- My full name is Dax Solomon Umaming from Baguio City, Philippines
- Got into Ubuntu during the Hoary release back in 2005
- I'm into Python, C++, Java, and PHP/MySQL
- Currently employed at Benguet Electric Cooperative, Inc. as a Radio Operator (but technically doing software development tasks)
- Email: knightlust at ubuntu.com
- IRC: Knightlust and Igorot at irc.freenode.net
Summary of Contributions
My contributions on Ubuntu has been quite diverse - from Bug Management to Translations. I've spent the bulk of my contributions getting our LoCo team back on its feet. And I'm currently working on getting projects translated to Philippine Languages (and there's a lot!).
Detailed List of Contributions
LoCo Team Contact from March 24, 2009 to August 30, 2010
Submission our Mailing List to Gmane (for those who prefers newsgroups)
Resurrected our Website from the ashes of Mekong (but now working on getting Canonical hosting due to 110mb's downtime)
Continuous improvement of the Ubuntu-PH website.
Cleanup of our team wiki (when Mekong's still up)
Revive deferred Projects
I'm an Administrator of our Website (see note below)
Documented LoCo accomplishments via Timeline
In touch with Arne Goetje who already assigned the following languages under our Launchpad Team
- Bikol and
- (Ongoing) Getting the above listed languages added to glibc
Moderator of Ubuntu-Users
Administrator of Xubuntu-Devel with Cody Somerville
Moderator of libc-help
Note: all presentations and handouts were also linked on the Presentations Wiki.
Continuous updates of our PhilippineTeam wiki
Update: MSI Wind U100
Addition: Genius Colorpage Vivid 4X
Addition: HP PSC 1210v Installation
Clean-up: HP Printer Installation
- speaking engagement at University of Pangasinan this August 2011
Advocated the use of Ubuntu at Benguet Electric Cooperative, Inc.
participated in the 1st North Luzon Free / Open Source Software (FOSS) Conference
- SFD2009 at the University of Baguio
- Jaunty Release Party (organized by Allan Caeg)
Xubuntu Training for the faculty and staff of Computer Studies at Our Lady of Lourdes College Foundation, Daet, Camarines Norte back in April 11, 2007 and again on June 29-30, 2007.
I created the HTML-only Ubuntu and Kubuntu Dapper Virtual Desktops together with Windows 2000 & XP used by Call Center Associates as a troubleshooting tool at ClientLogic - back in 2006 when I was still employed there.
- Translation Upstream Merges
- LPI Certification and Ubuntu Certified Professional