Ideas for new Apport symptoms
Window decorations/animations and workspace management
- metacity vs. compiz vs. mutter
followup questions about 3D support -> driver issue?
- distinguish linux, bluetooth and bluez-* packages
The symptom could ask which codec the user is trying to open, like quicktime for example. Or, the perhaps a file could be given as argument and the magic number used to determine this information automatically.
After that, the totem package hook for this case should call the symptom instead of just assigning everything to "gstreamer".
- many bugs about Flash are reported against "ubuntu".
- check which flash package you have installed (proprietary/swfdec/gnash)
- linux vs. lirc?
- Needs more technical expertise for fleshing this out
NetworkManager vs. drivers vs wpasupplicant vs. ndiswrapper
- touchpads (synaptic), tablets (wacom), touchscreen (xorg), mice, keyboards, multimedia buttons (udev)
- packages specific to Brother, HP (hplip)
- filters (ghostscript, foomatic)
- scheduler (cups)
- linux (driver) vs. UI (cheese/totem/empathy)