?
<akgraner> _marx_, can you just rename sandbox to something like NCApprovalPage
<_marx_> BugeyeD: no
<akgraner> or just create it..
<magedragon25> sorry....didn't realize my hour ran out...had to change my mac
<_marx_> okay we're at the new goal of one hour
<BugeyeD> magedragon25: heh. you at krankies?
<BugeyeD> awesome. may meet you there next time.
<magedragon25> what did i misss
<_marx_> [agreed] to new council definitions
to new council definitions
<_marx_> at one hour I'm closing the meeting
Meeting closed at 01:01