Sunday, October 5th, 2014, 7:00pm (1900) PT

Original Agenda

  1. 14.10 Release parties

If you have anything else you'd like to add to the agenda, or want to make some changes, please feel free to edit it. Please include an explanation of your item if it's not immediately apparent. Decisions on agenda items added within 48 hours of the start of the meeting may be postponed until the next meeting. Adding your item well in advance helps everyone collaborate and avoids last minute surprises.

Our meetings are held every other Sunday at 7:00pm (19:00) PT / 02:00 UTC in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-ca on freenode. All interested people are welcome to join us. For questions or help connecting, check out the InternetRelayChat page or use the Web client linked from the Contact page.

   1 [02:01] <pleia2> #startmeeting
   2 [02:01] <darthrobot> Meeting started Mon Oct  6 02:01:25 2014 UTC.  The chair is pleia2. Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
   3 [02:01] <darthrobot> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
   4 [02:01] <pleia2> #chair rww philballew
   5 [02:01] <darthrobot> Current chairs: philballew pleia2 rww
   6 [02:01] <rww> o/
   7 [02:01] <pleia2> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/14October05
   8 [02:01] <darthrobot> Title: [CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/14October05 - Ubuntu Wiki]
   9 [02:01] <pleia2> we have an item!
  10 [02:01] <pleia2> #topic 14.10 Release parties
  11 [02:02] <pleia2> so, as far as San Francisco goes, bkerensa has been working to get us space at the SF Mozilla office
  12 [02:02] <pleia2> us == the team (not me, I'll be out of town)
  13 [02:02] <pleia2> jyo is going to be running this party
  14 [02:02]  * ianorlin can't make it up there
  15 [02:03] <jyo> o/
  16 [02:03] <elky> o/
  17 [02:03] <ianorlin> o/
  18 [02:04] <pleia2> hopefully details for the SF party will be available soon, last I heard bkerensa was working to firm up the room reservation
  19 [02:04] <pleia2> we also need this page updated, and a Utopic page created: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects
  20 [02:04] <darthrobot> Title: [CaliforniaTeam/Projects - Ubuntu Wiki]
  21 [02:04] <pleia2> can someone take care of that?
  22 [02:04] <pleia2> Trusty Release should be moved to Completed and a similar Utopic page made
  23 [02:04] <rww> I'll do it.
  24 [02:04] <pleia2> thanks rww :)
  25 [02:05] <pleia2> any other plans for parties anywhere in the state?
  26 [02:05] <pleia2> nhaines? philballew?
  27 [02:05] <rww> #action rww to update Projects page and add Utopic Release project
  28 [02:05] <darthrobot> ACTION: rww to update Projects page and add Utopic Release project
  29 [02:05] <nhaines> Unfortunately I'm at a convention that weekend!
  30 [02:06] <rww> nhaines: which one?
  31 [02:06] <nhaines> rww: Freedom From Religion Foundation National Convention.
  32 [02:06] <rww> nice
  33 [02:07]  * ianorlin doesn't really know people
  34 [02:07] <nhaines> Should be fun.
  35 [02:07] <nhaines> ianorlin: a party's a good way to get to know people.  :)
  36 [02:07]  * ianorlin knows but I don't really want to ask strangers
  37 [02:07] <elky> ask for what?
  38 [02:08] <ianorlin> a place for a party
  39 [02:08] <jyo> nhaines: but parties are often woefully lacking in USB ports. :( ;P
  40 [02:08] <ianorlin> I think If I brought a desktop and bought like 2 pci cards I could have 17 usb ports
  41 [02:09] <ianorlin> not sure my seasonic psu can handle that much 5v
  42 [02:09] <pleia2> well, if anyone else on the team does want to run a party, several of us here have run them, so feel free to ask
  43 [02:09] <pleia2> for help, recommendations, etc
  44 [02:09] <pleia2> #topic Any Other Business
  45 [02:10] <pleia2> SF Ubuntu Hour (and Debian Dinner!) coming up on Wednesday: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/2909-ubuntu-hour-san-francisco/
  46 [02:10] <rww> Reminder that council elections are in January, so you should be thinking about whether you want to nominate yourselves for that when the time comes.
  47 [02:10] <darthrobot> Title: [Ubuntu Hour San Francisco | Ubuntu LoCo Team Portal]
  48 [02:10] <rww> (you do)
  49 [02:10] <nhaines> Spared from the tedious task of thinking!
  50 [02:11] <jyo> you as in me or you as in you?
  51 [02:11] <pleia2> everyone but pleia2
  52 [02:11] <rww> ^
  53 [02:11] <ianorlin> busy pleia2 is busy
  54 [02:11] <pleia2> also have a Berkeley Ubuntu Hour coming up a week from now, next Sunday: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/2693-ubuntu-hour-berkeley/
  55 [02:11] <darthrobot> Title: [Ubuntu Hour Berkeley | Ubuntu LoCo Team Portal]
  56 [02:11] <pleia2> I want pizza, might go if I can sort out my schedule by then :d
  57 [02:11] <pleia2> also yay Ubuntu
  58 [02:12] <nhaines> +1 pizza
  59 [02:13] <ianorlin> hmm do most of the socal people live around in LA
  60 [02:13] <jyo> wow, haven't been to Bobby G's in years...
  61 [02:13] <rww> i've still never been :[
  62 [02:14]  * ianorlin hasn't either
  63 [02:16] <pleia2> it's the best pizza around
  64 [02:16]  * elky checks for compatibility
  65 [02:17] <pleia2> they have gluten free
  66 [02:17] <pleia2> For a gluten-free option, choose any small pizza and substitute our house-made dough for a 100% gluten-free (and vegan) Mariposa Bakery crust for an additional $3.00.
  67 [02:17] <pleia2> :D
  68 [02:17] <elky> yay
  69 [02:17] <elky> maybe we'll get there one day
  70 [02:17] <pleia2> ok, anything else before we wrap up?
  71 [02:18]  * ianorlin doesn't have anything else
  72 [02:18] <pleia2> ok, thanks everyone :)
  73 [02:19] <pleia2> #endmeeting

CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/14October05 (last edited 2014-10-09 05:04:23 by lyz)