|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|## In case someone wants the emblem back: background-image: url('http://librarian.launchpad.net/2980250/Emblem-16.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 98% 0.5ex; margin: 0 0 1em 1em; padding: 0.5em;|| * [[/Official|Official Artwork]] – Most importantly the Ubuntu Logo
* [[/Documentation|Documentation]] – On artistic and technical matters
* [[/Specifications|Specifications]] – The systematic approach
* [[/BreatheIconSet|Breathe Icon Set]] – Work on an alternative icon set
* [[/Incoming|Incoming]] – All artwork proposals and submissions
* [[/Archives|Archives]] – The look of previous releases
## * [[/Tasks|Tasks]] – Artwork and wiki related tasks for community members
* [[/Meetings|Meetings]] – Meeting schedule and agenda
|Line 6:||Line 13:|
## Replacing the simple listing of sub-page one-line-up does with a detailed list:
|Line 9:||Line 14:|
| * [[Artwork/Official|Official Artwork]] – Most importantly the Ubuntu Logo
* [[Artwork/BreatheIconSet|Breathe Icon Set]] – Work on an alternative icon set
* [[Artwork/Documentation|Documentation]] – On artistic and technical matters
* [[Artwork/Incoming|Incoming]] – All artwork proposals and submissions
* [[Artwork/Specifications|Specifications]] – The systematic approach
* [[Artwork/Meetings|Meetings]] – Meeting schedule and agenda
* [[Artwork/Archives|Archives]] – The look of previous releases
|[[/Catalog|Catalog of all artwork pages]]|
Official Artwork – Most importantly the Ubuntu Logo
Documentation – On artistic and technical matters
Specifications – The systematic approach
Breathe Icon Set – Work on an alternative icon set
Incoming – All artwork proposals and submissions
Archives – The look of previous releases
Meetings – Meeting schedule and agenda
About the Artwork Team
The goal of the "Artwork Team" is to produce artwork for the community side of Ubuntu.
The Artwork Team aims to enrich Ubuntu by designing high quality, original and beautiful themes to be available in the repo as an *alternative* to the default look.
We tend to work in small groups on themes, so alongside people with a strong vision who can lead a team, we need plenty of others that can work together to help polish a great complete, cohesive look.
This involves designers, packagers and GTK+ & QT themeing experts, and we could certainly do with a few more hackers.
If you would like to get involved with the Artwork Team start by following these steps:
Join the mailing list. There are RSS and browser friendly tools located at http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.artwork. In order to increase the readability and understanding of email reponses to the mailing list please include your comments underneath the sentence/paragraph/part-of-the-email you are responding too. Almost all mailers can do this easily. If yours doesn't please take extra attention to doing this by hand.
Have a look at and contribute to the current incoming artwork.
Join the Launchpad team once you have a Launchpad account.
If you have a complete concept that is meant to be developed outside of the regular release cycle, please use the form in /Incoming. Keep it clear and simple.
You can submit Ubuntu-specific wallpapers and themes to http://ubuntu-art.org, but anything that shall have a chance of being shipped with Ubuntu or included in a community-provided package, has to be placed in the Incoming directory of the upcoming release.