2009-06-30

Differences between revisions 4 and 5
Revision 4 as of 2009-06-30 00:43:51
Size: 2138
Editor: adsl-69-153-201-234
Comment:
Revision 5 as of 2009-06-30 06:58:39
Size: 3678
Editor: pD9EB7897
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 78: Line 78:
Karmic spec drafting: all approved

Karmic feature work:
 * desktop-karmic-automagic-python-build-system:
  * completed upstream build system for all interesting file types, fixed lots of bugs
  * version 2.2 with current feature set uploaded to sid and karmic
  * completed test suite for existing features
  * converted Apport and Jockey to DistUtilsExtra.auto, both as proof of concept, and to simplify their build
system ("diffstat: 144 removals, 12 additions" :-) )
 * desktop-karmic-symptom-based-bug-reporting: no progress this week
 * [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Halsectomy|hal deprecation]]: No progress this week
 * gnome-panel speedup:
  * discussed with Vincent Untz at LinuxTag; we have the same goal and approach
  * no development progress this week; this will be attacked after above three, since this does not have rever
se dependencies

Other work done:
 * Bug fixing: apport, udev, devicekit-power, hal-info, jockey, pkgbinarymangler
 * Defined my goals for 9.10 cycle
 * Discussed gnome help stripping with Julian; seems this is now a realistic target for Karmic \o/
 * Figured out how to build a single kernel module (i915) with a patch; documented at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelCustomBuild
 * Reviewed ubuntuone packages on revu
 * Spec reviews/approvals
 * Tested new gdm; uncovers major bug in g-power-manager, but works fine otherwise

Merges: mine are all done

Sponsoring:
 * hdparm, pm-utils, pycairo, xen-3.3, xscreensaver
 * Reviewed, not uploaded: compiz-fusion-plugins-main

For minutes of previous meetings, please see DesktopTeam/Meeting.

Meeting Minutes

Present

Main Meeting

  • Rick Spencer (rickspencer3) - chair
  • Alexander Sack (asac)
  • Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)

  • Bryce Harrington (bryce)
  • Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
  • Ken VanDine (kenvandine)

  • Martin Pitt (pitti)
  • Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
  • Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
  • Tony Espy

Eastern Edition

  • Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)

  • Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)

Apologies

  • Chris Cheney (calc)

Agenda

  • Outstanding actions from last meeting

Announcements

  • Everyone should have travel booked for Sprint
  • Desktop Summit starts eow, this week, who's going?

Status Updates

  • Partner Update
  • Kubuntu Update
  • Release Bugs/Release Status
  • Review activity reports

Discussion

Actions from this meeting

  • ACTION: kenvandine to investigate mozjz linkage and ABI/API policy
  • ACTION: kenvandine to work with asac regarding white listing of U1
  • ACTION: All - look out for paper cuts mail each week, and fix on if possible.
  • ACTION: rickspencer3 to review how paper cut effort is working for the team in two weeks.
  • ACTION: awe to review Audio spec and to comment on volume scaling

Outstanding actions from last meeting

Partner Update

Kubuntu Update

Release Bugs/Release Status

Any other business

Activity reports

Alexander Sack (asac)

Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)

Bryce Harrington (bryce)

Chris Cheney (calc)

Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)

Ken VanDine (kenvandine)

Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)

Martin Pitt (pitti)

Karmic spec drafting: all approved

Karmic feature work:

  • desktop-karmic-automagic-python-build-system:
    • completed upstream build system for all interesting file types, fixed lots of bugs
    • version 2.2 with current feature set uploaded to sid and karmic
    • completed test suite for existing features
    • converted Apport and Jockey to DistUtilsExtra.auto, both as proof of concept, and to simplify their build

system ("diffstat: 144 removals, 12 additions" Smile :-) )

  • desktop-karmic-symptom-based-bug-reporting: no progress this week
  • hal deprecation: No progress this week

  • gnome-panel speedup:
    • discussed with Vincent Untz at LinuxTag; we have the same goal and approach

    • no development progress this week; this will be attacked after above three, since this does not have rever

se dependencies

Other work done:

  • Bug fixing: apport, udev, devicekit-power, hal-info, jockey, pkgbinarymangler
  • Defined my goals for 9.10 cycle
  • Discussed gnome help stripping with Julian; seems this is now a realistic target for Karmic \o/
  • Figured out how to build a single kernel module (i915) with a patch; documented at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelCustomBuild

  • Reviewed ubuntuone packages on revu
  • Spec reviews/approvals
  • Tested new gdm; uncovers major bug in g-power-manager, but works fine otherwise

Merges: mine are all done

Sponsoring:

  • hdparm, pm-utils, pycairo, xen-3.3, xscreensaver
  • Reviewed, not uploaded: compiz-fusion-plugins-main

Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)

Sebastien Bacher (seb128)

Tony Espy (awe)

Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)


CategoryDesktopTeam

Back to DesktopTeam.

DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-06-30 (last edited 2009-07-01 00:16:48 by rick-rickspencer3)