Differences between revisions 1 and 2
Revision 1 as of 2010-08-10 23:51:33
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 158:||Line 158:|
|<nhandler> PabloRubianes or nUboon2Age: Either of you up for it?
* km0r3 (~email@example.com) has joined #ubuntu-meeting
<duanedesign> i can do one of them
<nUboon2Age> duanedesign: i didn't catch the whole meeting and would prefer to observe for now. thanks.
<duanedesign> ok then
<duanedesign> oh one more thing
<duanedesign> Diego is starting to organize classes that are Development related
<duanedesign> right now there is a C++ class that is taking shape
<nhandler> Hmm...I should talk to him with my classroom hat on
* oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann
<duanedesign> should start in about a week
<duanedesign> nhandler: would your idea be that it should be in #ubuntu-classroom
<duanedesign> and open/advertised to the broader community?
<nhandler> duanedesign: Probably. But I'd need to look into the nature of the classes a bit more
<duanedesign> if anyone has an idea for a class or wants to participate see the wiki page
<duanedesign> or talk to Diego. I have also been trying to get mohi to join in this effort
<duanedesign> he has done a good job organizing classes in ##learners
<duanedesign> ok i think that is it :)
<duanedesign> one more time anyone have anything to add
General Agenda Items and Proposals
PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.
- If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
- Besides voting on new members, there will be no voting at these meetings. The Beginners Team Council will review all discussions and will vote on issues once they are ready to be voted on.
Focus Group wiki pages
1 <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:02. The chair is duanedesign. 2 <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE] 3 * Ng has quit (Read error: Operation timed out) 4 * huats (~chris@ubuntu/member/huats) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 5 <duanedesign> [TOPIC] Review List Of Prospective Members In Need Of Mentor. 6 <MootBot> New Topic: Review List Of Prospective Members In Need Of Mentor. 7 <duanedesign> we have 6 people on the prospective list looking for mentors 8 <duanedesign> i cleaned this out recently... there are still a couple i have not seen in awhile 9 <nhandler> duanedesign: You are skipping your agenda item? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings 10 <duanedesign> nhandler: i was going to do it last 11 <nhandler> Ok 12 <duanedesign> or at least after a few items. In hopes some peps might show up 13 <duanedesign> peeps* 14 <duanedesign> :P 15 <duanedesign> Nu2boonage is one on the list i have seenn around a lot 16 <duanedesign> so we should at least try and make a point to get them a mentor 17 <PabloRubianes> I think I can have on Prospect 18 <PabloRubianes> as mine is having some pesonal issues with life and little time, I can help other 19 <nhandler> Great PabloRubianes. 20 <duanedesign> sounds good. 21 <duanedesign> We also need to clean up that master list 22 <nhandler> PabloRubianes: Can you inform him about this and update the wiki list? 23 <PabloRubianes> I will talk to him, if he wants me as tutor :P 24 <duanedesign> [ACTION] pablorubianes to mentor nUboon2Age 25 <MootBot> ACTION received: pablorubianes to mentor nUboon2Age 26 <duanedesign> we should make an attempt to see if those people on the list are still around 27 <duanedesign> if you see any of them around please make note of it so we can determine who is still around and in need of a mentor 28 <duanedesign> doews anyone here have a prospect? 29 * pedro3005 (~pedro@unaffiliated/pedro3005) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 30 <duanedesign> PabloRubianes: you already told us yours was having an issue 31 <duanedesign> i do :) 32 <PabloRubianes> not an issue, more like wife pregnant and little time 33 <duanedesign> malev and km0r3 are doing great 34 <duanedesign> PabloRubianes: that will do it 35 <duanedesign> :) 36 <duanedesign> i would love to try and get km0r3 and malev to be voted on soon 37 <PabloRubianes> they are cool people! 38 <duanedesign> they have shown great commitment over the last several months 39 * nUboon2Age (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 40 <duanedesign> shredder12 is another prospect i have. He has also been a prospect for awhile 41 <duanedesign> so if you have a chance get to know them as I would like to vote on them soon 42 <nhandler> I have been doing some work with phillw for a while now. 43 <duanedesign> phillw does ggreat work in #ubuntu-beginners 44 <nhandler> He has also been doing some good work in the greater community 45 <duanedesign> thats great 46 * nellery has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer) 47 <duanedesign> hello nUboon2Age 48 * nellery (~nick.elle@ubuntu/member/nickellery) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 49 <nUboon2Age> phillw: lots of work on promoting lubuntu 50 <nUboon2Age> duanedesign: hey duanedesign 51 <duanedesign> we were just talking about you :) all good of course 52 <nUboon2Age> :) 53 <duanedesign> nUboon2Age: i think PabloRubianes is going to talk to you after the meeting about being your mentor 54 <PabloRubianes> I already did 55 <nUboon2Age> PabloRubianes just came and 'got' me. :) 56 <duanedesign> well great! 57 <duanedesign> ok 58 <duanedesign> [TOPIC] Focus Group wiki pages 59 <MootBot> New Topic: Focus Group wiki pages 60 <duanedesign> i sent an email out last month outlining some focus group goals, Tasks and trying to get the mission of the Focus groups figured out 61 <duanedesign> or at least get the mission in writing so everyone understands what it is we are doing in each group 62 * ogasawara has quit (Ping timeout: 258 seconds) 63 <duanedesign> the Tasks are to be items people can reference when they want to do something for that Focus Ggroup 64 <duanedesign> i get asked a lot I am interested in * FG what cann I do 65 <duanedesign> so we have a list, and that list will also be a roadmap for that person to become better educated about that area of the community 66 <duanedesign> also our Focus Groups need to work harder at getting our members establisheed in the broader community 67 <duanedesign> if you are in the wikiFG you should be working towards 'wiki admin group' 68 <duanedesign> launchpadFG --> Bug Control 69 <duanedesign> Dev --> MOTU 70 <duanedesign> etc, etc 71 * ogasawara (~email@example.com) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 72 <nhandler> Well, working towards those teams is less important than working with them imo 73 <duanedesign> so we have a rough outline in the email i sent out. We need to take that and put it into our Focus Group wiki pages 74 <duanedesign> nhandler: that is a valid point 75 <duanedesign> if you work with them the other will come as a natural progression 76 <duanedesign> i think the Focus Group pages should follow a more uniform outline 77 <duanedesign> they should all generally want to convey the same information. There willl be variation, but for the most part they should be similar 78 <duanedesign> i think this will help make info easier to find and help insure each FG covers all its bases on their wiki page 79 <nhandler> duanedesign: Do you think it would help if we made a generic template? 80 <duanedesign> nhandler: that is a good idea. 81 <PabloRubianes> they (pages) should have info in order people get into the FGs in the propper way... 82 <nhandler> Might be a good task for the wiki fg 83 <duanedesign> the wiki FG page is pretty good 84 * ogasawara has quit (Ping timeout: 258 seconds) 85 <duanedesign> i added a little 'header' at the top of each page. With info about each team. Email, IRC channel, etc. 86 <duanedesign> someone suggesed having the lead in that group of info... 87 <duanedesign> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Wiki 88 <duanedesign> example^ 89 <nUboon2Age> note: i didn't even know about the idea of FG's until Zach explained it to me. there was little information about it on the wikis. i like the idea of creating more obvious paths for people to move through to become more involved with the community. 90 <duanedesign> nUboon2Age: that is a good point. 91 <PabloRubianes> one thing is not importan the email, as we only have one ML 92 <PabloRubianes> important* 93 * Ng (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 94 <PabloRubianes> and the Wiki FG wiki is really helpfull 95 <duanedesign> we have this page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups 96 <duanedesign> maybe incorporate some of that into the main page? 97 * blak111 (~Kevin@host-69-145-121-92.but-mt.client.bresnan.net) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 98 <duanedesign> the little table with the 'if you are interested in X see Y' 99 <duanedesign> PabloRubianes: good point about email 100 <duanedesign> I will email the list and try and get some volunteers to work on the wiki 101 <duanedesign> and talk with swoody about the wiki FG helping 102 <duanedesign> [ACTION] duanedesign email BTML about focus group wiki page reworking 103 <MootBot> ACTION received: duanedesign email BTML about focus group wiki page reworking 104 <duanedesign> [IDEA] make a template for focus group pages to follow 105 <MootBot> IDEA received: make a template for focus group pages to follow 106 * Ng has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds) 107 <duanedesign> i dont think we have anyone to vote on? 108 <PabloRubianes> i don't think so 109 <nUboon2Age> to amend what i said before about having more obvious paths to move through to get more involved w/ community, i agree with nhandler that it seems to me more important to work with a team rather than be a part of one. 110 <duanedesign> nUboon2Age: do you think adding the table that is on the Focus Group page to the mainpage would help? 111 * merriam (~email@example.com) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 112 <nUboon2Age> since people's participation waxes and wanes, and not everyone is a 'joiner', but everyone can appreciate having some structured paths, and expectation setting. 113 <duanedesign> definetly. 114 <duanedesign> I think getting the 'structured path' a little more organized for each Focus group would help alot 115 <nUboon2Age> duanedesign: adding it to which main page? 116 <nUboon2Age> oh probably you mean the BT main page. 117 <duanedesign> the beginners team main page 118 <duanedesign> :) 119 * ogasawara (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 120 <duanedesign> there was talk of redoing this page at UDS and the BT possibly helping with that. http://www.ubuntu.com/community 121 <nhandler> duanedesign: cjohnston was working on that iirc 122 <duanedesign> however that currently IMHO is beyond our resources at the moment. Would be nice to work towards having the momentum and manpower to do something like that 123 <duanedesign> nhandler: yes, he was. 124 <duanedesign> ok 125 <duanedesign> any volunteers to do post meeting tasks? 126 <nUboon2Age> duanedesign: looking at the main bt page again for the first time in a bit its definately shaping up. I like the friendly focus group buttons from the other page, so that might work. having just seen them for the first time i don't have a definite response. ;) 127 * nhandler would prefer not to do them again 128 <duanedesign> nUboon2Age: it is definetly good to get a perspective from a new eye 129 <duanedesign> Update Next meeting time on the wiki 130 <duanedesign> Keep BeginnersTeam/TeamReports updated. 131 * DavidLevin has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds) 132 <nhandler> Don't forget Send meeting minutes to ubuntu-beginners mailing list 133 * bjf has quit (Quit: Leaving) 134 <duanedesign> put the logs on the wiki 135 <duanedesign> and send to ML 136 <duanedesign> ok anything else? 137 <duanedesign> anyone? 138 <duanedesign> <.< >.> 139 <nhandler> PabloRubianes or nUboon2Age: Either of you up for it? 140 * km0r3 (~email@example.com) has joined #ubuntu-meeting 141 <duanedesign> i can do one of them 142 <PabloRubianes> yes 143 <nUboon2Age> duanedesign: i didn't catch the whole meeting and would prefer to observe for now. thanks. 144 <duanedesign> ok then 145 <duanedesign> oh one more thing 146 <duanedesign> Diego is starting to organize classes that are Development related 147 <duanedesign> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy 148 <duanedesign> right now there is a C++ class that is taking shape 149 <nhandler> Hmm...I should talk to him with my classroom hat on 150 * oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann 151 <duanedesign> should start in about a week 152 <duanedesign> nhandler: would your idea be that it should be in #ubuntu-classroom 153 <duanedesign> and open/advertised to the broader community? 154 <nhandler> duanedesign: Probably. But I'd need to look into the nature of the classes a bit more 155 <duanedesign> ok 156 <duanedesign> if anyone has an idea for a class or wants to participate see the wiki page 157 <duanedesign> or talk to Diego. I have also been trying to get mohi to join in this effort 158 <duanedesign> he has done a good job organizing classes in ##learners 159 <duanedesign> ok i think that is it :) 160 <duanedesign> one more time anyone have anything to add 161 <duanedesign> #endmeeting