Fixed spelling of my last name.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|* GUADEC||* Desktop Summit|
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
|== GUADEC ==||== Desktop Summit ==|
For minutes of previous meetings, please see DesktopTeam/Meeting.
- Rick Spencer (rickspencer3) - chair
- Alexander Sack (asac)
- Tony Espy (awe)
- Bryce Harrington (bryce)
- Chris Cheney (calc)
- Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
Ken VanDine (kenvandine)
- Martin Pitt (pitti)
- Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
- Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje) - Vacation
- Robert Ancell (robert_ancell) - Out of timezone
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Welcome awe
- Desktop Summit
- Triaging versus Bug Fixing/Closing in Karmic
- Review activity reports
- Any other business
Outstanding actions from last meeting
- ACTION: rickspencer3 to get definitive list of who has talks at all hands to double check that everyone who has one is prepared
- Result: have pinged a couple of people, but haven't gotten such a list yet, will carry over
Actions from this meeting
Tony is joining the desktop team 80% of his time for the Karmic cycle. To start off he will be working with asac to identify some interesting NM related work, and to engage in the UDS process.
- Are blueprints all submitted?
- pitti and rickspencer3 will review, sort, prioritize, etc... by eod Thur
Need a definitive list of who is going, and when. Also, do you have papers to present.
Mon - Thur
Triaging versus Bug Fixing/Closing in Karmic
- Pain is felt across the team, clear that the current balance is not right.
- We should have a UDS session for this, so won't do problem solving in team meeting.
- How to move forward must be a *team* decision, with shared principles. Though each product area has special needs, so implementation may look different for everyone.
- We should take bold action in Karmic, not got for a 10% or 20% increase in productivity, but 1000%.
Alexander Sack (asac)
- mozilla backports
- yet another firefox security update
- fix mozilla build failure in karmic that was uncovered by gcc 4.4
- investigate daily bot + launchpad/soyuz issues; discussed with cprov and identified why latest launchpad doesn't handle lots of uploads in one batch properly anymore (LP: #371640)
- mentor mozillateam members about how to maintain daily bzr branches to get more eyes caring for those builds
- work with Jazzva on fixing prism trunk builds
- network-manager bug triage; evaluating fixes for jaunty SRU
- finding root-cause for weird dbus permission issues for some PPP/VPN users in jaunty; discussed and found potential fix for that with upstream - LP: #371291 (PPP) + LP: #360818 (VPN)
finished network-manager 0.7.1 hardy backports for NetworkManager and got verification from community that this works
- started to gather input from other teams on browser/network needs
- more thoughts on karmic tasks
Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)
- Dealing with Malayalam translations in Rosetta. The Malayalam
translators requested to revert all translated string back to upstream (Packaged).
- Discussion with Jeroen Vermeulen about the Malayalam translations and
rolling back to upstream translations in general.
Preparing talk for AllHands
Bryce Harrington (bryce)
- Sponsored: -intel (LP: #371544), mesa (LP: #368049), -ati
- Karmic merges: fglrx-installer, -ati, -nv
- Wrote a getting started page for Ubuntu-X
- Started drafting a KMS howto:
- Focused most of week into solving X.org freeze bug.
- A suitable workaround was found and currently in testing.
- Addressing various concerns about -intel performance.
- (Needs backports of kernel patches by kernel team.)
- Triaging, upstreaming UXA bugs. Wrote LPL script to report on
- current status of UXA bugs in lp and fdo.
Chris Cheney (calc)
- Working on OOo 3.1.0 packaging. Almost done for all: hardy/intrepid/jaunty/karmic
- Had the following packages synced for OOo 3.1.0 - icu, flute-openoffice.org, libbase-openoffice.org, libfonts-openoffice.org, libformula-openoffice.org, liblayout-openoffice.org, libloader-openoffice.org, librepository-openoffice.org, libserializer-openoffice.org, libxml-openoffice.org, pentaho-reporting-flow-engine-openoffice.org
- Weekly OOo Release Status Meeting - OOo 3.1.0 final later this week
- Weekly desktop team meeting
- Meeting with Michael Frey about new position
- Lots of OOo bug triage
Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
- Merges, cmake, kdelibs, kde4libs, qt4, pkg-kde-tools, kdepimlibs,
- Pondered, discussed and registered UDS specs
- wrote and discussed MIR for xmlrpc-c
- filled in preformance review and for colleague
- oversaw KDE 4.2.3 packaging for jaunty by ninjas
- more merges
- KDE 4.3 beta packaging
Ken VanDine (kenvandine)
- Upgraded to Karmic
- U1 testing, bug reporting and debugging
- Reviewed libindicator API docs
- Worked with the OLS team to define acceptance criteria for U1 in Karmic
- Message indicator session for Ubuntu Open Week
- UDS Karmic planning
- U1 testing, bug reporting and debugging
- Continue to work on acceptance criteria for U1 in Karmic
- Ayatana planning for Karmic
Martin Pitt (pitti)
Just a four-day week, Friday was a national holiday.
Currently open stable/milestoned bugs:
334446 (Remove gnome-pilot from the default ubuntu install): simple to do, needs some discussion though
- Tons of SRU processing
- Various bug fixes in apport, f-spot, hal, hal-info
- Prepared two blueprints for UDS karmic
Updated gnome-power-manager (mega-merge), now using DeviceKit-Powre
- Packaged devicekit-disks, gnome-disk-utility, libatasmart
- Packaged gvfs with devicekit support, in ubuntu-desktop PPA; some things don't work yet, but by and large looking good
- Heavy testing of U1, filed some bugs
- upgraded to Karmic and -intel 2.7.0 video driver, filed major bug upstream, update my other reported bugs against -intel
- Done: grep, mcrypt, po-debconf, ttf-tmuni, asciidoc, backuppc, gconf, gnome-mount, gthumb, gzip, latex-beamer, libdv, nis, pbuilder, tzdata
- Outstanding: gthumb (merged, but f****ng autotools breakage), texlive-extra (no time yet)
- Uploaded: alacarte, ekiga, f-spot, gnome-themes, lintian
- Reviewed, needs fixing: libmtp, dbus-python, tomboy
Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
- lot of desktop bugs triage after jaunty
- archive admin work, initial karmic autosync run, manual syncing and
NEW queue cleaning
- started on desktop merges for karmic: desktop-file-utils gedit
gtkhtml rhythmbox gnome-media gftp libxml++ poppler libxklavier nautilus gnome-pkg-tools libgnome rarian
- some desktop bugs fix in karmic and sru uploads to jaunty
- listed desktop components and who is working on what
- booked flights for dxteam sprint
Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)
- General triaging
- Accepted to do lightning speech at GUADEC: Practical Part-Time Refactoring (gcalctool)
- Preparing blueprint for UDS: Compiz bug management
352041 - Ekiga crash when no accounts configured/working - Jaunty SRU
181553 - Some Totem/Rhythmbox playlist newline formats not supported - My patch applied upstream, will SRU
368252 - Totem browser plugin not working with Apple HD trailers - fixed upstream, will SRU
343707 - Rhythmbox tries to find plugin for corrupt files - candidate patch, will SRU
- Updating packages for Karmic