To let home users know of Ubuntu's ease of use, security, and stability.
To promote the features, and benefits of Ubuntu to Australian schools.
- To show schools in Australia what Ubuntu can do for their IT infrastructure.
- To showcase features such as:
- unbeatable uptime,
- responsive services,
- free as in price,
- freedom as in contracts (unlike the lock-in contracts that Microsoft offers many schools), and
- free as in libre.
- To demonstrate the power of the LTSP.
Ubuntu-In-Business is a focus group aimed at devising marketing strategies for Australian businesses and discussing business-related issues for using Ubuntu.
- To conduct business-focused demonstrations of Ubuntu and its applications.
Ubuntu-Not-for-Profit aims to promote Ubuntu and FLOSS software to Not-for-Profit and Community based organisations.
- To show Not-for-Profit organisations how Ubuntu can help them to spend less on their IT infrustructure.
- Representation at 'Connecting Up '06 - Adelaide, May 1-2'