We are preparing Kubuntu Artful Aardvark (17.10) for Beta 2 on September 28, 2017. With this Beta 2 pre-release, you can see what we are testing in preparation for our next version.
The Kubuntu team will be releasing 17.10 in October.
This is Beta 2 Release. Kubuntu Beta Releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Kubuntu Beta Releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
Please report your results on the Release tracker.
Getting Kubuntu 17.10 Beta 2
Upgrading from 17.04
Download a Disk Image
To upgrade to Kubuntu 17.10 pre-releases from 17.04, run do-release-upgrade -d from a command line.
Download a Bootable image and put it onto a DVD or USB Drive
Designed to be a Breeze, Plasma 5.10 is simple by default, powerful when needed
Plasma 5, the new generation of KDE's desktop has been developed to make it smoother to use while retaining the familiar setup. The latest bugfix release 5.10.5 of the Plasma 5.10 series is the default in this version of Kubuntu.
KDE Applications 17.04.3
Kubuntu comes with KDE Applications 17.04.3 containing all your favorite apps from KDE. This is the 17.04.3 update with bugfixes and translation updates. Most applications have been ported to KDE Frameworks 5 but those which aren't should fit in seamlessly.
- VLC now replaces Dragonplayer as our default media player.
- Muon package manager is now shipped by default once again, as an alternative to Plasma Discover.
- KTorrent has been updated version 5.1, built against the new Qt 5.9.1 release.
Cantata Qt5 music player replaces the unmaintained KDE4 based Amarok as our default for this beta. Please test this change. This is a Music Player Daemon frontend, so configuration & usage may be unfamiliar. Most users will want to select the 'basic single user setup' in the first run wizard.
- Telepathy instant messaging client has been dropped from our defaults as it is no longer maintained upstream, and it has numerous issues. This is still available in the archive to install.
- Many other updated applications, such as new versions of Krita, Digikam, Kdevelop.....
(1706859) Auto-selected keyboard layout no longer matches chosen region on "Where are you" page
(1706861) back/forward button in kubuntu slideshow broken
(1447144) oem-config forgets to update /etc/sddm.conf
(1442512) Apport-kde crash when reporting bugs
(1449265) accounts kcm can not change user's password because kdepasswd is missing
(1451728) kde-config-telepathy-accounts package install error
(1514491) kubuntu desktop inconsistency and integration issues: scrollbars. gtk3 button placement also not integrated
(1561745) OEM config fails to remove itself
(1638473) Blank screen after running oem-config
Development of Kubuntu 17.10, Artful Aardvark, is ongoing and bugs are fixed every day. Before reporting bugs, please ensure your system is up to date. For verifying installation related bugs, updated disk images are available from Daily bootable images for standard PCs and laptops.
You can give us feedback on Google + or Facebook or Twitter.
ArtfulAardvark/Beta2/Kubuntu (last edited 2017-09-22 14:07:58 by marco-parillo)