June

  • Set up poll for IRC Council member
  • 2012-06-07 Meeting (log):

    • Bot summary

    • Actions:
      • ACTION: dholbach to mail ~soaringsky about Defining support
      • ACTION: dholbach to talk to sabdfl about the CoC update
      • ACTION: Gwaihir to mail Forums Council about next meeting
    • Catch up with Edubuntu Council:
      • Little to do for the Edubuntu Council itself.
      • Great 12.04 release.
      • Some activity in the team.
      • 2 people from zentyal doing some work for edubuntu server (integration between zentyal and schooltool)
      • upgrading the website to drupal 7
      • dozen interview lined up for the website to showcase what schools and organisations are doing with edubuntu (on-hold because of website upgrade)
      • collaborate with Kubuntu team on supporting http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html

      • contributors mostly involved with LTSP
      • get 5-10 requests via website each week
      • want to try public hang-outs
      • long-term aim for 14.04 is having a complete school solution, technology wise. Thin clients, work stations, tablets and servers
      • long-term goals need to finalised and announced by Edubuntu Council
  • 2012-06-21 Meeting (log):

    • Bot summary

    • Catch up with Forums Council
      • Greatest concern is that they still having hardware issues, spammers, and anxiously awaiting upgrade
        • Outstanding ticket 16733 which details the process with Canonical IS so far
        • Upgrade to v4 is blocked by continued SSO (single sign in) issues
        • Spam prevention software requires v4
        • When asked how much time is spent on handling spam now:
          • Iowan: It's what I do most of he time - and I miss 75%
          • coffeecat: I personally spent 2-4 hours per day for 14 days finding and banning toxic email domains.
        • dholbach suggested liaising with the folks in #canonical-sysadmin directly to move things forward
        • CC to review the ticket and see if there is any way they can help
        • The question of whether SSO is really required for the v4 upgrade, will follow up with sabdfl
      • Most sections of forums continue to be busy
      • No current issues with dispute resolution or similar
      • Continue to have contributors who are applying to become Ubuntu Members
    • IRC Council Poll closes today, once it's closed the CC will review the poll and make an announcement to the IRC folks about their new council member
    • CoC review is ongoing, CC needs to define what still needs to be reviewed
  • Announced new IRC Council member

CommunityCouncil/TeamReports/12/June (last edited 2012-06-22 22:27:07 by lyz)