The Ubuntu Bug Squad is an essential asset in helping to make Ubuntu and its derivatives better.
The Bug Squad is the first point contact for the bugs filed against Ubuntu. They assign bugs to packages, ensure that bug reports are complete, find duplicate bug reports, recreate bugs and forward bugs to their upstream authors. All of these activities improve the chance of the bug getting fixed and making Ubuntu even better.
Triaging bugs is a great way to learn about Ubuntu and how the operating system works. You may also discover new parts of the operating system you didn't know about!
Latest Development Version
- 2007-08-23 Gutsy Tribe 5 Released
Learn more at the [http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/tribe5 announcement]
- Bugs you might see duplicates of:
[https://launchpad.net/bugs/134227] Restricted Manager notifies users about availability of restricted drivers in Live environment
[https://launchpad.net/bugs/131976] Printing does not work in the Live environment
[https://launchpad.net/bugs/133824] X fails to start with some Intel chipsets
[https://launchpad.net/bugs/134225] usplash does not run on the Kubuntu desktop CD
[https://launchpad.net/bugs/131209] On Kubuntu "Check CD" does not work
- Noteworthy Gutsy Changes
- '/etc/iftab' has been deprecated in favor of '/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules'
- 2007-08-22 Gutsy - new kernel version 2.6.22-10 available
resolves bug [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/129226 129226] - Oops on resume bug report for dual core systems
resolves bug [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/127163 127163] - no ICH8 Mobile PATA Controller support for pciid 0x8086 0x2850
- 2007-08-07 Gutsy - 2.6.22-9 resume bug
- Some users with dual core systems are receiving a kernel Oops when resuming from suspend or hibernate
Learn more at the [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/129226 master bug report]
- When identifying duplicates look at the "Call Trace:" portion of the kernel oops