Official Artwork – Most importantly the Ubuntu Logo
Breathe Icon Set – Work on an alternative icon set
Guidelines – On artistic and technical matters
Incoming – All artwork proposals and submissions
Specifications – The systematic approach
Meetings – Meeting schedule and agenda
Archives – The look of previous releases
About the Artwork Team
The goal of the "Artwork Team" is to produce artwork for the community side of Ubuntu.
The Artwork Team aims to enrich Ubuntu by designing high quality, original and beautiful themes to be available in the repo as an *alternative* to the default look.
We tend to work in small groups on themes, so alongside people with a strong vision who can lead a team, we need plenty of others that can work together to help polish a great complete, cohesive look.
This involves designers, packagers and GTK+ & QT themeing experts, and we could certainly do with a few more hackers.
Only post Ubuntu related artwork, and keep it Family Friendly.
Everything contributed must be offered with a free license. If your submission also contains another's work, make sure that its license is compatible with Ubuntu. Please make sure that you have clearly stated a license and your preferred method of attribution.
The current development cycle of artwork is Jaunty Jackalope.
If you have a complete concept that is meant to be developed outside of the regular release cycle, such as Blubuntu--please use the form in /Incoming. Keep it clear and simple.
If you would like to get involved with the Artwork Team start by following the following steps:
The Wiki - Check out the active artwork process at Artwork/Incoming
IRC - #ubuntu-artwork at irc.FreeNode.net - For a howto: XChatHowto.
Mailing List - You can sign up for the mailing list.
Meetings - The artwork team will be holding monthly meetings on irc.
Launchpad - You can join the launchpad team once you have a launchpad account.
- To subscribe to a wiki page, simply click the subscribe button at the top of the related wiki page.
There are logs of everything spoken in the channel located at http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/irclogs/
- To manage your inbox, filter your mail messages
There are RSS and browser friendly tools located at http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.artwork
- In order to increase the readability and understanding of email reponses to the mailing list please include your comments underneath the sentence/paragraph/part-of-the-email you are responding too. Almost all mailers can do this easily. If yours doesn't please take extra attention to doing this by hand.
These meetings are usually held on IRC. For a howto on using IRC see XChatHowTo.
- Launchpad offers a wonderful email update to track and follow your favorite specfications.
- Use Launchpad to subscribe to the specifications from your profile.