For minutes of previous meetings, please see DesktopTeam/Meeting.
No Team Meeting today due to holidays etc...
Alexander Sack (asac)
- friday was swapday for dublin and knetworkmanager overnight hack session.
- prepare network-manager, network-manager-applet and modemmanager trunk branches for daily builds using fta's build bot; get fta to add them to his bot; verify that it works and address initial issues
- thunderbird security updates prepared and uploaded to -security PPA.
- firefox 3.6 was branched upstream; 3.7 builds now available in mozilla daily
- knetworkmanager - debugging issues with NM 0.8 and fix them upstream; try to help #kubuntu-devel to get them into alpha4
brain dumped how to do knetworkmanager development on ubuntu to wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopingKNetworkManager
- network-manager team administration: rejected applicants that never contributed code
- discuss firefox 3.5 by default spec verification with micagh
Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)
Bryce Harrington (bryce)
Chris Cheney (calc)
Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
Ken VanDine (kenvandine)
Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)
Martin Pitt (pitti)
Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)
Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
Tony Espy (awe)
- travel from Dublin Platform Sprint trip.
- worked on debugging NM 0.8 Kubuntu problem. Spent some time trying to figure out how to debug NM problems via DBUS.
- minor cleanup of NM 0.8 bzr branch, deleted deprecated DBUS startup scripts.
- NM 0.8 bug work: helped bug reporters gather correct information for 3G bug support regressions, also worked on a regression in the ifupdown plugin: lp: 413622 - NM ignores mapped interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces
Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
- Several uploads of CUPS, as pitti is on vacation: Pitti's and my fixes of the Sprint week (especially setting a bigger RIP cache as default so that large-format high-resolution photo printing works), trigger udev event for cold-plugged USB printers, rebuild for new Poppler, updated pdftoopvp filter for new Poppler, suppressed CUPS' own log rotation, as the system already rotates the log files.
- Uploaded Gutenprint 5.2.4.
- Checked drivers for Feature Freeze: SpliX, foo2zjs, and HPLIP are up-to-date.
- Adapted the cpdftocps to the changes in CUPS 1.3.11 and proposed it as a fix for LP: #412709. No amswer of the original poster yet.
- Answered and triaged printing-related bug reports.