- Discuss name change in response to Community Council suggestion
Introduction of "Quest for Python", a group learning effort to learn Python using "A Byte of Python" by Swaroop C H.
The Ubuntu Community Learning Project was formally presented to the Community Council
- Discussion about mentoring younger members of the team in regards to proper online etiquette
- Agreed to add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as an administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams
- Discussion about how to handle votes will take place on the mailing list, and clear guidelines will be approved at the next meeting
- Beginners Team Council will work on drafting a charter for the council, which will be voted on at the next meeting. This is in response to a team desire for the council to be more active.
- The team has been renamed to the Ubuntu Beginners Team. All team resources are currently being updated
- Decide to create a team todo list
- Discussion will take place on mailing list about having more frequent focus group meetings
- Agreed to transition IRC channels from using the ##beginners-foo naming scheme to #ubuntu-beginners-foo
Decide to hold off on requiring Beginners Team Council and Focus Group leaders to sign the Leadership Code of Conduct until it can be tracked on Launchpad.
- Agreed to keep the list of Ubuntu Members on the Beginners Team (Jedi Fellows) in order to encourage new users to work towards Ubuntu membership
Provided a status update on the Beginners Team Council Charter
Elizabeth Krumbach joined the Ubuntu Beginners Team. She has done a great job working with the Education Focus Group, and is helping to get the Ubuntu Community Learning Project off the ground.
Announcement that the Young New Users Focus Group held its first meeting.
- Announcement that the Ubuntu Beginners Team IRC Channel is now +mz as a result of some recent incidents that transpired.
- Announcement that the Education Focus Group is still involved with the Ubuntu Community Learning Project, and they are currently discussing which license to use for courses.