|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|For build instruction, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Chromium/Build||For build instructions, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Chromium/Build|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
=== debian/copyright ===
* src tarball needs a full review
* debian/licensecheck.pl is an attempt to simply the task
This is a list of TODO & WIP for Chromium in Ubuntu.
For build instructions, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Chromium/Build
The Ubuntu packaging branch is located in LP: bzr branch lp:chromium-browser
Daily debs for Hardy to Karmic: https://edge.launchpad.net/~chromium-daily/+archive/ppa
- src tarball needs a full review
- debian/licensecheck.pl is an attempt to simply the task
- contributed pre-gyp patch lost, needs to be redone with gyp :P
- unpatched and already in the archive: zlib, bzip2, libevent, libxml2, pcre, xslt
- patched: icu, libjpeg, hunspell(?), libpng, libsqlite3(?), lzma_sdk(?), ffmpeg (multi-threaded)
- other: v8, webkit, skia, gtest, libtest, gmock, googleurl, modp_b64, breakpad_client(not needed)
- a lot of duplicated code making the debs unnecessary huge
chromium-browser_220.127.116.11~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_amd64.deb (17.3 MiB) chromium-browser_18.104.22.168~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_i386.deb (17.3 MiB) chromium-browser_22.214.171.124~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_lpia.deb (15.2 MiB) chromium-browser-dbg_126.96.36.199~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_amd64.deb (123.0 MiB) chromium-browser-dbg_188.8.131.52~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_i386.deb (123.0 MiB) chromium-browser-dbg_184.108.40.206~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_lpia.deb (117.2 MiB) chromium-testsuite_220.127.116.11~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_amd64.deb (184.6 MiB) chromium-testsuite_18.104.22.168~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_i386.deb (184.6 MiB) chromium-testsuite_22.214.171.124~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_lpia.deb (169.7 MiB) chromium-testsuite-dbg_126.96.36.199~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_amd64.deb (724.4 MiB) chromium-testsuite-dbg_188.8.131.52~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_i386.deb (724.3 MiB) chromium-testsuite-dbg_184.108.40.206~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3_lpia.deb (684.3 MiB) chromium-browser_220.127.116.11~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3.diff.gz (11.7 KiB) chromium-browser_18.104.22.168~svn20090708r20142-0ubuntu1~ucd3.dsc (2.0 KiB) chromium-browser_22.214.171.124~svn20090708r20142.orig.tar.gz (114.4 MiB)
- load time penalty?
- package it as an optional deb? most users don't need it
- (for the HTML5 audio/video tags)
DONE as an in-source lib using flags from http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/deps/third_party/ffmpeg/README.chromium (should probably be a system-lib)
- Provides ogg/vorbis/theora, but no mp4/h264.
- Some issues with sound blocking the tab / whole browser
- DONE using direct patching. This needs to be improved using gyp switches/env.
- Causes problem with --debug: the main binary has to be go-r, which brings no extra security as the binaries are publicly available (anyone can fetch the .deb and extract it)
- starting to work, somehow.
- need to ship a link in flashplugin-installer (possible in karmic, very unlikely before)
crashes in InitializePlugin() [free() of invalid pointer]
extensions / addons
- add the extension flags to the launcher script?
--enable-extensions --load-extension="/some/path"how to provide both a system path and a user path?
- package a few extensions
- most requested are adblock, greasemonkey and noscript
- there are only 4 lang packs shipped in the main package
they are hardcoded (see http://is.gd/1slJQ). It doesn't scale.
- integration with launchpad translations?
- dicts are downloaded on demand, should use the system dicts instead