|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|To do:||==== To do: ====|
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
=== Similar events ====
Partimus.org is a Bay Area non-profit organization which provides repurposed computers running free software to students and schools who need them.
The organization now works with 6 schools in the bay area by providing hardware and Ubuntu LTS deployments and support. The current infrastructure for the labs can be found in the School Lab In A Box Guide, prepared by Partimus volunteers.
Christian Einfeldt will regularly email the mailing list with requests for local volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities arise during weekdays and weekends, and frequently pizza is supplied to the volunteers.
December 15, 2010 Fund Raiser
a dinner fund raiser and computer harvesting drive is afoot...
- Setup signup method
eventbrite.com (lyz handling)
- Announce... invite everybody - teachers, families of students, lugs, artists, bay-area do good-ers
- Get sponsors for seed money, door prizes, and refreshments.
- Sources: local IT leaders/companies, shops where geek gear is sold, shops were art gear is sold, local catering / grocery, tickets to museums and performance arts --- offer program guide, web link, coupon passout, or other promotional consideration for their generosity.
- Recruit volunteers to help triage incoming hardware, conduct tour, and serve food
- Download some free mood music from archive.org
- Send reminders with announcements of door prizes and sponsors to registered people and other interested groups the Monday before
- Volunteer briefing one hour before
- Setup the space to be welcoming. Make sure food will be ready for the guests.
- Hold an awesome event
- Followup issues: donor receipts, cleanup, warehousing the hardware, contact potential volunteers, inform all who attended of the next event
=== Similar events ==== http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/03/austin-texas-linux-against-poverty-2010.html