converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|* Arizona Loco Team Wiki: ["ArizonaTeam"]||* Arizona Loco Team Wiki: [[ArizonaTeam]]|
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
|The last order of business was just informational. johnc4510 found some wallpaper made by the Colorado Lo``Co. There are several at this site, he prefers the 2nd one. (http://www.hilltopyodeler.com/wallpaper.php) The one he likes is [http://www.hilltopyodeler.com/images/wallpapers/coloco-nw-1024x768.png Colorado Wallpaper]||The last order of business was just informational. johnc4510 found some wallpaper made by the Colorado Lo``Co. There are several at this site, he prefers the 2nd one. (http://www.hilltopyodeler.com/wallpaper.php) The one he likes is [[http://www.hilltopyodeler.com/images/wallpapers/coloco-nw-1024x768.png|Colorado Wallpaper]]|
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
|'''Parent pages:''' ["ArizonaTeam"] ["ArizonaTeam"]||'''Parent pages:''' [[ArizonaTeam]] [[ArizonaTeam]]|
Sunday 21 August 2022
Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter, Issue #57 for the week July 21, July 27, 2008.
- Arizona Loco Newsletter
- Fifty Seventh Edition
- Powered by Ubuntu
- Wednesday-July 30, 2008
Arizona Loco Team Wiki: ArizonaTeam
- Next meeting: Sunday August 3, 2008 9:00PM
- Server: Freenode: IRC Channel #ubuntu-arizona
Greetings team! With the open source conference coming up shortly, we need to think about our team booth/table at the conference. We have all the CDs we need, so nobody will have to burn any. We will need a few laptops/desktop machines to demo Ubuntu/Kubuntu etc. Also needed will be a simple flyer listing the team resources. i.e. wiki page, mailing list, IRC channel, etc. This listing should also include the main Ubuntu Forums address. We will also of course need volunteers to staff the booth/table during the conference. Discussion of these ideas, and any you might have will take place this Sunday at 9:00 PM at our team meeting in IRC channel #ubuntu-us-az irc.freenode.net See you there.
Summary of the July 27, 2008 meeting
johnc4510 called the meeting to order at 9:01 PM
johnc4510 started with the following announcements:
1. Intrepid Alpha 3 released - Intrepid Alpha 3 released [Sun Jul 27 2008] [21:01:55] <johnc4510-laptop> The Alpha images are known to be reasonably free of show stopper CD build or installer bugs, but are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable system.
2. Launchpad Bug Tracker developer, Landscape - Canonical’s remote management tool for Ubuntu machines, and Launchpad’s community support application - Answers. [Sun Jul 27 2008] [21:03:05] <johnc4510-laptop> http://news.launchpad.net/podcast/launchpod-episode-8-developer-interview-with-curtis-hovey-and-chat-about-landscape
3. Full Circle Magazine - Issue #15
- Command and Conquer - The Ins and Outs of Directories.
- How-To : Separate Home Partition, Create Your Own Server Part 7, Using GIMP Part 4 and GRUB 101.
My Story - Ubuntu Saves The Day & From Mickey's ABC To Kubuntu
- Review - HP Photosmart C3180 Printer
- MOTU Interview - Mathias Gug
Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop, Top5 and more!
4. MOTU school session: Maintainer Scripts - This is a beginners session in maintainer scripts to be held on the 28th July at 14:00 UTC, in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.ubuntu.com. This will be a great session for anyone starting out with packaging, or anyone looking for a refresher on this topic. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-July/004252.html
5. Gutsy Geeks Radio Show - Don't forget the Gutsy Geeks radio show from Phoenix. Tune in a check it out here: http://www.gutsygeeks.com/audio/
6. Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #101 - [ed note: This issue is filled with a lot of community news of which one might otherwise might not be aware. Also, links to outside references to Ubuntu - what other people think of us.] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue101
xHans added announcements for PLUG:
We need to fill the OpenOffice.org class at MCC. I found out the non-maricopa county price is likely the same as out of state. But, it should only be about $75 difference for part-time students. We really, really need to fill that class. http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/BPC110.html
- No PLUG events this week.
- Free Software Conference at UAT, 2008Sep20.
There will be a monthly GNU/Linux security lab starting 2008Sep13. There will also be a shell scripting class and a GNU/Linux intro class at MCC. http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/
johnc4510 then began discussing the possibility of using a Google calendar for all the LUGS, SIGs, and etc. to use for event information. He felt that it might encourage group interaction. xHans agreed that we need some sort of event clearing house calendar. tyche mentioned that johnc4510-laptop and he have been playing with connecting it up to Thunderbird, through Lightning. It works well.
The next order of business was the Open Source Conference, September 20-21, 2008. xHans reported that he thinks it's being set up for one day, now. The next topics for the conference are getting out calls for participation. There are several required tasks first. For instance, we need to have a couple of people ready to evaluate proposed talks. johnc4510 asked if we have ideas for talks should we submit to the mailing list for everyone to discuss, or have you got a list already? xHans said that he has a list he created at some point, but that can definitely have more people brainstorming. Also, we don't have to have a keynote speaker and need to see if we even really have room for one. He suggested we come up with a list of 2 or 3 people we'd like to have and contact them. We want people who'll draw a crowd. If we don't get them, we'll skip it this time around and concentrate on other areas. Those interested in helping put on the conference should join the list and start participating. To subscribe to the open conference mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org. All team members are encouraged to subscribe, and join in on the discussions. xHans added that joining is committing to help work on the project. johnc4510 added that this open source conference will include freedom software day since it's at the same time world wide.
The last order of business was just informational. johnc4510 found some wallpaper made by the Colorado LoCo. There are several at this site, he prefers the 2nd one. (http://www.hilltopyodeler.com/wallpaper.php) The one he likes is Colorado Wallpaper
The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 PM.