converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em; background-image: url(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=au-logo2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center;">'''Contents'''<<BR>><<TableOfContents>>||||||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em; background-image: url(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=au-logo2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center center;"><<TableOfContents>>|||
Ubuntu-In-Not-for-Profits aims to promote Ubuntu and FLOSS software to Not-for-Profit, Social and Community based organisations.
Australian case studies can be found here - AustralianTeam/Projects/NotForProfitDocumentation
- To show Not-for-Profit organisations how Ubuntu can help them to spend less on their IT infrustructure.
- Demonstrate the social inclusiveness of Ubuntu and Free, Libre and Open Source Software.
- Investigate the potential of the social opportunities presented by Ubuntu.
- [FINISHED] Representation at 'Connecting Up '06 - Adelaide, May 1-2'
- Give-a-way Ubuntu CDROM's
- Promote Dapper Drake
- Promote 'Software Freedom Day'
[ON-GOING] Collect case studies of groups using Ubuntu. See: AustralianTeam/Projects/NotForProfitDocumentation This information is be the core of the promotional material for Ubuntu to these groups in Australia.
Contact PaulSchulz for more information.
To promote the features, and benefits of Ubuntu to Australian schools.
- To show schools in Australia what Ubuntu can do for their IT infrastructure.
- To showcase features such as:
- unbeatable uptime,
- responsive services,
- free as in price,
- freedom as in contracts (unlike the lock-in contracts that Microsoft offers many schools), and
- free as in libre.
- To demonstrate the power of the LTSP.
Edubuntu School Advocacy is work in progress, but already an excellent resource (link may break).
LinuxWorld Australia article about a Sydney school that is going all Linux.
To let home users know of Ubuntu's ease of use, security, and stability.
Ubuntu-In-Business is a focus group aimed at devising marketing strategies for Australian businesses and discussing business-related issues for using Ubuntu.
- To conduct business-focused demonstrations of Ubuntu and its applications.
CategoryMarketing links to Marketing related pages on this wiki.
DIYMarketing is one of them and links to marketing resources.
ubuntupeople.com is a forum for Ubuntu Advocates.
Ubuntu Media Publications
- Pschultz has something he wrote to the papers
[AustralianTeam/Letter_to_APC Letter to APC] asking to put Ubuntu on Cover DVD - This resulted in the better part of a page on Ben Duivestyn and the Ubuntu Australia LoCo - See apc September 2006 (currently published)