Official Logo and Artwork
The Ubuntu logo may be used in one of the formats linked below. Please refer to the [http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/TrademarkPolicy/ trademark policy] for information regarding permission and correct usage of the logo.
- With the release of Ubuntu 5.04, the logo evolved slightly. Specifically, the word Ubuntu is now black, rather than the navy blue of its original form. The black text is now the officially sanctioned version.
- Below are versions of the logo with and without the strapline "linux for human beings" and by itself and set in a white lozenge.
- The Ubuntu logo should be used in the correct orientation, i.e.
- Don't rotate the circular device so that a round "head" is at the top
- Don't rotate the entire logo so that the word Ubuntu is on an angle - it should read straight, left to right.
- If you are using the logo, please use one of these officially approved versions.
In .png format
[attachment:UbuntuLogo.png Basic logo]
[attachment:UbuntuStrapLogo.png Logo with strap line]
[attachment:UbuntuLozengeLogo.png Logo in lozenge]
[attachment:UbuntuLozengeStrapLogo.png Logo in lozenge with strap line]
[attachment:UbuntuVertLogo.png Vertical logo]
[attachment:UbuntuStrapVertLoco.png Vertical with strap line]
In .svg format
[attachment:UbuntuLogo.svg Basic logo]
[attachment:UbuntuStrapLogo.svg Logo with strap line]
[attachment:UbuntuLozengeLogo.svg Logo in lozenge]
[attachment:UbuntuLozengeStrapLogo.svg Logo in lozenge with strap line]
[attachment:UbuntuVertLogo.svg Vertical logo]
[attachment:UbuntuStrapVertLogo.svg Vertical with strap line]
- Red 0, 100, 100, 17; Orange 0, 70, 100, 4; Yellow 0, 45, 100, 2
- Red 187; Orange 158; Yellow 1235
When you are designing icons for Ubuntu, here's a colour palette to assist you in a variety of formats:
- [attachment:ubuntu-palette.gpl Gimp Palette]
[attachment:ubuntu-palette.aco Photoshop Swatch] (From AaronWaite)
- [attachment:ubuntu-palette.png PNG format]
- [attachment:ubuntu-palette.svg SVG format]
User Contributed Artwork
User contributed artwork is currently be stored on the CommunityArtwork page.
Before contributing artwork, please be sure to check the [http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/TrademarkPolicy/ trademark policy] for correct usage of the logo.
For some discussion around Ubuntu artwork, there is an UbuntuArtworkDiscussion page that contains some older dicussion along these lines.
Of particular note is [:WebsiteButtons:this group of buttons] created by AaronWaite that you can put on your website to show your your appreciate for Ubuntu.
Also of note is the [:ServerBanners:server banners] created by ShawnChristopher that you can place on your site to show your server runs on Ubuntu
Official artwork for ["Kubuntu"] is available here on the KubuntuArtwork page.
This is an A0 size [attachment:hoary-poster.pdf poster] of the Hoary CD cover. It is large (around 10MB).