baptistemm on irc.freenode.net
<baptiste.millemathias AT gmail DOT com>
Hi, I'm Baptiste Mille-Mathias (quite difficult to pronounce in English), I'm French, and I use ubuntu for a long time; I was beta tester of the private version (when ubuntu was still www.no-name-yet.com IIRC).
Location: Mandelieu (French Riviera), France
IRC: baptistemm on GIMPnet and Freenode.
I used Ubuntu since the private Beta, as I knew Sébastien Bacher which proposed me to test it and to provide my feedback.
I really loved it because it was like debian but better, and because suited for my personal usage.
I contribute in Ubuntu in several manners:
- Packaging GNOME modules release (with sponsoring from the Desktop Team)
- I try to keep the bluetooth stack sane (bluez, gnome-bluetooth, obexd, obex-data-server, ...):
- Report Bugs
- Bugs triaging
- Check new version and package it.
- cherry-pick fixes for report bugs
- Have some contact with upstream developpers.
- Providing help on IRC (various #ubuntu channels and upstream channels).
I'm also a GNOME enthusiast for years, I began to use it in 1999, and I contributed since 2002:
- Member and founder of GNOME-FR (The association of French speaking people)
- French Events and GUADEC conferences
- A lot of Bug triaging and some Patching