Sunday March 29 2015
Welcome to the Arizona LoCo Team Installfest planning page for the Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 release. The link below shows general guidelines and suggestions from Ubuntu on running this type of event.
Ubuntu Guidelines for Installfests: Ubuntu Installfests
- This is to be an event at the University of Arizona Campus. This will be a co-hosted event with the Computer Science Dept. at the University. They have recently made the switch to running Ubuntu only on their servers.
- Initial plans are to have the Installfests August 29th.
- Advertising should be of importance if we want to have a successful event. Local radio, colleges, libraries, newspapers, coffee shops, etc. should be informed and/or small window posters distributed too.
- Install Disks (Default and Alternate)
Power Strips & Extension Cords
Leaflets to pass out about our LoCo
- Signs, banners, and/or posters
- Some kind of cart to help people bring in the boxes
- GPG Key-signing materials(if we so decide)
University of Arizona - Tucson
Date: August 29th, 2009
Time: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
University of Arizona Gould-Simpson Building
9th Floor Atrium 4th Street
Map to location: http://tinyurl.com/pr75md
Great event. I think we've finally gotten our place at the University for having these kinds of events. The turn out was pretty good with: 6 team members, 2 tfug members, 10 installs, and several walkins that were interested in Ubuntu, our team, and what was going on. Several of the people we did installs for visit our IRC channel almost immediately after return home that night. I noticed that several of the people we did installs for hung around most of the day to learn more about Ubuntu and our team. We did several dual boot, several VMware installs, and even a parallel install on a mac.