08June22

Differences between revisions 1 and 2
Revision 1 as of 2008-06-23 06:03:30
Size: 9688
Editor: ip98-165-20-5
Comment:
Revision 2 as of 2008-06-23 06:12:14
Size: 9687
Editor: ip98-165-20-5
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 15: Line 15:
 {{{ }}}[Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:02:54] * johnc4510 says it's time is everyone ready?  {{{[Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:02:54] * johnc4510 says it's time is everyone ready?
Line 134: Line 134:
[Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:33:10] <johnc4510> ok, meeting adjourned then [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:33:10] <johnc4510> ok, meeting adjourned then}}}

Include(ArizonaTeam/SubPageHeader)

If you have additions to the Agenda, please post them here after confirming with JohnCrawford or [:CraigAEddy]

Agenda

  1. Introductions
  2. Announcements
  3. TBA
  4. TBA
  5. TBA
  6. Agenda for next week

Log

  • {{{[Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:02:54] * johnc4510 says it's time is everyone ready?

[Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:03:10] <tyche> +1 [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:03:20] <Wolf_45> +1 [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:03:36] <johnc4510> is that it? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:03:41] <johnc4510> :/ [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:04:04] <Wolf_45> But, but, but..........it's ME! [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:04:11] <johnc4510> lol [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:04:13] <tyche> ROFL [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:04:25] <johnc4510> and we love you but... [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:04:28] <johnc4510> Sad :( [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:05:09] <johnc4510> ok, we can go over a couple of things then [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:05:40] <Wolf_45> I need new glasses.....thought you said something else, john. Smile :-) [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:05:55] <tyche> Wolf_45: TMI [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:05:59] <johnc4510> wed night we may be on radio in phoenix [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:06:25] <johnc4510> LuftHans: do you know the time and station #? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:06:33] <Wolf_45> woot! [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:06:39] <LuftHans> the broadcast will be Sunday [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:06:46] <johnc4510> ah, ok [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:06:50] <johnc4510> so it's canned [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:06:52] <johnc4510> np [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:02] <LuftHans> http://www.GutsyGeeks.com/ [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:09] <johnc4510> thx [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:09] <LuftHans> pre-recorded, not canned [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:19] <johnc4510> lol ok [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:28] <tyche> canned [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:47] <tyche> It's a technical term, used by people in the business [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:07:54] <johnc4510> i'll send a email to our team list if it comes off with the details [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:08:17] <LuftHans> tyche: use to indicate 3rd party content to be re-used [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:08:43] <tyche> Used for something that's been recorded. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:08:43] <johnc4510> it will probably cover our team getting approved, and anything else i can cram in that the host agrees to [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:08:46] <johnc4510> Smile :) [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:08:47] <LuftHans> Gutsy Geeks is pre-recording the shows, not taking generic sources and inserting themselves [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:09:13] <johnc4510> ok, open source conference [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:09:32] <Wolf_45> I thought they were doing it in case of a wardrobe malfunction. Can we get it online? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:09:55] <LuftHans> Wolf_45: available online in ogg and some proprietary format as well [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:09:59] <johnc4510> Wolf_45: visit the link LuftHans gave above and see [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:10:08] <johnc4510> cool [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:10:44] <johnc4510> LuftHans: how do you want to handle subscribing the lug contacts to the new mail list? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:10:59] <azteech> evening arizona ..... sorry I'm late .. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:11:04] <johnc4510> azteech: hi [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:11:11] <Wolf_45> Cool, thx LuftHans [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:11:19] <LuftHans> johnc4510: invite them to join [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:11:30] <johnc4510> kk [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:11:53] <johnc4510> i haven't had much time this wk to do work on the conference [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:12:00] <johnc4510> you have anything LuftHans [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:12:01] <johnc4510> ? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:12:06] * LuftHans has invited some people who would be useful in organizing the conference, several of whom represent different groups [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:12:19] <tyche> Cool [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:12:43] <johnc4510> should we know which groups so we don't cross up each other? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:12:46] <LuftHans> I've been making personal notes on some tracks ideas and some speakers and other random stuff [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:13:05] <LuftHans> johnc4510: if we both invite a group that's not too bad [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:13:12] <johnc4510> kk [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:13:27] <johnc4510> mine will mostly be tucson and green valley [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:13:35] <LuftHans> we'll need to come up with a documentation repository at some point, but for now let's worry about getting underway [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:13:41] <johnc4510> but tyche might hit some of the phoenix groups [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:13:51] <johnc4510> kk [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:14:18] <LuftHans> BTW, Dennis K reminded me about Software Freedom Day, http://softwarefreedomday.org/ [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:14:33] <johnc4510> kk [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:14:43] <johnc4510> when is that this yr [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:14:50] <LuftHans> Sept 20 seems like a doable date for the conf... [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:15:08] <johnc4510> combine the two? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:15:18] <LuftHans> not saying we have to get the events to coincide, but that's definitely worth thinking about [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:15:29] <johnc4510> yep [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:15:47] <LuftHans> even if we move future events to another date it would be a good day for the initial event [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:16:36] <azteech> why not just think of making some workshops, as part of the event .. and make it one of them? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:16:45] <johnc4510> k, that doesn't give us much time [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:17:16] <LuftHans> azteech: yeah, lots of options, we need to start evaluating them and making plans Smile :) [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:17:23] <LuftHans> johnc4510: yup [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:17:37] <johnc4510> azteech: yeah, we'll look at that [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:17:39] <johnc4510> Smile :) [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:18:16] <johnc4510> ok, i'll get on the ball this wk and get with the tucson and green valley people [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:18:25] <johnc4510> get that rolling on the mail list [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:02] <johnc4510> once we get a few subscribed, we need to start using it as quick as possible [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:06] <johnc4510> ? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:27] <johnc4510> about 12 wks left [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:27] <azteech> mailing list? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:52] <LuftHans> I figure we'll start organizing after tonight's mtg [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:54] <johnc4510> azteech: it's a mail list for the conference comittee [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:59] <azteech> we have another one, besides the group list? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:19:59] <johnc4510> kk [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:20:05] <johnc4510> azteech: it [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:20:10] <azteech> ah, okay [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:20:17] <johnc4510> it's not one you need to worry about right now [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:20:30] <johnc4510> i'll relay info as we go along [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:20:32] <azteech> agreed .. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:20:39] <johnc4510> kk [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:21:02] <johnc4510> LuftHans: great [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:21:28] <johnc4510> ok, anything else on the conference for now? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:22:42] <johnc4510> k thx hans, i'll be around later [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:22:49] <johnc4510> ok [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:23:00] <johnc4510> the ubuntu web site we are working on [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:23:21] <johnc4510> tyche and i found a theme we really like [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:23:50] <johnc4510> http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24/johnc4510/?action=view&current=Aurora.png [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:23:53] <johnc4510> http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24/johnc4510/?action=view&current=Events.png [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:24:02] <johnc4510> couple of screenshots [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:24:52] <johnc4510> let's hear what you think? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:25:39] <azteech> will let you know after I get them to come up .. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:25:47] <johnc4510> k [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:26:14] <johnc4510> Wolf_45: you still here? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:27:55] <LuftHans> johnc4510: I like it [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:28:05] <johnc4510> LuftHans: thx [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:28:10] * LuftHans hopes it's not fixed width [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:28:11] <johnc4510> its different [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:28:22] <johnc4510> i think it is [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:28:30] <johnc4510> i'll have to check though [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:28:41] <tyche> I don't. It fills your screen, and you've got a wide screen [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:29:00] <tyche> If it were fixed width, there'd only be a narrow little thing down the middle. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:29:02] <johnc4510> ? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:29:24] <azteech> still trying to get them come come down .. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:29:30] <johnc4510> hee hee [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:29:38] <Wolf_45> Still here - waiting for it to load Sad :-( [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:29:39] <tyche> See my blog site for what fixed width would look like. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:30:26] <johnc4510-laptop> right it's narrow [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:30:28] <johnc4510-laptop> i remember [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:32:21] <azteech> arggggggggg ... hate sharing dial-up ..... g/f had download going same time .. [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:32:32] <azteech> will let you know after meeting [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:33:00] <johnc4510> kk, i'm going to finish up then. you guys can comment on it to me later [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:33:00] <johnc4510> k [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:33:01] <johnc4510> ? [Sun Jun 22 2008] [21:33:10] <johnc4510> ok, meeting adjourned then}}}


Parent pages: ["ArizonaTeam/Meetings"] ["ArizonaTeam"]


CategoryArizonaTeam

ArizonaTeam/Meetings/08June22 (last edited 2008-08-06 17:00:55 by localhost)