Dag Rune Sneeggen
Been playing with computers ever since we got a Compaq Presario back in 1994. Been playing with Linux/*BSD since around 1999/1998. Now have my own pseudo-successful hosting company, as well as being involved in a number of development projects and communities.
I'm involved in Linux mainly because it's terribly fun, but also because I honestly believe its the best implementation of an Operative System to this day. (An honourable mention goes to the now dead BeOS!)
Do check out my Curriculum Vitæ those who feels its intersting!
- Project Administrator and Lead Developer: Tapper Package Manager
- Active in a random range of Open Source bug fixing and detecting.
- Active on a number of technical Linux/*BSD mailing list and IRC channels.
CEO of the IT Consulting business dudcore Consulting AS
Creator of the development wiki/community NixDev
- Deep knowledge of following languages:
- I can hack my way around the following languages pretty darn well:
- Visual Basic
- "Old-school" languages I've been known to enjoy:
- Intel x86 Assembly
- Locomotive BASIC (Eg, Amstrad CPC console programming)
- Casio CFX-9850 programming(Whatever the language is called...)
Computers Under My Power
- Main desktop home PC
- AMD Athlon64 3000+
- 1GB RAM
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux 64bit OS
- Main server
- Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz
- 2GB ECC RAM
- Multiple Tier-1 Gbps connectivity
- FreeBSD latest
- Second server
- VPS @ bytemark.co.uk
- Debian Sarge GNU/Linux OS
- Amstrad CPC464
- Zilog Z80 @ 4 MHz
- 64KB RAM + 32KB ROM
- CP/M 2.2 OS
- Luxor ABC80
- Z80A @ 3.5 MHz
- 16KB RAM
- BASIC-in-ROM OS
Currently aiming at being accepted to a good UK university for a Bachelour/Master Degree with Honours for the 2006 semester.