20100105

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
  2. Agenda items then should be discussed "informally" on #ubuntu-beginners. 90 % of the discussion should have taken place before the meeting.
  3. Meetings are primarily for decision making/team votes. Read the agenda and discuss your thoughts before the meeting. 10 % (or less) of the discussion should happen during the meeting.
  4. Agenda items that require more then 5 minutes of discussion may need to be deferred.

Who

What

BodhiZazen

Team channels, support in main channel or -help

BodhiZazen

BT Roadmap

ibuclaw

Remove the Stalkers FG from BT Structure

nhandler

Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists

Easwar

Decision on logging of #ubuntu-beginners

cprofitt

Security Focus Group Plans for next year

leoquant

Unvoice members of the beginners team in #ubuntu-beginners, it is against Irc (n)etiquette

Nota Bene: Silver Fox will be chairing the meeting. Smile :)

Agenda discussion

cprofitt I like the suggestion to use LP as the official membership roster. It will cut down on old information being scattered across the wiki.

Log

   1 [00:00] <Silver_Fox_> Shall we begin?
   2 [00:00] <Joeb454> sounds good to me Silver_Fox_
   3 [00:00] <Silver_Fox_> Okay.
   4 [00:00] <starcraftman> I haz arrived, and perfectly on time!
   5 [00:00] <Silver_Fox_> #startmeeting
   6 [00:01] <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:00. The chair is Silver_Fox_.
   7 [00:01] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   8 [00:01] <Silver_Fox_> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
   9 [00:01] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  10 [00:01] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC]Team channels, support in main channel or -help
  11 [00:01] <MootBot> New Topic: Team channels, support in main channel or -help
  12 [00:01] <Silver_Fox_> Go bodhi_zazen
  13 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> Thanks
  14 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> I think it has been decided to move support to -help as much a possible
  15 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> -help is much more active these days - go team
  16 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> and feel free to ping me if assistance is needed
  17 [00:03] <IngForigua> Hi today is the beginners team meeting?
  18 [00:03] <Silver_Fox_> Yes IngForigua
  19 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> short support questions are "OK" from time to time in the main channel
  20 [00:03] <starcraftman> Oh ok, so we not changing it to the main then? cabaret just turning into an alt hangout then?
  21 [00:03] <IngForigua> there are beginners team in spanish?
  22 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> I would prefer to keep -beginners to team business and more "formal" and move as much team banter as possible to ##cabaret
  23 [00:04] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: but then what purpose does -beginners serve?
  24 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> doing so has reduced the number of complaints I have recieved drastically
  25 [00:05] <Silver_Fox_> Is that not -beginners not banter channel anymore?
  26 [00:05] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: hmmmm, alright, so cabaret for really random stuff and main more "proper". I got ya.
  27 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> although be aware ##cabaret is not an official ubuntu channel and so you may see some fairly off topic banter / links
  28 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> yes please starcraftman
  29 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> Please *try* to banter in ##cabaret
  30 [00:06] <Silver_Fox_> Okay,  shall we move onto the vote?
  31 [00:06] <pleia2> is ##cabaret subject to the CoC?
  32 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> I do not personally mind banter in the main channel, but at the team has grown banter seems to be causing issues
  33 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> Not that I know of pleia2
  34 [00:07] <pleia2> ok, I won't be joining then
  35 [00:07] <lukjadOO7> So what is the vote exactly?
  36 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> my understanding is ## channels are "unofficial"
  37 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> 2 votes if you want
  38 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> 1 - support to -help
  39 [00:07] <Silver_Fox_> Okay.
  40 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> and
  41 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> 2 - banter to ##cabaret
  42 [00:07] <lukjadOO7> bodhi_zazen: While I am in ##cabaret, I don't feel as comfortable chatting there.
  43 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> LOL
  44 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> why lukjadOO7 ?
  45 [00:08] <canthus13> Why not adopt an o4o policy similar to -offtopic?
  46 [00:08] <canthus13> rather than spreading out over more channels.
  47 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> canthus13: what is that ? o4o policy ?
  48 [00:08] <lukjadOO7> bodhi_zazen: Because it's not with the CoC, so I feel somewhat uncertain as to what goes.
  49 [00:08] <maco> !o4o > bodhi_zazen
  50 [00:08] <ubottu> bodhi_zazen, please see my private message
  51 [00:08] <paultag> sorry I'm late :)
  52 [00:08] <canthus13> o4o is basically a policy that outlines topics where people should tread lightly.
  53 [00:09] <canthus13> maco: thanks.
  54 [00:09]  * canthus13 didn't realize ubottu was in here. :)
  55 [00:09] <dvz-> why not again, cut out help:  ubuntu-beginners  == support channel  and ubuntu-team == team banter and or team business?
  56 [00:09] <jgoguen> .msg ubottu !o4o
  57 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> mainly for two reasons
  58 [00:09] <nigel_nb> dvz-: +1
  59 [00:09] <dvz-> leaves us still at 2 channels both of which can be governed by coc
  60 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> #1 is that policy is really not working in the main channel
  61 [00:09] <jgoguen> dvz-: I thought that was proposed and shot down once?
  62 [00:10] <dvz-> jgoguen: this whole issue has been proposed and shot down many times.
  63 [00:10] <dvz-> more than once and by more than one person
  64 [00:10] <lukjadOO7> bodhi_zazen: Another thing is that I don't care to spread out chat on many different channels.
  65 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> We (I) get too many complaints when the team banters in the main channel
  66 [00:10] <paultag> +1 bodhi_zazen
  67 [00:10] <maco> is that because it's banter or because of the specific topic of the banter?
  68 [00:10] <Silver_Fox_> Sorry but this is getting on.  I propose that this be discussed some more and we move onto another topic.
  69 [00:11] <Silver_Fox_> We have a full agenda
  70 [00:11] <starcraftman> I think we can just move to up down vote on bodhi's suggestions.
  71 [00:11] <lukjadOO7> Okay, can we vote about the moving help to -help?:
  72 [00:11] <lukjadOO7> Silver_Fox_: ^
  73 [00:11] <paultag> maco, we get off topic in #ubuntu-beginners, and most people expect help to be there.
  74 [00:11] <maco> paultag: ah ok
  75 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> The team, in general, seems unable to tolerate o4o topics and there has been a real breakdown in tolerance in the main channel, IMO
  76 [00:11] <paultag> maco, where our real help channel is #ubuntu-beginners-help :)
  77 [00:11] <dvz-> bodhi_zazen: and we get too many comlaints when people help others in the main channel....other than these meetings, what team business is of so great of time investment that it deems we need a new channel for offtopic?
  78 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> We should move these meeting to the main channel, IMO
  79 [00:12] <lukjadOO7> dvz-: I agree, but some people are upset about it.
  80 [00:12] <nhandler> persia: I know I'm a bit late, but freenode guidelines would still apply, but that is about it (re ##cabaret)
  81 [00:12] <nhandler> err pleia2
  82 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> dvz-: it is more that I am tired of the complaints
  83 [00:12] <dvz-> lukjadOO7: if we limited the team channel to strictly business, then it would remain idle a majority of the time then.
  84 [00:12] <starcraftman> So bodhi's proposal to summarize as I get it: Help -> long answer support and beginners  -> proper team business/short support and cabaret > banter really off topic, unCoC.
  85 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> either the team needs to be more tolerant and polite or move the banter
  86 [00:12] <lukjadOO7> dvz-: Yes, I know.
  87 [00:13] <starcraftman> Can we have 1 vote on all that.
  88 [00:13] <pleia2> nhandler: I knew the general rules for ## channels, I was just hoping that even though unofficial, a banter channel promoted by an official Ubuntu project would also be held to the CoC, it makes me very uncomfortable that it doesn't
  89 [00:13] <nigel_nb> we'll split the votes into 3?
  90 [00:13] <lukjadOO7> dvz-: I'm not for it, but I understand bodhi_zazen's point of view. I'm going to +0 it
  91 [00:13] <lukjadOO7> dvz-: Actualy I'll -0 it
  92 [00:13] <pleia2> (which is why I won't go there)
  93 [00:13] <nhandler> pleia2: It isn't in the Ubuntu name space either, so not even the Ubuntu IRC Guidelines would really apply.
  94 [00:13] <lukjadOO7> pleia2: +1
  95 [00:14] <lukjadOO7> I would suggest that perhaps a code of conduct be created for ##cabaret ?
  96 [00:14] <pleia2> nhandler: just because they aren't required to apply, doesn't mean we can't say they do :)
  97 [00:14] <dvz-> i guess I'm not completely aware of what the "offtopic" banter that seems to offend people is
  98 [00:14] <lukjadOO7> It need not be too strict, but something to keep people feel safe
  99 [00:14] <drs305> lukjadOO7: It's not "our" channel.
 100 [00:14] <pleia2> lukjadOO7: is the CoC too strict?
 101 [00:15] <lukjadOO7> pleia2: I don't think so.
 102 [00:15] <pleia2> nor do I
 103 [00:15] <lukjadOO7> pleia2: I'm just saying that we create a new CoC for the channel
 104 [00:15] <nhandler> pleia2: I personally do not have any reason with not holding people to the CoC in there
 105 [00:16] <nhandler> lukjadOO7: Is there any part of the Ubuntu CoC that people do not believe should apply there?
 106 [00:16] <nigel_nb> lukjadOO7: can we have CoC apply to the channel?
 107 [00:16] <PabloRubianes> sorry i am late
 108 [00:16] <lukjadOO7> I would personally like to see the channel be under the CoC.
 109 [00:16] <nigel_nb> +1 lukjadOO7
 110 [00:16] <lukjadOO7> nigel_nb: I don't see why not.
 111 [00:16] <starcraftman> PabloRubianes: s'okay we haven't really gotten anywhere.
 112 [00:16] <nhandler> We already hold people to the CoC in -beginners
 113 [00:16] <maco> +1 lukjadOO7
 114 [00:16]  * pleia2 nods
 115 [00:16]  * starcraftman puts on music and waits for a bit of agreement.
 116 [00:16] <duanedesign> if we put cabareet under the CoC then what makes it different than #ubuntu-beginners
 117 [00:16] <Silver_Fox_> Okay,  Any more comments or questions.  I would like to put up a vote that this topic be discussed at a later date.
 118 [00:17] <lukjadOO7> If the channel can't use the CoC for legal reasons or wordings, I suggest we copy/paste it
 119 [00:17] <jgoguen> duanedesign: The fact that ##cabaret isn't somewhere users come expecting some help?
 120 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> I think we need to at least vote on moving support to -help
 121 [00:17] <lukjadOO7> And name it the Code of Cabaret.
 122 [00:17] <starcraftman> Silver_Fox_: make sure vote topic clear. We have discussed a few alternate suggestions.
 123 [00:17] <drs305> How are we setting guidelines for a channel not ours - open to anyone who happens along?
 124 [00:17] <canthus13> rename #ubuntu-beginners to #ubuntu-beginners-team and keep -help the same.
 125 [00:17] <paultag> better yet:
 126 [00:18] <lukjadOO7> drs305: It was created by bodhi_zazen I believe
 127 [00:18] <paultag> Rename #ubuntu-beginners-help to #ubuntu-beginners, and create #ubuntu-beginners-team, or -cafe
 128 [00:18] <jgoguen> drs305: The same as other channels set guidelines that all users entering are expected to adhere to
 129 [00:18] <nigel_nb> paultag: +1 (that would do)
 130 [00:18] <paultag> It would clear up a _lot_ of confusion
 131 [00:18] <paultag> Silver_Fox_, and I suggested this before
 132 [00:18] <dvz-> +1 paultag
 133 [00:18] <nigel_nb> paultag's suggestion would clear a lot of confusion
 134 [00:18] <nigel_nb> and it would help keep a team channel for offtopic *under the CoC*
 135 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: easier to move -help to -team
 136 [00:19] <starcraftman> paultag: then all long support questions and official business in the team channel and cafe for CoC talk. Right?
 137 [00:19] <nigel_nb> either way, the idea is the same
 138 [00:19] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, yeah, but people assume #ubuntu-beginners, is for beginners, and -cafe does not look like a support channel
 139 [00:19] <nigel_nb> exactly
 140 [00:19] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, we get a lot of incoming support questions in -beginners that we have to tell to /join #ubuntu-beginners-help
 141 [00:19] <dvz-> bodhi_zazen: last meeting or so ago, someone else (paul or silver) offered to redo the access permissions on the channels, i believe
 142 [00:20] <paultag> I'll do it
 143 [00:20] <paultag> I don't mind tedious work
 144 [00:20] <nigel_nb> Silver_Fox_: is it possible to vote on paultag's suggestion?
 145 [00:20] <dvz-> bodhi_zazen: should we choose that route... i remember the one complaint when i propsed the idea initially was "too much of a hassle setting permissions"
 146 [00:20] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]  Make off topic channel #ubuntu-beginners-cafe
 147 [00:20] <MootBot> Please vote on:   Make off topic channel #ubuntu-beginners-cafe.
 148 [00:20] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 149 [00:20] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 150 [00:20] <jgoguen> +1
 151 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 152 [00:20] <dvz-> +1
 153 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 154 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> Why do we need 4 channels -beginner -team -help and -cafe ?
 155 [00:20] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 3 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 156 [00:20] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 4 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 157 [00:20] <pleia2> +1
 158 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 159 [00:20] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, we would get rid of team and help
 160 [00:21] <Rocket2DMn> +0
 161 [00:21] <jgoguen> bodhi_zazen: As I see it, -help is redirected to -beginners
 162 [00:21] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 163 [00:21] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, just -beginners, and -beginners-cafe
 164 [00:21] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 165 [00:21] <starcraftman> +0
 166 [00:21] <drs305> +0
 167 [00:21] <MootBot> Abstention received from starcraftman. 5 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 5
 168 [00:21] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 6 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 6
 169 [00:21] <MootBot> Abstention received from drs305. 6 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 6
 170 [00:21] <lukjadOO7> This is somewhat confusing.
 171 [00:21] <Joeb454> +1
 172 [00:21] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 7 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 7
 173 [00:21] <PabloRubianes> +1
 174 [00:21] <MootBot> +1 received from PabloRubianes. 8 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 8
 175 [00:21] <IngForigua> +1
 176 [00:21] <nhandler> +0
 177 [00:21] <MootBot> +1 received from IngForigua. 9 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 9
 178 [00:21] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 9 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 9
 179 [00:21] <lukjadOO7> +0
 180 [00:21] <MootBot> Abstention received from lukjadOO7. 9 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 9
 181 [00:21] <Silver_Fox_> Any more votes?
 182 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> and I agree with pleia2 , I do not want -cafe to be under the CoC, at least I do not want off topic o4o banter associated with this team =)
 183 [00:21] <dvz-> bodhi_zazen: we would ultimately  be switching -help to -beginners .... -beginners to -beginners-team  ... and -beginners-cafe to banter..then dropping -help i believe is the proposed idea
 184 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> -1
 185 [00:21] <MootBot> -1 received from bodhi_zazen. 9 for, 1 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 8
 186 [00:21] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 187 [00:21] <MootBot> Final result is 9 for, 1 against. 5 abstained. Total: 8
 188 [00:22] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]
 189 [00:22] <MootBot> AGREED received:
 190 [00:22] <Silver_Fox_> whoops ;)
 191 [00:22] <lukjadOO7> Uhhh
 192 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> dvz-: why not leave -beginners and simply move -help to -team
 193 [00:22] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED] Make off topic channel #ubuntu-beginners-cafe
 194 [00:22] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Make off topic channel #ubuntu-beginners-cafe
 195 [00:22] <nhandler> I would be glad to help with the actual channel management to handle this stuff
 196 [00:22] <dvz-> bodhi_zazen:  clears up confusion for NON-team members
 197 [00:22] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]  Move -help to #ubuntu-beginners
 198 [00:22] <MootBot> Please vote on:   Move -help to #ubuntu-beginners.
 199 [00:22] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 200 [00:22] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 201 [00:23] <paultag> +1
 202 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 203 [00:23] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 204 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 205 [00:23] <pleia2> +1
 206 [00:23] <nhandler> +0
 207 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 208 [00:23] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 209 [00:23] <dvz-> ubuntu-beginners  (non-members view this as help for beginners0, not a team channel)
 210 [00:23] <paultag> nhandler, roger :)
 211 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 212 [00:23] <PabloRubianes> +1
 213 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 214 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from PabloRubianes. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 215 [00:23] <drs305> -1
 216 [00:23] <MootBot> -1 received from drs305. 5 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 217 [00:23] <lukjadOO7> +0
 218 [00:23] <MootBot> Abstention received from lukjadOO7. 5 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 4
 219 [00:23] <dvz-> +1
 220 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 6 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 5
 221 [00:23] <Joeb454> +1
 222 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 7 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 6
 223 [00:23] <Rocket2DMn> -1
 224 [00:23] <MootBot> -1 received from Rocket2DMn. 7 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 5
 225 [00:23] <swoody> +1
 226 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 6
 227 [00:23] <duanedesign> +1
 228 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 9 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
 229 [00:23] <nigel_nb> +1
 230 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 10 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
 231 [00:23] <jgoguen> +1
 232 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 11 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 9
 233 [00:23] <Silver_Fox_> Any more votes?
 234 [00:23] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 235 [00:23] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 2 against. 2 abstained. Total: 9
 236 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> I can see two channels -beginners and -beginners-team
 237 [00:24] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]   Move -help to #ubuntu-beginners.
 238 [00:24] <MootBot> AGREED received:    Move -help to #ubuntu-beginners.
 239 [00:24] <dvz-> bodhi_zazen: right...and for the offtopic...i don't care if it's -cafe or if it's cabaret..or whatever else we decide
 240 [00:24] <dvz-> +1
 241 [00:24] <PabloRubianes> cabaret is no longer use?
 242 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> we need to discuss off topic / banter
 243 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> we either need to be more tolerant as a team
 244 [00:24] <lukjadOO7> Are we voting on the policy on #ubuntu-beginners-cafe ?
 245 [00:25]  * bodhi_zazen points out the vast majority of complaints come from team members
 246 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> or move the banter out of #beginners space
 247 [00:25] <drs305> Are the complaints being aired during the discussions? I haven't seen them.
 248 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> drs305: no, the complaints come to me in PM, and then I try to resolve the issues
 249 [00:26] <jgoguen> I don't necessarily think the lack of public complaints should be taken as any implication that there isn't a problem
 250 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> +1 jgoguen
 251 [00:26] <dvz-> good point drs305 ...i haven't been around much due to family issues - but if someone has a complaint, i think that they should have the courtesy to bring it up to the person that offended them either in PM or chat before going to the team lead immediately
 252 [00:26] <nigel_nb> bodhi_zazen: can I suggest that if someone has any issue with another person, PM directly
 253 [00:26] <drs305> I believe courtesy includes asking for a cessation of the behavior at the time rather than a PM to bodhi.
 254 [00:26] <paultag> nigel_nb, but sometimes it's hard
 255 [00:26] <lukjadOO7> Maybe we could wait until the next meeting to actually work on the cafe and offtopic?
 256 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> seriously, the banter is problematic and I do not see moving to another official ubuntu channel or a channel associated with the BT as a solution
 257 [00:27] <jgoguen> An assumption like that forces people to speak out who may not be comfortable doing so, meaning they'll not speak out and possibly leave thinking we're a bunch of hooligans
 258 [00:27] <maco> what if the complaint is about the team lead?
 259 [00:27] <dvz-> it's a two way street...if you're offended by someone, we can't read your minds, talk to that person about it...it may be as simple as a pm and talking to them about it.
 260 [00:27] <lukjadOO7> Or until the end?
 261 [00:27] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]  Move non COC compliant banter to ##cabaret
 262 [00:27] <MootBot> Please vote on:   Move non COC compliant banter to ##cabaret.
 263 [00:27] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 264 [00:27] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 265 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 266 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 267 [00:27] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 268 [00:27] <nhandler> +0
 269 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 1
 270 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
 271 [00:27] <jgoguen> +1
 272 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 273 [00:27] <swoody> +1
 274 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 275 [00:27] <paultag> +1
 276 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 277 [00:27] <PabloRubianes> +1
 278 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from PabloRubianes. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
 279 [00:27] <nigel_nb> +0
 280 [00:27] <dvz-> +1
 281 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from nigel_nb. 6 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 6
 282 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 7 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
 283 [00:27] <starcraftman> +0
 284 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from starcraftman. 7 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 7
 285 [00:27] <lukjadOO7> -0
 286 [00:27] <paultag> nigel_nb, like take for example, me. If I do something that offends, most people have met me since the beginning, and if I do something dumb, it's hard to confront a more senior member, rather then a neutral lead like bodhi_zazen
 287 [00:27] <Joeb454> +0
 288 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from Joeb454. 7 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 7
 289 [00:27] <lukjadOO7> +0
 290 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from lukjadOO7. 7 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 7
 291 [00:27] <duanedesign> +1
 292 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 8 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 8
 293 [00:27] <drs305> +0
 294 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from drs305. 8 for, 0 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now 8
 295 [00:27] <Rocket2DMn> +0
 296 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 8 for, 0 against. 7 have abstained. Count is now 8
 297 [00:27] <pleia2> +0
 298 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from pleia2. 8 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 8
 299 [00:27] <jgoguen> maco: There's a council mailing list that's private...admittedly the team lead is on that list, but there's enough other people on it that it should be able to be fairly dealt with
 300 [00:27] <dvz-> paultag: i have no qualms confronting you :-D
 301 [00:28] <nigel_nb> paultag: suggestion
 302 [00:28] <IngForigua> +1
 303 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from IngForigua. 9 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 9
 304 [00:28] <paultag> dvz-, I know that :)
 305 [00:28] <paultag> nigel_nb, yo
 306 [00:28] <pleia2> (I don't think we should be promoting an out of namespace channel that doesn't adhere to ubuntu community standards)
 307 [00:28] <nigel_nb> can we have a formal process for this?
 308 [00:28] <Silver_Fox_> Any more votes?
 309 [00:28] <lukjadOO7> pleia2:
 310 [00:28] <maco> +1 pleia2
 311 [00:28] <juju2143> +1
 312 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from maco. 10 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 10
 313 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from juju2143. 11 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 11
 314 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> pleia2: we are not promoting any such thing
 315 [00:28] <maco> oh bah. ignore mine. im not a votable person
 316 [00:28] <nhandler> pleia2: Nobody said anything about acitvely promoting it afaik
 317 [00:28] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 318 [00:28] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 0 against. 8 abstained. Total: 11
 319 [00:28] <nigel_nb> paultag: in case you are offended, mail the person with a copy to the bt council
 320 [00:28] <dvz-> pleia2: i think this is merely a,  "if it doesn't relate to the team, take it elsewhere"
 321 [00:28] <nigel_nb> so there can be a resolution and somone else gets to know about it and mediate
 322 [00:28] <paultag> nigel_nb, yeah, but again, if they are on the council, that can be hard
 323 [00:29] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]Move non COC compliant banter to ##cabaret.
 324 [00:29] <MootBot> AGREED received: Move non COC compliant banter to ##cabaret.
 325 [00:29] <pleia2> fair enough
 326 [00:29] <nigel_nb> paultag: we cud make a friendly approach to it
 327 [00:29] <nigel_nb> paultag: something for the stalker fG?
 328 [00:29] <paultag> nigel_nb, perhaps :)
 329 [00:29] <dvz-> we have a stalker fg?
 330 [00:29] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE] -help to forward to #ubuntu-beginners
 331 [00:29] <MootBot> Please vote on:  -help to forward to #ubuntu-beginners.
 332 [00:29] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 333 [00:29] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 334 [00:29] <dvz-> why wasn't i told about this?
 335 [00:29] <paultag> dvz-, that group may or may not exist
 336 [00:29] <paultag> +1
 337 [00:29] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 338 [00:29] <nigel_nb> +1
 339 [00:29] <nhandler> +0
 340 [00:29] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 341 [00:29] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
 342 [00:29] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 343 [00:29] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 344 [00:29] <jgoguen> +1
 345 [00:29] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 346 [00:29] <duanedesign> +1
 347 [00:29] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 348 [00:29] <dvz-> +1
 349 [00:29] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
 350 [00:29] <Joeb454> +1
 351 [00:30] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
 352 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> +0
 353 [00:30] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhi_zazen. 7 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
 354 [00:30] <swoody> +1
 355 [00:30] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
 356 [00:30] <Rocket2DMn> +0
 357 [00:30] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 8 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 8
 358 [00:30] <lukjadOO7> +1
 359 [00:30] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjadOO7. 9 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 9
 360 [00:30] <lukjadOO7> +0
 361 [00:30] <pleia2> +1
 362 [00:30] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 10 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 10
 363 [00:30] <starcraftman> +1
 364 [00:30] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 11 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 11
 365 [00:30] <Silver_Fox_> Any more votes?
 366 [00:30] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 367 [00:30] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 0 against. 3 abstained. Total: 11
 368 [00:30] <drs305> -1
 369 [00:31] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]-help to forward to #ubuntu-beginners
 370 [00:31] <MootBot> AGREED received: -help to forward to #ubuntu-beginners
 371 [00:31] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC]BT Roadmap
 372 [00:31] <MootBot> New Topic: BT Roadmap
 373 [00:31] <Silver_Fox_> Go bodhi_zazen
 374 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> Anyone have any comments on the roadmap ?
 375 [00:31] <duanedesign> o/
 376 [00:31] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: Do you have a link to the draft of it handy?
 377 [00:31] <nigel_nb> bodhi_zazen: link please?
 378 [00:32] <lukjadOO7> bodhi_zazen: Roadmap link?
 379 [00:32] <bodhi_zazen> I put the item on the agenda, but was hoping others were taking the lead on this
 380 [00:32] <duanedesign> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/duanedesign/sandbox
 381 [00:32] <duanedesign> ^^^^
 382 [00:32] <bodhi_zazen> thanks duanedesign
 383 [00:32] <duanedesign> I have a working draft in my sanbox
 384 [00:32] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: It has been on for a while (I think I initially added it a few months ago)
 385 [00:32] <Silver_Fox_> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/duanedesign/sandbox
 386 [00:32] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/duanedesign/sandbox
 387 [00:32] <nigel_nb> Suggestion: Can we have something like the bugsquad's 5-a-day?
 388 [00:32] <duanedesign> I think there are some good ideas there
 389 [00:32] <lukjadOO7> Looks find to me
 390 [00:33] <nigel_nb> for answers, bugs, and forum help
 391 [00:33] <jgoguen> nigel_nb: Sounds like a good idea!
 392 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> 6 weeks I think nhandler
 393 [00:33] <Silver_Fox_> Okay,  if nothing to vote I on I am going to move onto the next topic.
 394 [00:33] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: Hmm...Feels like longer
 395 [00:33] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC]Remove the Stalkers FG from BT Structure
 396 [00:33] <MootBot> New Topic: Remove the Stalkers FG from BT Structure
 397 [00:33] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: Oh right this thing, my only comment is not exactly sure I'm a fan of the wiki one. I'm planning a doc meeting soon so we might discuss such a target.
 398 [00:33] <paultag> oh WTF
 399 [00:33] <paultag> -1
 400 [00:34] <paultag> the Stalker FG does good work :)
 401 [00:34] <Silver_Fox_> Hmm,  ibuclaw is not here.
 402 [00:34] <nigel_nb> Silver_Fox_: can we hold off on this one?
 403 [00:34] <lukjadOO7> I'm against that
 404 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> ibuclaw asked me to discuss this topic
 405 [00:34] <paultag> I'm in the stalking FG, I can address this :)
 406 [00:34] <Silver_Fox_> Go bodhi_zazen then =]
 407 [00:34] <nigel_nb> Silver_Fox_: we could potentially add more duties to stalker FG
 408 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> basically, the purpose of the stalker group is quality control on the forms
 409 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> I do not think the stalkers group has bee active
 410 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> or perhaps it needs a new lead ?
 411 [00:34] <Joeb454> I'm off, not feeling great. Sorry guys
 412 [00:35] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, who is lead now? sdennie?
 413 [00:35] <nhandler> Bye Joeb454
 414 [00:35] <lukjadOO7> Later Joeb454
 415 [00:35] <Silver_Fox_> Bye Joeb454 .
 416 [00:35] <nigel_nb> bodhi_zazen: can we add quality control on IRC to stalker FG?
 417 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> the idea is that all team members should participate in quality control
 418 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> we could
 419 [00:35] <nigel_nb> bodhi_zazen: addressing complaints and issues with other members..
 420 [00:35] <lukjadOO7> bodhi_zazen: I suggest we make it have a better and broader focus
 421 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> I think we either need to
 422 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> 1. Find a lead for the stalkers, and revitalize it ...
 423 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> or
 424 [00:35] <paultag> OK, speaking on behalf:
 425 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> 2. Eliminate it
 426 [00:36] <nigel_nb> I can help lead it (if u're okay with me leading that is)
 427 [00:36] <nhandler> I think having the entire team participate in quality control sounds like a better solution for the long run
 428 [00:36] <jgoguen> nigel_nb: Quality control on IRC, IIRC, is the domain of the IRC FG as part of their mandate of help on IRC
 429 [00:36] <paultag> All of the members of the FG are regularly on IRC, LP and UF, and when we come across and BT member we take a look at it.
 430 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> nigel_nb: I think moving the banter to ##cabaret is going to resolve 99.9 % of the current complaints
 431 [00:36] <paultag> I always ( _always_ ) watch IRC for quality of UBT members' help, and I think that is part of the stalking FG
 432 [00:36] <jgoguen> Having said that, I agree with nhandler
 433 [00:36] <nigel_nb> agree, but as paultag said ealier, it would be nice to have a small group to deal with it
 434 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> removing a few problematic users from the channel has been effective on the rest of the complaints
 435 [00:37] <nhandler> paultag: I think most of us pay attention to the work of fellow BT members throughout the community
 436 [00:37] <paultag> nhandler, +1
 437 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> If we are going to expand the focus , what irc channels ?
 438 [00:37] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, it would have to be #ubuntu-beginners, and #ubuntu
 439 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> #ubuntu ? -beginners ? our channels only ?
 440 [00:37] <jgoguen> bodhi_zazen: At least the #ubuntu-beginners-* channels, and also if BT members are helping in #ubuntu
 441 [00:37] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, well, the UBT members are UBT members through Ubuntu, we should be making sure our good name is intact ;)
 442 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> Sounds good to me
 443 [00:38] <paultag> +1 jgoguen
 444 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> who would like to lead ?
 445 [00:38] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: This is why I feel it would be better to just get rid of the formal group and have it as a more informal quality control process
 446 [00:38] <lukjadOO7> jgoguen: +2
 447 [00:38] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]  Remove Stalker FG
 448 [00:38] <MootBot> Please vote on:   Remove Stalker FG.
 449 [00:38] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 450 [00:38] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 451 [00:38] <paultag> I am in charge to two teams. I would not take on another
 452 [00:38] <nhandler> +1
 453 [00:38] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 454 [00:38] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 455 [00:38] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 456 [00:38] <lukjadOO7> -1
 457 [00:38] <MootBot> -1 received from lukjadOO7. 2 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 458 [00:38] <paultag> -1
 459 [00:38] <MootBot> -1 received from paultag. 2 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 0
 460 [00:38] <nigel_nb> -1
 461 [00:38] <MootBot> -1 received from nigel_nb. 2 for, 3 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -1
 462 [00:38] <jgoguen> nhandler: Would you have the council handle quality problems then?
 463 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> +0
 464 [00:38] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhi_zazen. 2 for, 3 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -1
 465 [00:38] <PabloRubianes> -1
 466 [00:38] <MootBot> -1 received from PabloRubianes. 2 for, 4 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -2
 467 [00:38] <drs305> 0
 468 [00:38] <nigel_nb> I can help whoever is leading
 469 [00:38] <drs305> +0
 470 [00:38] <MootBot> Abstention received from drs305. 2 for, 4 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -2
 471 [00:38] <nhandler> jgoguen: I see no issue with that
 472 [00:38] <lukjadOO7> jgoguen: The higher level ones that can't be handled
 473 [00:38] <MootBot> Private -1 vote received. 2 for, 5 against, 2 have abstained. Count is now -3
 474 [00:39] <jgoguen> +1
 475 [00:39] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 3 for, 5 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -2
 476 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> If we keep the team, we need a lead
 477 [00:39] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, +1
 478 [00:39] <dvz-> +0
 479 [00:39] <MootBot> Abstention received from dvz-. 3 for, 5 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -2
 480 [00:39] <lukjadOO7> jgoguen: You voted wrong
 481 [00:39] <Silver_Fox_> Any more votes?
 482 [00:39] <jgoguen> >_<
 483 [00:39] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 484 [00:39] <MootBot> Final result is 3 for, 5 against. 3 abstained. Total: -2
 485 [00:39] <jgoguen> lukjadOO7: Not like it changed the result :)
 486 [00:39] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED] Keep stalker FG
 487 [00:39] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Keep stalker FG
 488 [00:39] <paultag> Now, Leads:
 489 [00:39] <paultag> Who wants to lead the team?
 490 [00:39] <lukjadOO7> jgoguen: Well, yeah. But closer
 491 [00:40]  * jgoguen notes to extra-careful read the topic twice next time
 492 [00:40] <nhandler> I think we should hold off on choosing a lead until at least the next meeting
 493 [00:40] <paultag> fair enough nhandler
 494 [00:40] <nigel_nb> paultag: If u can take the lead, I'll help you with everything
 495 [00:40] <nhandler> That way, members who are not present now have a chance to put their name forward
 496 [00:40] <nigel_nb> nhandler: +1
 497 [00:40] <paultag> nigel_nb, I won't take lead, I have two FGs already ;)
 498 [00:40] <paultag> +1 nhandler
 499 [00:40] <paultag> nigel_nb, put yourself in there :)
 500 [00:40] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE] Decided new leads at next meeting
 501 [00:40] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Decided new leads at next meeting.
 502 [00:40] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 503 [00:40] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 504 [00:40] <cjohnston> make a page for people to nominate themselves?
 505 [00:40] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 506 [00:40] <nhandler> +1
 507 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 508 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 509 [00:40] <paultag> +1
 510 [00:40] <jgoguen> +
 511 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 512 [00:40] <pleia2> +1
 513 [00:40] <nigel_nb> +1
 514 [00:40] <jgoguen> +1
 515 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 516 [00:40] <PabloRubianes> +1
 517 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 518 [00:40] <swoody> +1
 519 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 520 [00:40] <starcraftman> +1
 521 [00:40] <MootBot> +1 received from PabloRubianes. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 522 [00:41] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 523 [00:41] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 9 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
 524 [00:41] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 10 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 10
 525 [00:41] <dvz-> +1
 526 [00:41] <lukjadOO7> +1
 527 [00:41] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 11 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 11
 528 [00:41] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjadOO7. 12 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 12
 529 [00:41] <drs305> +1
 530 [00:41] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 13 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 13
 531 [00:41] <Silver_Fox_> Any more votes?
 532 [00:41] <jgoguen> lukjadOO7: Although realistically, if everyone does quality control that's a major part of the stalker FG suddenly handled by everyone, unless we say Stalkers is like Forums and everyone is implicitly part of it
 533 [00:41]  * starcraftman is munching food why he's a bit quiet.
 534 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> +0
 535 [00:41] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhi_zazen. 13 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 13
 536 [00:41] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 537 [00:41] <MootBot> Final result is 13 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 13
 538 [00:41]  * jgoguen takes starcraftman's food
 539 [00:41] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED] Decide new leads at next meeting
 540 [00:41] <lukjadOO7> jgoguen: Not everyone is part of the stalkers
 541 [00:41] <duanedesign> starcraftman: mmm i am so hungry
 542 [00:41] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Decide new leads at next meeting
 543 [00:41] <paultag> Cool. We should start a Mailing lost on this
 544 [00:41] <paultag> list *
 545 [00:41] <jgoguen> lukjadOO7: That's my point :)
 546 [00:41] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC]Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists
 547 [00:41] <MootBot> New Topic: Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists
 548 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> mailing lost, LMAO
 549 [00:41] <nhandler> Does someone want the action to send it to the list?
 550 [00:41] <starcraftman> jgoguen: That's it, bodhi_zazen, I'm filling a complaint, you saw him swipe it right off my plate!
 551 [00:41] <Silver_Fox_> Go nhandler
 552 [00:42] <paultag> +1 -- great idea
 553 [00:42] <nigel_nb> +1
 554 [00:42] <lukjadOO7> jgoguen: I suggest that people have to be inducted in
 555 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> move to vote ?
 556 [00:42] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, yup
 557 [00:42] <nhandler> We have several lists of FG members that we currently maintain. Most have outdated lists on the wiki
 558 [00:42] <paultag> LP is a lot better then wiki
 559 [00:42] <jgoguen> And more accurate
 560 [00:42] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists
 561 [00:42] <MootBot> Please vote on: Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists.
 562 [00:42] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 563 [00:42] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 564 [00:42] <Silver_Fox_> -1
 565 [00:42] <MootBot> -1 received from Silver_Fox_. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -1
 566 [00:42] <nigel_nb> and it expires too
 567 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> +10
 568 [00:42] <paultag> +1
 569 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 0
 570 [00:42] <nigel_nb> +1
 571 [00:42] <pleia2> +1
 572 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 2 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 573 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 574 [00:42] <nhandler> +1
 575 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 3 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 576 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 4 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 577 [00:42] <swoody> +1
 578 [00:42] <drs305> +1
 579 [00:42] <jgoguen> +1
 580 [00:42] <lukjadOO7> +0
 581 [00:42] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 5 for, 1 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 582 [00:42] <starcraftman> I wanted clarity on this, is it just main membership or FGs too?
 583 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 6 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 584 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 7 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 585 [00:42] <dvz-> +0
 586 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 587 [00:42] <starcraftman> +1
 588 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 9 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 589 [00:42] <MootBot> Abstention received from lukjadOO7. 9 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 8
 590 [00:42] <jgoguen> starcraftman: Main AFAIK
 591 [00:42] <paultag> starcraftman, everything
 592 [00:42] <MootBot> Abstention received from dvz-. 9 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
 593 [00:42] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 10 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 9
 594 [00:42] <lukjadOO7> +0
 595 [00:43] <nhandler> starcraftman: The ~ubuntu-beginners member list is already the official list for the team
 596 [00:43] <PabloRubianes> +1
 597 [00:43] <MootBot> +1 received from PabloRubianes. 11 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 10
 598 [00:43] <nhandler> This is just FGs now
 599 [00:43] <Silver_Fox_> Anymore votes?
 600 [00:43] <starcraftman> paultag: so we will make separate groups umbrellad under the main then eh?
 601 [00:43] <jgoguen> starcraftman: Although if you're not in the main team, you're probably also not on a FG :)
 602 [00:43] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 603 [00:43] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 1 against. 2 abstained. Total: 10
 604 [00:43] <paultag> starcraftman, yis
 605 [00:43] <nhandler> They already are starcraftman
 606 [00:43] <starcraftman> paultag: rgr
 607 [00:43] <paultag> +1 nhandler
 608 [00:43] <starcraftman> alright, I'm just checking.
 609 [00:43] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists
 610 [00:43] <MootBot> AGREED received: Use Launchpad as official member list for FGs and remove wiki lists
 611 [00:43] <paultag> You can't be in a FG without being in the UBT
 612 [00:43] <nhandler> You can participate with the FG though
 613 [00:43] <nhandler> (You just can't be an official member)
 614 [00:43] <paultag> nhandler, for sure
 615 [00:44] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC] Decision on logging of #ubuntu-beginners
 616 [00:44] <MootBot> New Topic:  Decision on logging of #ubuntu-beginners
 617 [00:44] <jgoguen> Yes, I worded that poorly
 618 [00:44] <paultag> nhandler, we have a ton of dev heads that became UBT because of dev
 619 [00:44] <paultag> nhandler, take dvz- as example :)
 620 [00:44] <nhandler> :)
 621 [00:44] <Silver_Fox_> Hmm,  easwer is not here
 622 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/images/smilies/Beating_a_dead_horse.gif
 623 [00:44] <MootBot> LINK received:  http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/images/smilies/Beating_a_dead_horse.gif
 624 [00:44] <Silver_Fox_> Heh
 625 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> I think moving the banter makes logging of the main channel more palatable to most ?
 626 [00:44] <starcraftman> logging again?
 627 [00:45] <nigel_nb> In this case, we'd be logging the place where we help
 628 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> see linky starcraftman =)
 629 [00:45] <nigel_nb> and I'm okay with that
 630 [00:45] <duanedesign> bodhi_zazen: and the logging might encourage the banter to be moved to cabaret
 631 [00:45] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]  Leave for now,  Discuss more in light of recent team channel changes
 632 [00:45] <MootBot> Please vote on:   Leave for now,  Discuss more in light of recent team channel changes.
 633 [00:45] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 634 [00:45] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 635 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> we need an up or down vote on loging
 636 [00:45] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 637 [00:45] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 638 [00:45] <lukjadOO7> -1
 639 [00:45] <MootBot> -1 received from lukjadOO7. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 0
 640 [00:45] <nigel_nb> +1
 641 [00:45] <dvz-> +0
 642 [00:45] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 2 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 643 [00:45] <MootBot> Abstention received from dvz-. 2 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 1
 644 [00:45] <starcraftman> +0
 645 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> -1
 646 [00:45] <MootBot> Abstention received from starcraftman. 2 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 1
 647 [00:45] <MootBot> -1 received from bodhi_zazen. 2 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 0
 648 [00:45] <nhandler> +0
 649 [00:45] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 2 for, 2 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 0
 650 [00:45] <PabloRubianes> +0
 651 [00:45] <MootBot> Abstention received from PabloRubianes. 2 for, 2 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 0
 652 [00:46] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 3 for, 2 against, 4 have abstained. Count is now 1
 653 [00:46] <drs305> +0
 654 [00:46] <pleia2> +1
 655 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from drs305. 3 for, 2 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 1
 656 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 4 for, 2 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 2
 657 [00:46] <jgoguen> +1
 658 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 5 for, 2 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 3
 659 [00:46] <paultag> +0
 660 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from paultag. 5 for, 2 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now 3
 661 [00:46] <Silver_Fox_> Anymore votes?
 662 [00:46] <valindil89> +0
 663 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from valindil89. 5 for, 2 against. 7 have abstained. Count is now 3
 664 [00:46] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 665 [00:46] <MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 2 against. 7 abstained. Total: 3
 666 [00:46] <nhandler> Just a reminder, only BT members should be voting
 667 [00:46] <pleia2> duanedesign: banter goes to -cafe :)
 668 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> OK, but I'm warning you, if we do not decide on logs we need to post the dead horse icon and move it off the agenda =)
 669 [00:46] <lukjadOO7> I just would like to say, that I am not comfortable being logged publically
 670 [00:47] <Silver_Fox_> Hmm,  I don't think that was passed
 671 [00:47] <Silver_Fox_> Too many abstentions?
 672 [00:47] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, +1
 673 [00:47] <nhandler> Silver_Fox_: +0s do not block
 674 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> I do not think we voted +1 on -cafe
 675 [00:47] <Silver_Fox_> Ahh,  okay
 676 [00:47] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, yeah we did :)
 677 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> I think the vote was to move banter to ##cabaret
 678 [00:47] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]  Leave channel logging until later.
 679 [00:47] <MootBot> AGREED received:   Leave channel logging until later.
 680 [00:48] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, it was the first vote IIRC
 681 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> yes, but that vote covered 3 topics
 682 [00:48] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC]Security Focus Group Plans for next year
 683 [00:48] <MootBot> New Topic: Security Focus Group Plans for next year
 684 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> and the 3 were subsequently voted on
 685 [00:48] <dvz-> Silver_Fox_: you threw me off...
 686 [00:48] <Silver_Fox_> Hmm,  cprofit is not here.
 687 [00:48] <dvz->  Silver_Fox_ > [VOTE]  Leave for now,  Discuss more in light of recent team channel changes      "Leave for now"  i thought referred to "leave the mtg for now"
 688 [00:49] <dvz-> o.O
 689 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> we do not need to vote if cprofit is not here and did not assign a proxy, just moe on
 690 [00:49] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC] Unvoice members of the beginners team in #ubuntu-beginners, it is against Irc (n)etiquette
 691 [00:49] <MootBot> New Topic:  Unvoice members of the beginners team in #ubuntu-beginners, it is against Irc (n)etiquette
 692 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> *move*
 693 [00:50] <paultag> -1
 694 [00:50] <paultag> I find this silly.
 695 [00:50] <lukjadOO7> +1
 696 [00:50] <drs305> Why?
 697 [00:50] <Silver_Fox_> Does anyone know why we should do this?
 698 [00:50] <lukjadOO7> -1
 699 [00:50] <lukjadOO7> sorry
 700 [00:50] <paultag> the use of voice is to show a member from a non-member
 701 [00:50] <drs305> Not why silly, why unvoice?
 702 [00:50] <nhandler> I am curious as to what netiquette this violates. Many teams use a similar system (including freenode staff)
 703 [00:50] <paultag> +1 nhandler
 704 [00:50] <nigel_nb> pleia2 said its frowned upon in IRC
 705 [00:50] <paultag> I disagree vehemently
 706 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> 'The use  of voice is frowned upon in Ubuntu channels, we are all "equals"
 707 [00:51] <nhandler> Being OPed when you don't need to is frowned upon, nothing wrong with voice
 708 [00:51] <nigel_nb> but if we remove voice, it would lead to bot abuse
 709 [00:51] <lukjadOO7> I would like to point out that votebot works with voice
 710 [00:51] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: It is used in a few Ubuntu channels as well
 711 [00:51] <nigel_nb> since bot would have to answer to everyone
 712 [00:51] <persia> Not that I frequent that channel, but one can usually calm a channel with social cues, rather than needing to restrict voice by technical means.  Using technical means may also dissuade new productive people from joining.
 713 [00:51] <nhandler> Don't worry about VoteBot. That should not affect our decision
 714 [00:51] <bodhi_zazen> I do not think I see voice in our channel that way, and we have so many that come and go, and we do have a very formal membership process, perhaps the most formal I know short of ubuntu membership
 715 [00:51] <paultag> +1 bodhi_zazen
 716 [00:51] <lukjadOO7> It also is a useful visual indicator to who is a team member
 717 [00:52] <paultag> +1 lukjadOO7
 718 [00:52] <nhandler> persia: Everyone can talk in the channel (it is not +m). Voice is just used to show team members
 719 [00:52] <paultag> +1 nhandler
 720 [00:52] <nhandler> Similar to #ubuntu-ops and how we voice people presenting in -classroom
 721 [00:52] <persia> Ah.  Ignore me then :)
 722 [00:52] <nhandler> :)
 723 [00:52] <paultag> persia, we are not _that_ bad ;)
 724 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> In general, the use of voice has IMO helped people know who to contact in the channel and has worked well
 725 [00:52] <starcraftman> I don't see any reason to change current policy, all I got to note.
 726 [00:52] <nhandler> I agree bodhi_zazen
 727 [00:52] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE] Unvoice members of the beginners team IN #ubuntu-beginners
 728 [00:52] <jgoguen> I think +v in our channels actually serves a purpose, a new user can come in and will see the +v people first and (I think) be more likely to ask those people things
 729 [00:52] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Unvoice members of the beginners team IN #ubuntu-beginners.
 730 [00:52] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 731 [00:52] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 732 [00:52] <pleia2> it might not be completely kosher irc netiquette-wise, but I think it's useful in -beginners
 733 [00:52] <Silver_Fox_> -1
 734 [00:52] <MootBot> -1 received from Silver_Fox_. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -1
 735 [00:52] <swoody> -1
 736 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> -1
 737 [00:52] <nhandler> It also helps spot potential new members
 738 [00:52] <MootBot> -1 received from swoody. 0 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -2
 739 [00:52] <MootBot> -1 received from bodhi_zazen. 0 for, 3 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -3
 740 [00:52] <MootBot> Private -1 vote received. 0 for, 4 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now -4
 741 [00:52] <jgoguen> -1
 742 [00:52] <PabloRubianes> -1
 743 [00:52] <MootBot> -1 received from jgoguen. 0 for, 5 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -5
 744 [00:52] <paultag> -1
 745 [00:52] <pleia2> -1
 746 [00:52] <nigel_nb> -1
 747 [00:52] <MootBot> -1 received from paultag. 0 for, 6 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -6
 748 [00:52] <MootBot> -1 received from PabloRubianes. 0 for, 7 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -7
 749 [00:53] <nhandler> -1
 750 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from pleia2. 0 for, 8 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -8
 751 [00:53] <lukjadOO7> -1
 752 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from nigel_nb. 0 for, 9 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -9
 753 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from nhandler. 0 for, 10 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -10
 754 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from lukjadOO7. 0 for, 11 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -11
 755 [00:53] <dvz-> -1
 756 [00:53] <drs305> -1
 757 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from dvz-. 0 for, 12 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -12
 758 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from drs305. 0 for, 13 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -13
 759 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> Anymore votes?
 760 [00:53] <starcraftman> -1
 761 [00:53] <MootBot> -1 received from starcraftman. 0 for, 14 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -14
 762 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 763 [00:53] <MootBot> Final result is 0 for, 14 against. 0 abstained. Total: -14
 764 [00:53] <cjohnston> wow
 765 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED] Keep voice
 766 [00:53] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Keep voice
 767 [00:53] <starcraftman> haven't had a unanimous vote in a while.
 768 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> w00t =)
 769 [00:53] <paultag> Haha, we unanimously hate that
 770 [00:53] <pleia2> :)
 771 [00:53] <paultag> w00t!!!
 772 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> [TOPIC] New Members =]
 773 [00:53] <MootBot> New Topic:  New Members =]
 774 [00:53] <nigel_nb> paultag: one big unanimous decision team
 775 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> W00T !!!
 776 [00:54] <nigel_nb> yaay!
 777 [00:54] <paultag> Who's up today?!
 778 [00:54] <dvz-> paultag: i am
 779 [00:54] <nhandler> cjohnston is up first
 780 [00:54] <Silver_Fox_> First up is cjohnston
 781 [00:54] <nigel_nb> ikt and cjohnston
 782 [00:54] <paultag> w00t! cjohnston :)
 783 [00:54] <cjohnston> o/
 784 [00:54] <nhandler> cjohnston: Do you have a link to your wiki?
 785 [00:54] <dvz-> cjohnston: word :D
 786 [00:54] <Silver_Fox_> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/cjohnston
 787 [00:54] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/cjohnston
 788 [00:54] <cjohnston> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChristopherJohnston
 789 [00:54] <nhandler> cjohnston: Do you want to tell us a little about yourself?
 790 [00:54] <nigel_nb> cjohnston is already an ubuntu member :)
 791 [00:55] <paultag> o/
 792 [00:56] <drs305> nhandler:  cj's looking on google for the answer.
 793 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> it is OK nigel_nb , we will not hold that against cjohnston
 794 [00:56] <cjohnston> IRL I am a firefighter paramedic... Around here I am one of the leads on the User Days Team, a member of the Florida LoCo
 795 [00:56] <cjohnston> lol
 796 [00:56] <nigel_nb> bodhi_zazen: lol
 797 [00:56] <paultag> cjohnston, could you tell us about what LoCo work have you done, also a bit about what you did at UDS and what's up with User Days
 798 [00:56] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE]  cjohnston  for membership
 799 [00:56] <MootBot> Please vote on:   cjohnston  for membership.
 800 [00:56] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 801 [00:56] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 802 [00:56] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 803 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 804 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 805 [00:56] <nigel_nb> +1
 806 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 807 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 808 [00:56] <nhandler> Wait a minute Silver_Fox_
 809 [00:56] <drs305> +1
 810 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 811 [00:56] <paultag> Well sonofa
 812 [00:56] <pleia2> +1
 813 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from pleia2. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 814 [00:56] <nhandler> We still have questions for him
 815 [00:56] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 816 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 817 [00:56] <paultag> That sucked
 818 [00:56] <swoody> +1
 819 [00:56] <paultag> cut off short
 820 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 821 [00:56] <drs305> too late
 822 [00:56] <paultag> +1
 823 [00:56] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 824 [00:57] <starcraftman> +1
 825 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> Sorry nhandler ,
 826 [00:57] <paultag> I like you anyway cjohnston :P
 827 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 9 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
 828 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: twss
 829 [00:57] <cjohnston> thanks paultag
 830 [00:57] <lukjadOO7> +1
 831 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjadOO7. 10 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 10
 832 [00:57] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, Ha!
 833 [00:57] <jgoguen> bodhi_zazen: :D
 834 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> Anymore votes?
 835 [00:57] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 11 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 11
 836 [00:57] <starcraftman> cjohnston: keep up the stellar work :)
 837 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 838 [00:57] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 11
 839 [00:57] <pleia2> hooray cjohnston :)
 840 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]  Yay cjohnston
 841 [00:57] <MootBot> AGREED received:   Yay cjohnston
 842 [00:57] <cjohnston> thanks starcraftman and pleia2
 843 [00:57] <nigel_nb> congrats cjohnston :)
 844 [00:57] <dvz-> ahh..+1
 845 [00:57] <paultag> cjohnston, P.S. you only got away with that because of your record ;)
 846 [00:57] <swoody> woot! congrats cjohnston :)
 847 [00:57] <nhandler> Congrats cjohnston
 848 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> Well done
 849 [00:57] <dvz-> i blacked out in FF7
 850 [00:57] <paultag> cjohnston, congrats :)
 851 [00:57] <nhandler> cjohnston: What is your LP name?
 852 [00:57] <cjohnston> thanks all
 853 [00:57] <cjohnston> chrisjohnston
 854 [00:57] <nigel_nb> dvz-: again the same thing
 855 [00:58] <cjohnston> ~chrisjohnston
 856 [00:58] <nigel_nb> dvz-: I believe u slept through mine too...lol
 857 [00:58] <dvz-> nigel_nb: hrm?
 858 [00:58] <Silver_Fox_> Next up is ikt
 859 [00:58] <dvz-> nigel_nb: lmao...ya
 860 [00:58] <duanedesign> love the pics from Florida Team Birthday Bash / Karmic Release Party, looks fun.
 861 [00:58] <Silver_Fox_> Who doesn't appear to be here.
 862 [00:58] <cjohnston> paultag: whats my record? :-x
 863 [00:58] <nhandler> And forestpiskie isn't here either
 864 [00:58] <Silver_Fox_> Okay,  any last minute things to add by anyone?
 865 [00:58] <paultag> cjohnston, your wiki is better then most, that's enough to get away with it :)
 866 [00:58] <nhandler> Silver_Fox_: Should we hold off on voting?
 867 [00:58] <paultag> Oh shoot, me Silver_Fox_
 868 [00:58] <cjohnston> lol.. thanks.. i guess
 869 [00:58] <paultag> Silver_Fox_, UFBT reunion, nhandler, POKE ;)
 870 [00:59] <nigel_nb> cjohnston: since you strong-armed quite a lot of people ;)
 871 [00:59] <nhandler> Ah yes
 872 [00:59] <Silver_Fox_> I would nhandler ,  neither ikt nor forest are here
 873 [00:59] <nhandler> Silver_Fox_: o/
 874 [00:59] <cjohnston> nigel_nb: lol
 875 [00:59] <Silver_Fox_> Go paultag
 876 [00:59] <Silver_Fox_> You have 1 minute
 877 [00:59] <paultag> nhandler, you had the original idea -- hit it up
 878 [00:59] <Silver_Fox_> Short and sweet :)
 879 [00:59] <paultag> nhandler, I'll back up where I know :)
 880 [00:59] <nhandler> The idea is to organize an online reunion of some of the older UFBT members (from back when we were the UFBT)
 881 [01:00] <nhandler> We have started putting together a list of people to hunt down
 882 [01:00] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/UFBTReunion2010
 883 [01:00] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/UFBTReunion2010
 884 [01:00] <dvz-> nhandler: we're not UFBT anymore?
 885 [01:00] <dvz-> since when?
 886 [01:00] <dvz-> O.O
 887 [01:00] <paultag> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/UFBTReunion2010
 888 [01:00] <paultag> doh, too late :)
 889 [01:00] <Silver_Fox_> Since a long time.
 890 [01:00] <lukjadOO7> dvz-: LOL
 891 [01:00] <duanedesign> what are we doing?
 892 [01:00] <duanedesign> oops
 893 [01:00] <Silver_Fox_> Okay I am going to end the meeting.  This can be carried on in #ubuntu-beginners
 894 [01:00] <paultag> duanedesign, quick, 1-2 hour event where old members come back and hang out :)
 895 [01:01] <nhandler> Silver_Fox_: Why? Nobody is after us
 896 [01:01] <nigel_nb> isnt ikt around?
 897 [01:01] <Silver_Fox_> Oh okay then nhandler  :)
 898 [01:01] <Silver_Fox_> Did't see who's next
 899 [01:01] <nigel_nb> Silver_Fox_: hold on
 900 [01:01] <dvz-> man, i remember almost all of them...
 901 [01:01] <dvz-> i feel old.
 902 [01:01] <Silver_Fox_> Carry on then
 903 [01:01] <nhandler> Feel free to add people to the list or add info about people already there
 904 [01:01] <dvz-> i still miss y_lee in -dev
 905 [01:01] <paultag> dvz-, +1
 906 [01:01] <nhandler> You can also sign up to contact and hunt down people on the list
 907 [01:02] <Silver_Fox_> Though I would like to end the meeting in next 10 minutes as it quite early here
 908 [01:02] <nigel_nb> Silver_Fox_: ikt is here
 909 [01:02] <nhandler> np Silver_Fox_
 910 [01:02] <Silver_Fox_> Hey ikt
 911 [01:02] <ikt> hello all :)
 912 [01:02] <nhandler> ikt: Do you have a link to your wiki?
 913 [01:02] <cjohnston> ikt: !
 914 [01:02] <starcraftman> lo ikt, just in time.
 915 [01:02] <ikt> yeah: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ikt
 916 [01:02] <Silver_Fox_> I would like to vote on ikt right now :)
 917 [01:02] <nhandler> ikt: And could you tell us a bit about yourself and your involvement with the BT ?
 918 [01:03] <paultag> Hold on Silver_Fox_
 919 [01:03] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ikt
 920 [01:03] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ikt
 921 [01:03] <Silver_Fox_> Thanks nhandler ,  I was just doing that :)
 922 [01:03] <paultag> ikt, do you have your UF link?
 923 [01:03] <ikt> yeah, without going into to much detail, 23 years old, heavily involved with computers and ubuntu
 924 [01:03] <paultag> ikt, you mention being active in the ABT
 925 [01:03] <cjohnston> http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=362528 <--forums
 926 [01:03] <MootBot> LINK received:  http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=362528 <--forums
 927 [01:03] <cjohnston> for itk
 928 [01:03] <cjohnston> ikt:
 929 [01:03] <paultag> ty cjohnston
 930 [01:04] <ikt> yeah paultag, visit abt daily looking for 0 reply posts
 931 [01:04] <nhandler> ikt: What have you done with the BT so far?
 932 [01:04] <paultag> ikt, how long have you been active in the community for?
 933 [01:04] <ikt> I believe it was in early 2009 that I started really getting into things
 934 [01:04] <paultag> cool :)
 935 [01:04] <dvz-> ikt, what's your favorite built in python function? :-)
 936 [01:04] <paultag> I'm all set
 937 [01:04] <paultag> oh wait, one more :)
 938 [01:04] <cjohnston> lol
 939 [01:05] <paultag> ikt, what's the airspeed of a swallow?
 940 [01:05] <paultag> unladen
 941 [01:05] <lukjadOO7> paultag I was gonna say...
 942 [01:05] <dvz-> lol..me too paultag ..you're slippin
 943 [01:05] <swoody> airspeed velocity*
 944 [01:05] <ikt> :P
 945 [01:05] <dvz-> ikt those weren't rhetorical questions either :D
 946 [01:06] <Silver_Fox_> Oh ikt  doesn't know... lets vote then :)
 947 [01:06] <paultag> :(
 948 [01:06] <Silver_Fox_> [VOTE] ikt for membership
 949 [01:06] <MootBot> Please vote on:  ikt for membership.
 950 [01:06] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 951 [01:06] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 952 [01:06] <lukjadOO7> For not knowing, -100000000000000000
 953 [01:06] <paultag> +1
 954 [01:06] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 955 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 956 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 957 [01:06] <dvz-> +1
 958 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 959 [01:06] <lukjadOO7> +1
 960 [01:06] <swoody> +1
 961 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjadOO7. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 962 [01:06] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 963 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 964 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 965 [01:06] <MootBot> Private abstention received. 6 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Count is now 6
 966 [01:06] <starcraftman> +1
 967 [01:06] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
 968 [01:06] <MootBot> Private abstention received. 7 for, 0 against. 2 abstained. Count is now 7
 969 [01:06] <Silver_Fox_> Anymore votes?
 970 [01:06] <starcraftman> can't be that bad, he's got me friended on forums :)
 971 [01:07] <nigel_nb> +1
 972 [01:07] <MootBot> +1 received from nigel_nb. 8 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
 973 [01:07] <Silver_Fox_> [ENDVOTE]
 974 [01:07] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 2 abstained. Total: 8
 975 [01:07] <swoody> woot!!! Grats ikt :D
 976 [01:07] <ikt> wooooot :)
 977 [01:07] <Silver_Fox_> [AGREED]  Ikt is in and should watch Holy Grail
 978 [01:07] <paultag> grats ikt :)
 979 [01:07] <duanedesign> yeah ikt \o/
 980 [01:07] <lukjadOO7> Anymore, or are we done?
 981 [01:07] <MootBot> AGREED received:   Ikt is in and should watch Holy Grail
 982 [01:07] <cjohnston> wtf
 983 [01:07] <paultag> Silver_Fox_, :)
 984 [01:07] <paultag> +1
 985 [01:07] <nigel_nb> I think we're done
 986 [01:07] <Silver_Fox_> :)
 987 [01:07] <cjohnston> sorry.. wtg
 988 [01:07] <ikt> ty all :)
 989 [01:07] <Silver_Fox_> I think we are done :)
 990 [01:07] <nhandler> ikt: Do you have a link to your LP profile?
 991 [01:07] <swoody> cjohnston, lol
 992 [01:07] <Silver_Fox_> Well done ikt
 993 [01:07] <lukjadOO7> Congrats ikt and cjohnston
 994 [01:07] <cjohnston> ty
 995 [01:07]  * canthus13 should rip holy grail and watch it again.
 996 [01:07] <ikt> https://launchpad.net/~noname420
 997 [01:08] <duanedesign> http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/
 998 [01:08] <MootBot> LINK received:  http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/
 999 [01:08] <Silver_Fox_> #endmeeting
1000 [01:08] <MootBot> Meeting finished at 19:08.
1001 [01:08] <Silver_Fox_> Thank you everyone.
1002 [01:08] <paultag> Later, gaters :)
1003 [01:09] <nigel_nb> Silver_Fox_: end meeting?
1004 [01:09] <nigel_nb> ah :)
1005 


CategoryBeginnersTeam

BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20100105 (last edited 2010-01-06 02:02:19 by nhandler)