Sunday 15 August 2020
This is the Ubuntu-Arizona Loco Server Team. The purpose of this team is for people who are interested in Linux server technologies, from set up to managing, to be able to learn and participate in a project that will not only help each member learn more about Linux/Servers but it will also help the Ubuntu-Arizona team to develop.
New Server Donated to Team(02/04/09)
Shane Lofgren has just donated a new/used server to the team as a test server. It is a Dell PowerEdge 2650 with 2x Dual Core Intel Xeon 2.80GHz processors, 2x 75GB hard drives, 4GB ram, CD drive, and 2 power supplies. The server is in perfect working order, and has Lucid Lynx LTS installed.
Second Server Donated to Team(02/10/09)
Shane Lofgren has just donated a second new/used server to the team. It is a Dell PowerEdge 2650 with 1x Dual Core Intel Xeon 2.80GHz processors, 16X2 GB hard drives, 1GB ram, CD drive, and 2 power supplies. The server is in perfect working order, and has Precise Pangolin LTS 12.04 installed.
Third Server Donated to Team(07/14/12)
Todd Cole has just donated a third new/used server to the team. It is a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 8GB Ram , 500gb sata with parts from across the team The server is in perfect working order, and has Precise Pangolin LTS 12.04 installed. and set up a Virtual Machine Server using ProxMox as a test platform to train members in vitual machine management and the ability to issue virtual machines to learn,test and Develop on.
fourth Server Donated to Team(07/14/16)
We are now migrated to 2 Proxmox servers and are able maintain backup and issue new servers both KVM and LXC-D containers as needed and have NextCloud and host our own webpage.
Our mission is to use an Ubuntu Server in order to educate and support the Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team and state wide LUGS.
- Establish a team web page (COMPLETED)
- Install Team calendar and LUG calendars that collaborate together. This will provide a centralized area for statewide FOSS events. (COMPLETED)
- Use server in anyway possible to further assist the Arizona team in the advocacy of Ubuntu.
- Setup a second server to provide testing and experimentation area (COMPLETED)
- Setup a third server to provide testing and experimentation area in a virtual environment.
- Offering assistance to any state lug that needs hosting space for their user group.
Contact and Member Information
IRC: (irc.freenode.net ; #ubuntu-us-az) (usually a server team member is there.)
Server Team Members
Parent pages: ArizonaTeam