To let home users know of Ubuntu's ease of use, security, and stability.
To promote the features, and benefits of Ubuntu to Australian schools.
- To show schools in Australia what Ubuntu can do for their IT infrastructure.
- To showcase features such as:
- unbeatable uptime,
- responsive services,
- free as in price,
- freedom as in contracts (unlike the lock-in contracts that Microsoft offers many schools), and
- free as in libre.
- To demonstrate the power of the LTSP.
EdubuntuSchoolAdvocacy is an excellent "everything on one page" resource put together by the Edubuntu team.
Ubuntu-In-Business is a focus group aimed at devising marketing strategies for Australian businesses and discussing business-related issues for using Ubuntu.
- To conduct business-focused demonstrations of Ubuntu and its applications.
CategoryMarketing links to Marketing related pages on this wiki.
- ["DIYMarketing"] is one of them and links to marketing resources.
[http://www.ubuntupeople.com ubuntupeople.com] is a forum for Ubuntu Advocates.
Ubuntu-In-Not-for-Profits aims to promote Ubuntu and FLOSS software to Not-for-Profit, Social and Community based organisations.
- To show Not-for-Profit organisations how Ubuntu can help them to spend less on their IT infrustructure.
- Demonstrate the social inclusiveness of Ubuntu and Free, Libre and Open Source Software.
- Investigate the potential of the social opportunities presented by Ubuntu.
- Representation at 'Connecting Up '06 - Adelaide, May 1-2'
- Give-a-way Ubuntu CDROM's
- Promote Dappy Drake
- Promote 'Software Freedom Day'
Contact PaulSchulz for more information.