Table of Contents
These release notes for Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark) provide an overview of the release and document the known issues with Ubuntu 17.10 and its flavors.
Official flavour release notes
Find the links to release notes for official flavors here.
Get Ubuntu 17.10
Download Ubuntu 17.10
Images can be downloaded from a location near you.
You can download ISOs and flashable images from from:
Upgrading from Ubuntu 17.04
To upgrade on a desktop system:
Open the "Software & Updates" Setting in System Settings.
- Select the 3rd Tab called "Updates".
- Set the "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" dropdown menu to "For any new version".
- Press Alt+F2 and type in "update-manager -c" (without the quotes) into the command box.
- Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release '17.04' is available.
- If not you can also use "/usr/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/check-new-release-gtk"
- Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
As is to be expected, with any release, there are some significant known bugs that users may run into with this release of Ubuntu 17.10. The ones we know about at this point (and some of the workarounds), are documented here so you don't need to spend time reporting these bugs again:
- Bluetooth audio devices cannot be used in the Greeter. This will cause issues for people using the accessibility features such as screenreaders at the login screen. Once logged in everything should work as expected.
Your comments, bug reports, patches and suggestions will help fix bugs and improve the quality of future releases. Please report bugs using the tools provided.
If you want to help out with bugs, the Bug Squad is always looking for help.
Participate in Ubuntu
If you would like to help shape Ubuntu, take a look at the list of ways you can participate at
More about Ubuntu
To sign up for future Ubuntu development announcements, please subscribe to Ubuntu's development announcement list at: