← Revision 234 as of 2012-10-27 04:06:09
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
|== Localized installer CD ==
''' TO BE UPDATED IN 2011 '''
Join the effort at [[BelgianTeam/LocalizedCD]] !
|== Localized installer USB ==
Download the ISO at [[BelgianTeam/LocalizedUSB]] !
|Line 76:||Line 75:|
| * Ubuntu-be will be present at [[BelgianTeam/2011/FoireDuLibre-LLN-2011-04-06 | The Foire du Libre in Louvain-la-Neuve]] on 06/04/2011 and at [[BelgianTeam/2011/Rewics-2011-05-04 | REWICS 2011 in Charleroi]] on 04/05/2011
* Ubuntu-be did his part at the Digital Week [[BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek/2011 | 2011]] and [[BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek/2010 | 2010]]
* Ubuntu-be was present at [[Fosdem/2011 | Fosdem 2011]], [[Fosdem/2010 | Fosdem 2010]], Fosdem 2009, [[BelgianTeam/Fosdem/Brussels_2008 | Fosdem 2008]] and [[BelgianTeam/Fosdem/Brussels_2007 | Fosdem 2007]]
* Software Freedom Day [[BelgianTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay/2010 | 2010]] and [[BelgianTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay/2009 | 2009]]
| * Ubuntu-be was present at [[BelgianTeam/2011/FoireDuLibre-LLN-2011-04-06 | The Foire du Libre in Louvain-la-Neuve]] on 06/04/2011 and at REWICS-Charleroi in [[BelgianTeam/2012/Rewics-2012-04-18 | 2012]] and [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/2011/Rewics-2011-05-04 | 2011]]
* Ubuntu-be and the Digital Week : [[BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek/2012 | 2012]], [[BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek/2011 | 2011]] and [[BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek/2010 | 2010]]
* Ubuntu-be was present at Fosdem 2012, [[Fosdem/2011 | Fosdem 2011]], [[Fosdem/2010 | Fosdem 2010]], Fosdem 2009, [[BelgianTeam/Fosdem/Brussels_2008 | Fosdem 2008]] and [[BelgianTeam/Fosdem/Brussels_2007 | Fosdem 2007]]
* Software Freedom Day [[BelgianTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay/2011 | 2011]], [[BelgianTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay/2010 | 2010]] and [[BelgianTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay/2009 | 2009]]
The Ubuntu-be team wants to grow the local ecosystem of individuals, companies, non-profits and governmental and intergovernmental institutions working with Ubuntu Linux in and very close to Belgium. To achieve this, we follow a two-pronged approach:
- In areas where location is key to success (example: install parties), ubuntu-be team members do the work.
- In areas where language is key to success (examples: documentation, online support), we refer people to their respective language project (ubuntu-nl, ubuntu-fr, ubuntu-de, ubuntu-tr, ubuntu-ku, ...).
Ubuntu-be members publish and coordinate their efforts with the different local, regional, language community and national levels involved in mind. Special attention goes to nl_be - fr_be coordination.
For the mission statement of Ubuntu itself you can take a look at: http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu
List of current volunteers: https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-be
Who is Responsible for what? : BelgianTeam/Responsibility
A list of the people with their skills and competences : BelgianTeam/Skills
Links to pictures of us and our activities can be found on the page of the even itself (see Activities, Fair Booths & Events.
You can also search for the ubuntube Flickr tag.
To join us:
Subscribe to the Ubuntu-be mailing list
- Send a message to the list telling who you are and why you are interested in becoming a member.
Create an account in http://launchpad.net if you don't already have one
If you want to do serious volunteer work, apply for membership at https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-be .
Currently, Ubuntu-be is an informal organization of Ubuntu enthusiasts. As such, our realizations are mostly the action of willing individuals acting on their own. There is a ongoing reflexion on how to to organize ourself more effectively at BelgianTeam/TeamOrganization. Feel free to join the discussion.
Ubuntu-be mailing list People from all Belgian language communities are on this list. Please write your message in English or at your discretion in one of the official Belgian languages.
This mailing list is not a help or press desk. It is for team coordination only! Off topic requests possibly won't get any response. If you're lucky they get forwarded to the appropriate channel. There's a page dedicated to user support.
IRC: irc.freenode.net , channel #ubuntu-be. This IRC channel is not a help or press desk. It is for team coordination only! Off topic requests possibly won't get any response. If you're lucky they get forwarded to the appropriate channel.
We plan to have frequent IRC meetings, see BelgianTeam/IrcMeetings for more information.
We had other meetings, some online and some in real life, see BelgianTeam/PastMeetings.
Belgium specific documentation
Looking for documentation on Belgian topics, see
Wanting to share your knowledge of Belgian specific topics, see BelgianTeam/BeDocs for information on how and where to do it.
Belgian Team Press Releases : BelgianTeam/PressReleases
Education and courses
Localized installer USB
Download the ISO at BelgianTeam/LocalizedUSB !
Activities, Fair booths & Events
Ubuntu Release party's BelgianTeam/ReleaseParty
Ubuntu-be volunteers participate in most of the Dipro computer fairs: BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs
Ubuntu Release Actions BelgianTeam/ReleaseActions
availability of BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial
where to buy a laptop without Operating System, or with Ubuntu installed BelgianTeam/OsLessLaptopShops
Ubuntu-be.org volunteers show their enthousiasm to potential converts by distributing CD's, giving demonstrations and helping to install Ubuntu for the first time. Those volunteers registered themselves as support points, you can find them at: http://ubuntu-be.org/en/supporters
the volunteer manual can be found at: http://ubuntu-be.org/en/content/513/support-point-manual
For a current TODO list, please take a look at the Ubuntu-be Bugsection on the Launchpad. For a list with ideas concerning the Website and the Wiki you can view / post ideas and brainspins at the Website Overview page.