Re-Approval Application for Catalan LoCo Team (ubuntu-cat)
The Ubuntu Catalan LoCo Team is a very active, growing group of people that supports and spreads Ubuntu amongst the Catalan speaking community. It is the most important resource of information about Ubuntu in this language. We are a very heterogeneus and varied group of people focused on spreading the free software philosophy, specially Ubuntu. We are in a continuous improving process, and have several projects in mind that will be done by our different workgroups in the near (or not-so-near) future.
Date - April 20th, 2010
Team Contact - Rafael Carreras <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Membership - 222 members as of May 15th, 2007
Official Page: http://www.ubuntu.cat/
IRC Channel: #ubuntu-cat at irc.freenode.net
Identi.ca group: !ubuntaires
May 22th and 23th, 2010 - Release party 10.04 - Lucid Lynx Release Party in València.
April 6th, 2010: Ubuntu presentation in Sabadell in a dinner-chat about free software. Pictures
- January 28th, 2010: Ubuntu 9.10 presentation and install party (January 30th) at the Library of Caldes de Montbui.
January 23rd, 2010 : Install party at Cooperativa Germinal. Pictures: 1
December 12th, 2009 - Ubuntaire's (Catalan Loco member) summit. Our first summit to discuss about the Loco and how to improve it.
November 11th, 2008 : Install-Intrèpid (8.10 Release Party) in València (L'Horta Nord).
September 13th, 2008 : First Freevial anniversary. Questions sprint. Pictures: 1
May 18th, 2008: Loco's First anniversary family trip. Pictures: 1.
October 18th, 2007 : GrescaGutsy - Gutsy Gibbon Welcome Party @València!
September 15th, 2007: Collaboration in the Software Freedom Day 2007 in Barcelona.
May 5th, 2007: Jordi Alins, LoCo member of the Spread Workgroup, is attending the UbuCon in Seville, with a lecture about the Ubuntu diffusion between adult population, from a constructivistic pedagogic perspective.
/February 17th, 2007 : Trobada07.02 - First Team encounter./
Previous work put in our original LoCo Aproval Application|https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CatalanTeam/ApprovalApplication]]
We have two different mailing lists:
equip (team): this one is an, open to everybody, organizational purpose list, to help the team manage the daily tasks without messing in the info list.
info (technical help): as the description states, is where people ask for help with their Ubuntu problems.
ACTUALITZAR ESTADÍSTIQUES!! D'on es poden treure???
- High activity planet with 2 daily news and 14 blogging sources.
New Drupal-based website: http://www.ubuntu.cat
- Main communication channel with the community.
- Maps with the community members location and another with the events locations, linking to its information.
- Points to forum, mailing lists, irc channel and wiki, to allow new people to know just one only reference point for all the Loco resources.
- Catalan translation of the help.ubuntu.com site from version 8.10 upwards. Not completed, but improving.
Logs from the IRC channel are in http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode/.
IRC : We have an online meeting the 1st and 16th of every month at 22:00h (local time) where we talk about our current projects and Team status. We maintain a wiki copy of all our meeting's logs for easy reading and consulting.
- Ubuntu - Feisty Fawn - Catalan Remix
- Available at internet since 20/04/07, just ONE day after the official release, in Ubuntu and Kubuntu flavours. We also presented lightscribe gold editions to Feisty's release party assistants.
Active artwork team development: LoCo logo, desktop backgrounds, document templates, party announcements, t-shirt designs, stikers designs, pins designs, CD covers...