|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|''Only that we have for free what we do ourselves.''||''Only what we have for free, we have to do ourselves.''|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
|Line 21:||Line 19:|
|I did first run Linux in 2005. This was Aurox, a Polish distribution (currently commercialized). I got a kernel panic and my Aurox crashed forever. Then I heard about Ubuntu as user-friendly distro based on great Linux server system which is Debian. I bought a second HDD and I installed there Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. I ran Linux occasionally. Since December 2007 I started using Ubuntu as my main operating system on my PC.
Since March 2009 I've started learn about packaging Debian/Ubuntu packages.
|I was MOTU already since September 2010 till April 2011. Now I came back and since 15th July do some work for Ubuntu.|
|Line 29:||Line 24:|
| * [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/334164|334164]] - first expierence with packaging, cooperate with Alessio Treglia and Benjamin Drung
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/339661|339661]] - fix issue for kadu - messenger from my country
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/427539|427539]] - help in getting maven into karmic
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/521666|521666]] - involvement in the discussion about fakesyncs
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/538376|538376]] - coordinate contact to fix broken package
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/421684|421684]] - fix very ardous issue in obexd by SRU
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/549009|549009]] - help in getting clementine-player into Ubuntu
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/574262|574262]] - fix GDM issue by SRU
|* Reduction of difference between Debian and Ubuntu|
|Line 46:||Line 34:|
| * Full Ubuntu security sector support
|* More help with translations|
|Line 58:||Line 45:|
|I want to encourage the implementation of [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArturRona/QuickResponse|Ubuntu Quick Response Strategy]].|
I, Artur Rona, apply for MOTU.
Who I am
Only what we have for free, we have to do ourselves.
This is my motto for contributing to Ubuntu.
My name is Artur and I study logistics. I'm from Tczew and my moniker is Ari - so these are components of my nickname.
My Ubuntu story
I was MOTU already since September 2010 till April 2011. Now I came back and since 15th July do some work for Ubuntu.
Examples of my work / Things I'm proud of
* Reduction of difference between Debian and Ubuntu
Areas of work
- Security Uploads
Things I could do better
- Debian packages management
- Minimalize Ubuntu's delta
- More help with translations
Plans for the future
I want to invite contributors from my country and help them with start packaging. Besides this, I want to implement Ubuntu Quick Response Strategy (my own).
What I like least in Ubuntu
I'm concerned of:
- unactive sponsors since joined MOTU
- too long response from sponsors for main and SRU due to many bugs subscribed
If you'd like to comment, but are not the applicant or a sponsor, do it here. Don't forget to sign with @SIG@.
As a sponsor, just copy the template below, fill it out and add it to this section.
== <SPONSORS NAME> == === General feedback === ## Please fill us in on your shared experience. (How many packages did you sponsor? How would you judge the quality? How would you describe the improvements? Do you trust the applicant?) === Specific Experiences of working together === ''Please add good examples of your work together, but also cases that could have handled better.'' === Areas of Improvement ===