Sunday 21 August 2022
Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter, Issue #73 for the week November 24, November 30.
- Arizona Loco Newsletter
- Seventieth Edition
- Powered by Ubuntu
- Wednesday-December 3, 2008
Arizona Loco Team Wiki: ["ArizonaTeam"]
- Next meeting: Sunday December 7, 2008 9:00PM
- Server: Freenode: IRC Channel #ubuntu-arizona
Summary of the November 30, 2008 meeting
johnc4510 called the meeting to order at 9:02 PM
johnc4510 then began an informal meeting:
- First off, thanks to all for your patience. I've been overwhelmed lately. Sorry, but family first. Mom's doing better, but she has a bit to go yet.
The team then began a discussion of what to do about the install fest. A number of suggestions were made, and questions raised. It was determined that there will be no point release for Intrepid Ibex (see http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/15141). One suggestion was that we still have 8.04 disks available, and that we should offer those. It was decided that we would shoot for January 17, 2009, as a date for the install fest. johnc4510 will be getting hold of ASU and U of A about holding the install fest at their facilities.
LuftHans then added announcements:
- There are no developer meetings for December and January, so no meeting this Thursday.
A week from Thursday is our annual end of year party, we suggest bringing friends and family. More info will be up at http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/.
- The Hackfest will be the following Saturday, but is completely online this month. Next month's Hackfest should be a good guest speaker, but I don't know if it's all been confirmed.
- There will still be Stammtische on both sides of town in December.
- There will be no west side meeting and the normal Installfest will not take place.
- Those interested in planning the next ABLEconf should please join its discussion list as there will be a call for local committee this week.
LuftHans then thanked the team for encouraging cross-group participation.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 PM.