The idea of the too human theme is that even with a palette of gentile and warm colors you will be able to stun and amaze even OS-X and Vista users.
made in inkscape - just a rough draft
attachment:button.png attachment:button2.png attachment:greybutton.png attachment:loadingbar.png
all the .svg's and full size images are in here: attachment:toohuman.tar.bz2
* Good but too light. Darker window borders would be better.
* I like the widgets but I'm not a fan of OSX style windows. -- George12
* Thanks for the feedback, I will try to make some more within the next few days -- Tom Wright
* This is the best one I've seen so far,I really want the Hardy style to be something like this -- Mahdee Jameel
* I like the softer tones and would like to see this style developed. Who says the desktop has to be visually aggressive?
* I think this is a great theme. I'd like to have a style that does not impose itself too much. This one does the job. It is nicely polished and unobtrusive.
* Can I pick my jaw off the floor now? This is damn-near perfect. The detailing is fun and contemporary without being obtrusive. The clarity of the interface is fantastic and the low-contrast look is much less fatiguing on the eyes. This is a look that also allows for great visuals without relying on graphic effects only available on newer hardware. These are mock-ups, right? Any chance you could make actual GNOME/GTK themes for these so we can see how it works when actually implemented, and whether or not rewrites to GTK/GNOME would be necessary for these to look 'right'? I like the less 'physical' look of this, because I've gotten somewhat sick of the (poorly-executed) Linux look of fake physical objects stacked on top of each other, particularly with 'physical'-looking GTK icons on top of 'physical'-looking buttons. EDIT: I think this would go great with ../Fela Kuti -Sumit