|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
== Ideas for the future of Kubuntu ==
* Get more involved in the development of Kubuntu specific tools. Not necessarily creating new ones myself ; rather helping out existing development by answering Qt/KDE development questions and polishing user interfaces.
* Improve Kubuntu default configuration to ensure out-of-the-box-awesomeness :)
- French, living in a small village not too far from Paris.
- KDE developer working for Canonical, part of the Desktop Experience team.
- Using Linux since quite some time (first distribution was Red Hat 5.1).
- Software development, especially user interface.
irc agateau on freenode #kde-devel, #kubuntu-devel.
- Developer of Gwenview, a KDE image viewer
Developer of Colibri, passive notifications for KDE (kde-apps page)
Often tries to polish the user interface of KDE applications (last work so far, Get Hot New Stuff)
- Implemented Message Indicator support for KDE
- Ported a few KDE applications to KStatusNotifierItem, KDE new systemtray protocol
Created dbusmenu-qt, used by KStatusNotifierItems|AppIndicators to present their menus on DBus, ensuring consistent menu rendering on GNOME and KDE
Currently working on a global menubar based on dbusmenu (Article on my blog about it)
Ideas for the future of Kubuntu
- Get more involved in the development of Kubuntu specific tools. Not necessarily creating new ones myself ; rather helping out existing development by answering Qt/KDE development questions and polishing user interfaces.
Improve Kubuntu default configuration to ensure out-of-the-box-awesomeness