|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|= Ocean =||= Ocean Theme for Ubuntu =|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|=== Objectives ===||== Objectives ==|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|=== Concept ===||== Concept ==|
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
|== Color Palette ==||= Color Palette =|
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
|== Wallpaper ==||= Wallpaper =|
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
|=== References ===||= References =|
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
|To be honest, this could never be default due to the colour scheme being quite cool, instead of warm. However, I would enjoy to see this also on the disc. Good Work.
* I love your photography, but I don't like the colour scheme, sorry. I'd personally like to see rich colours like the Hardy Heron wallpaper for a colour scheme.
Ocean Theme for Ubuntu
This "Ocean Concept" tries to become a glassy theme with Ocean colors.
With the capacities of Compiz Fusion (or equivalent X Server which provides Alpha blending for the desktop), it's very nice to have a theme clear as water.
This theme objective is to become an "every day" theme. With bright colors such as very light yellow (in place of white), soft colors as Turquoise for highlighting and darker ones for icons or windows, it will be possible to make a clear and limpid interface.
In example, here is one printscreen of my current desktop :
- Ocean Wallpaper
- Gnome Bars in semi-translucent white (remark that the whiteness at the bottom of the wallpaper allows us to choose a very high level of transparency)
- Glassy Widgets : Clear Calendar (blue theme), Analog Clock, Weather forecast, now playing. Everything on the desktop ("keep below" option)
attachment:Blanc1.png attachment:Jaune1.png attachment:vert1.png attachment:turquoise1.png attachment:Turquoise2.png attachment:Ocean.png
Anchor(Wallpaper) Ocean Cadiz
[attachment:OceanCadiz.jpg Wallpaper in Fullsize] (1920 x 1200)
Picture by Stéphane Vergeylen.
This photo has been taken in April 2008 on the beach of Cadiz (South of Espania).
These are the palette's inspiration. These pictures come from the internet.
- I encourage the comments about this concept. Please write them here below... --Stéphane Vergeylen
To be honest, this could never be default due to the colour scheme being quite cool, instead of warm. However, I would enjoy to see this also on the disc. Good Work.
- I love your photography, but I don't like the colour scheme, sorry. I'd personally like to see rich colours like the Hardy Heron wallpaper for a colour scheme.