2010-02-09

For minutes of previous meetings, please see DesktopTeam/Meeting.

Meeting Minutes

Present

Main Meeting

  • Martin Pitt (pitti) - chair
  • Alberto Milone (tseliot)
  • Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)

  • Bryce Harrington (bryce)
  • Chris Cheney (ccheney)
  • Didier Roche (didrocks)
  • Ken VanDine (kenvandine)

  • Sebastien Bacher (seb128)

Eastern Edition

Apologies

  • Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
  • Rick Spencer (rickspencer3)
  • Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)

Agenda

  • Outstanding actions from last meeting
  • Partner Update
  • Kubuntu Update
  • Release Bugs/Release Status
  • pitivi
  • Post A3 Mindset
  • Review activity reports
  • Any other business

Actions from this meeting

Outstanding actions from last meeting

None.

Partner Update

  • Online Services:
    • libubuntuone, the gtk widgets will get uploaded to lucid this week
      • - dependency for rhythmbox music store plugin and the new U1 config tool.
    • rhythmbox plugin should follow closely behind libubuntuone, but I expect next week.
    • U1 config tool, which replaces the current applet, is still on track to land before feature freeze.
  • DX:
    • Weekly Releases.

    • MeMenu landed in Lucid (with gwibber integration)

    • Large churn in indicator/dbusmenu packages last week, there are known bugs but please don't hesitate to file new ones. We need to smooth this out ASAP.
    • ido (Indicator Disaplay Objects) was uploaded last week, this contains the extra gtk widgets needed by indicators. Currently used for Gwibber integration in the MeMenu and indicator-sound (also due to upload this week).

Release Status

pitivi

  • please help as you can with bug triaging/fixing
  • Pedro will organize a [bh]ug day
  • since we'll be concentrating on bug fixes, it's not very likely that we can keep this in the default install for lucid; however, revisiting this is a beta-1 work item, so we did not discuss it further in the meeting

Post A3 Mindset

  • switch from feature work to quality work
  • Find and fix the worst bugs
  • Focus on upgrade experience, LTS -> LTS, Karmic -> Lucid

Other Business

None

Activity reports

Alberto Milone (tseliot)

Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)

Blueprint work:

  • create a web poll about the preferred desktop fonts on the LiveCD
  • got ttf-liberation font package seeded onto the LiveCD
  • discussed the font integration into software-center idea wit the Design team -> won't happen for Lucid or Lucid+1, therefor postpone the discussion about the details until we are ready for it.

non-blueprint work:

  • langpack-o-matic:
    • finished the transfer to the new server
    • fixed some bugs in po2xpi which broke firefox translations in devmode for languages with country codes in the locale
  • translations:
    • Firefox-3.6 transition for Lucid
    • built new language packs for Lucid
  • updated language-support-writing meta packages based on the new oo.o version in Lucid.

Bryce Harrington (bryce)

  • Nouveau
    • File Main Inclusion Request to move -nouveau to main
    • Draft release notes itemizing the functionality -nouveau provides over -nv, and for which chipsets
    • Talk to kernel team about nouveau plans
    • Prepare PPA of just nouveau bits we plan to put into lucid
    • Document a contingency plan to revert -nouveau if needed
    • craft a recipe for testing nouveau
    • Patch xserver to prefer "nouveau" instead of "nv"
    • Plan tasks for uploading nouveau to lucid
    • Swap each of my nvidia cards and re-test nouveau with each
    • Provide a X/Troubleshooting/ page for dealing with transition issues
    • By Alpha-3 at latest, make a go/no-go decision on -nouveau vs. reverting to -nv
    • Figure out licensing situation for nouveau's firmware blob
    • Cleanup X/KernelModeSetting and include docs for turning KMS *off*
  • Wayland
    • Fix up libeagle with shlibs
    • Fix libeagle/wayland packaging
    • libeagle might need some shlibs-love, to make sure the deps get right (for packages that depend on it)
  • USB Video
    • Receive displaylink devices from jerone, with commitment to make it work.
    • Receive displaylink device from persia, with commitment to make it work.
    • Receive VGA-over-USB device from davidm, with commitment to make it work.
    • Research USB Video / DisplayLink / etc.

    • Compare persia's DisplayLink with jerone's

  • Intel Driver
    • Receive Dell mini-v device from rick-spencer, with commitment to making it work.
    • Review jesse's directions for triggering a freeze
    • Unprivate -intel bugs
    • Work with pitti on getting apport hook functioning
  • Sprint
    • Kernel / X graphics meeting
    • Demo wayland PPA to interested people
    • Investigate firefox breakage. Uninstall firefox-greasemonkey. Recover from loss of ~/.mozilla
    • Advise Mirco on Xorg issue with GL functionality on -intel
      • Get dorset set up for mirco to do Dx development Status:Done

    • Advise jamie strand on Xorg issues
      • Triage Bug 513950 - Jamie's xfreeze with compiz but no kms
      • Triage bug #513956 - jamie's garbled compiz screen on ATI
      • Follow up jamie's bug 507148
    • Advise jcastro on X issue with GPU freeze when using GnomeDo

    • Advise bdmurray on X issue with HP touchscreen
    • Advise Cody on Xorg issue with rgba client-side failure
    • Advise lifeless on 3 Xorg issues with i965
    • Advise lifeless on Xorg issue with blanked screen
    • Advise DavidM on Xorg issue with VGA-over-USB devices
    • Advise persia on Xorg issue with DisplayLink support

    • merge patches from lifeless
    • Find out why json import failed for brian
    • Send hugh prioritized list of suggested candidates
    • Collapse in a heap
    • Start filing expense report (but I need mileage rates before I can submit it)
  • ChromeOS
    • Upload -nohwaccess patch for xserver
    • Upload patch for requiring KMS in -intel
    • Experiment setting up rootless-X. Create a demo script. Send to Google. Follow up with foundations team.
  • Sponsor patch for: [Bug 389289] Re: Cannot query freedesktop.org's bugzilla

Chris Cheney (ccheney)

  • Sick Jan 28-29
  • Continue to work on libsoup2.4
  • Tested and got mumble fixed
  • Uploaded openoffice.org 1:3.2.0~rc4-1ubuntu1
  • Uploaded openoffice.org-l10n 1:3.2.0~rc4-1ubuntu1
  • Uploaded openoffice.org-hyphenation 0.4
  • Merged packages:
    • Uploaded pentaho-reporting-flow-engine-openoffice.org 0.9.2-OOo31-3ubuntu1
    • Uploaded liblayout-openoffice.org 0.2.9-OOo31-3ubuntu1
    • Uploaded openthesaurus 20080808-3ubuntu1
    • Uploaded hunspell 1.2.8-6ubuntu1
    • Uploaded openoffice.org-dictionaries 3.2.0~rc4-1ubuntu1
    • Uploaded hyphen 2.4-6ubuntu1
  • Dictionary transition
    • Uploaded dict-nr 20070206-4
    • Uploaded dict-ns 20070206-4
    • Uploaded dict-ss 20070206-4
    • Uploaded dict-st 20070206-4
    • Uploaded dict-tn 20070206-4
    • Uploaded dict-ts 20070207-4
    • Uploaded dict-ve 20070206-3
    • Uploaded dict-xh 20070206-4
    • Uploaded dict-zu 20070207-5
    • Uploaded magyarispell 1.2-0ubuntu2
    • Uploaded myspell-hr 20060617-2ubuntu1
    • Uploaded openoffice.org-thesaurus-pl 1.5-3ubuntu1
    • Reported bugs to Debian about bgoffice, ispell-fi, and medicalterms not being properly transitioned.

Didier Roche (didrocks)

  • GNOME updates:
    • 2.29.4 release: totem, totem-pl-parser, gcalctool, brasero, gtksourceview2
    • 2.29.90 release: seahorse-plugins, brasero, vinagre
  • sponsor: yelp apport hook, gwibber
  • Patch for caching wallpaper(s) resize at startup, still in discussion with upstream
  • Port a patch about grouping windows in mutter
  • package/fix package/review buhugger and quickly-widgets
  • clean UNE stack (netbooklauncher, ubuntu-netbook-default-settings) and hide search for files
  • UNE now get abiword and gnumeric

WI work:

  • g-c-c: WI: "Hide capplet panel choosing the window manager if mutter is running"

(the panel is not really hidden, but a warning when mutter is running is displayed and it's disabling other switchers, as when compiz isn't in the path)

  • Closed WI Audit packages/modules related to runtime parts of the UNE session that may be impacted by installed packages
  • Closed WI fix "search for files" in app menu

Misc:

  • some unfinished work on compiz and metacity about not showing tooltip on toolbar. Will be ready next week
  • talked with upstream about one ws should hide the ws switcher, but they don't like the idea: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=606966. Still want to port it in metacity for UNE default.

  • testing some bzr new workflow for packaging with merge-upstream (debugging, fix some part with upstream and james_w)

Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)

Ken VanDine (kenvandine)

  • Lots of Gwibber/SFTS work
    • Released 2.29.1
    • Finished off the MeMenu integration

    • Uploaded to universe
  • Updated empathy to 2.29.90
    • Updated libindicate patch to handle timestamps from libindicate
    • Added LP menus for chat windows
  • Packaged ido
  • Updated libubuntuone packaging

Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)

Accessibility

  • Fixed accessible login so that it works more than once, i.e the user logs in, then either switches user, or logs out and back in as another user/the same user. Its a hack right now, but restarting speech-dispatcher only under the gdm accessible login conditions works for now. Speech-dispatcher needs to properly die when gdm/gnome-session die as well.
  • Enabled accessible login for blindness/braille profiles when installing from the live CD.
  • Started debugging why accessible installs using orca do not work in only-ubiquity mode. Will wait till the new at-spi comes out before going much further with this.
  • Updated speech-dispatcher to the latest git snapshot available from my own git tree, which I work on in my own time.
  • Involved with various discussions about the future of gnome-orca, now that the lead developer from Sun has been layed off. Nothing is clear where things will go just yet.

Audio

  • Audio bug triaging, bugs in question are against pulseaudio, alsa userspace, and the kernel for hardware enablement.
  • Tested the alsa-plugins a52 plugin with pulse. It still carshes. I hope to try and debug this at some point in the future.
  • Gave Brad Fig from the kernel team, and Conor from the desktop experience team a crash course in how to get hda audio hardware working, so far as the tools to analyze and test are concerned. Writing quirks will come later.
  • With Conor's help, identified the pins that need code written for them to allow the Lenovo IdeaPad U350 to properly mute the internal speakers when headphones are connected. I suspect the same work will need to be done for the microphone input, but I am yet to read the bug in question to see if anybody has responded to my request for testing.

  • Started writing a patch for the above hardware, once node IDs were identified using hda-analyzer, and thanks to a pointer from Daniel T Chen as to how one goes about adding minimal code to the hda drier to fix only one problem.
  • Had discussions with Brad and Conor, as well as the kernel team, about better handling of audio bugs, particularly hda/kernel bugs. Will help Brad flesh out the documentatino a bit in the coming week.

Martin Pitt (pitti)

Assigned blueprints:

  • desktop-lucid-likewise-open-migration: implemented
  • desktop-lucid-jockey-hotplug-support: implemented
  • desktop-lucid-powermanagement-tweaks: implemented
  • desktop-lucid-suspend-quirks-halsectomy (implemented): spent some hours fixing the suspend quirks for real,

all good now

  • desktop-lucid-xorg-halsectomy: implemented
  • desktop-lucid-bug-management: audio symptoms got default bug titles

Non-blueprint work done:

  • Did some outstanding merges: adduser, gzip, igerman98, pygments
  • Lots of boot speed work:
    • speed up modem-manager
    • speed up gconf
    • speed up gnome-at-session
    • eliminated expensive gnome-wm from UNE
    • discussed removing the expensive dd process from rsyslog; kernel fix landed, rsyslog fix handed over to foundations
    • investigated netbook-launcher startup (itz hopeless)
    • experimented with different background configurations
  • Fixed x.org's apport signal handler patch to work again
  • Bug fixing: devicekit-power, gconf, glib2.0
  • Package updates: gnome-control-center
  • TB meeting
  • DMB meeting
  • Lots of MIR reviews
  • Caught up on bug triage, new bugs inbox down to 10

Sponsoring:

  • devicekit-power, gnome-power-manager

=

Sebastien Bacher (seb128)

  • desktop updates: tomboy*2 file-roller seahorse libgweather gcalctool glibmm gtkmm gnome-desktop gvfs nautilus glib
  • dx updates: libdbusmenu libindicate indicator-application notify-osd
  • updated desktop-file-utils defaults.list to reflect default software changes
  • updated gnome-panel, evolution and update-notifier to use the new
    • gnome-session autostart desktop delay key
  • backported some tomboy fixes from debian
  • updated glib gettext patch to work with X-GNOME-Fullname too
  • updated gnome-settings-daemon patch to disable corner tapping
  • cleaned some warnings and error in distro changes for gnome-control-center
  • backported upstream bugzilla gtk change for nicer tooltips
  • updated empathy message indicator option label to be less confusing
  • updated gnome-python-desktop to stop using nautilus-cd-burner, backported
    • git change to fix the build with new totem-pl-parser
  • changed compiz to set the gettext domain and clean schemas translations
  • worked with mvo to change default compiz settings for lucid
  • discussed indicators abi break and how to transition with ted and did corresponding changes
  • backported rhythmbox git commit to build with new totem-pl-parser and set watch on by default
  • synced new gstreamer packages from debian
  • rebuild nautilus for indicator changes
  • uploaded new gtk-engine-murrine to lucid
  • discussed login speed during the sprint and did bootcharts
  • worked on nm-applet changes to do lazy init for loading its icons
  • changed launchpad-integration to set mono dlls maping correctly and fix tomboy breakage

Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)

  • cups: Fixed text filter texttopdf to not produce output with too wide and messy fonts, (LP: #447961), fixed cupsfilter crashing out-of-the-box (LP: #442283), SRUed LP: #447961, LP: #508731, LP: #407344, LP: #487902.
  • system-config-printer: Updated to the current state of the 1.1.x GIT (1.1.16+) to have the current state of the stable system-config-printer series for Lucid.
  • python-cups: Updated to current stable release 1.9.48.
  • foomatic-filters: Fixed suppression of the insertion of page accounting PostScript code when the Foomatic/Postscript driver is used (LP: 513690), assured that PDF input to foomatic-rip is turned to PostScript via Poppler if needed and not via Ghostscript (LP: #463059). SRUed the latter issue, for the former an SRU is planned.

  • foomatic-db: Fixed several bugs reported to Ubuntu in the upstream package: LP: #250872, LP: #504841, LP: #505423, LP: #510832.
  • hplip, gutenprint: Informed upstream developers about the upcoming Lucid FF, they answered that they will release their next versions in time.
  • Answered and triaged lots of printing-related bug reports.

IRC Logs

[16:30] * pitti rings the bell
[16:30] <pitti> hello everyone
[16:30] <kenvandine> hey
[16:30] <mvo> seb128: uploaded alrady
[16:30] <didrocks> hey o/
[16:30] <mvo> seb128: eh, I think
[16:30] <seb128> mvo, ok good, thanks ;-)
[16:30] <seb128> hey pitti
[16:30] <pitti> tseliot, Riddell: meeting ping?
[16:30] <seb128> mvo, it's not on -changes
[16:30] * rickspencer3 slips out quietly
[16:30] <seb128> mvo, but my mail must be lagging
[16:31] <mvo> seb128: no, my mistake it seems
[16:31] <ccheney> hi
[16:31] <pitti> so, boss is out, time for everyone to party
[16:31] <tseliot> o/
[16:31] <didrocks> heh
[16:31] <didrocks> another sauna time? ;)
[16:31] <kenvandine> hehe
[16:31] <pitti> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2010-02-09<<BR>> [16:31] <pitti> everyone safely back home?
[16:32] <pitti> just wanted to say that last week was great!
[16:32] <pitti> (except for the travelling..)
[16:32] * tseliot agrees with pitti
[16:32] <kenvandine> great week!
[16:32] <seb128> indeed!
[16:32] <pitti> TOPIC: Outstanding actions from last meeting
[16:32] <pitti> fortunately, none
[16:32] <tseliot> :-)
[16:32] <pitti> TOPIC: Partner Update
[16:32] <kenvandine> ok
[16:32] <pitti> kenvandine: floor's your's
[16:33] <kenvandine> lots of stuff landed on thursday
[16:33] <kenvandine> thanks so much for the help seb128!
[16:33] <kenvandine> i was glad to have SFTS time :)
[16:33] <kenvandine> there are known bugs
[16:33] <kenvandine> specifically related to dbusmenu and libindicate
[16:33] <kenvandine> but please don't hesitate to file more
[16:33] <kenvandine> it is API breakage, and there is likely going to be more bugs
[16:34] <pitti> at least all the indicators are generally happy again
[16:34] <kenvandine> s/it is/there was/
[16:34] <kenvandine> yeah
[16:34] <pitti> message one was badly damaged
[16:34] <kenvandine> they are getting better today
[16:34] <kenvandine> again, please file bugs...
[16:34] <kenvandine> it should be the last distruptive change from DX :)
[16:34] <pitti> the new input line in status indicator, is that the away message?
[16:34] <kenvandine> hehe... no
[16:35] <kenvandine> that is the SFTS bit
[16:35] <kenvandine> it posts to gwibber
[16:35] <kenvandine> it will become more dynamic, so if you don't use gwibber it will be hidden
[16:35] <pitti> i don't even have that, shouldn't it appear only when you configured it?
[16:35] <pitti> ah, of course you preemt my complaints, sweet :)
[16:35] <kenvandine> yeah... it was the first pass... but we nned to fix that :)
[16:36] <kenvandine> OLS
[16:36] <kenvandine> they have libubuntuone to land in lucid this week
[16:36] <kenvandine> i am just waiting for a new release and i will look for sponsors
[16:36] <jcastro> qense: can you please blog about your work on transmission? it's awesome.
[16:36] <kenvandine> it is needed for the rb plugin as well as the U1 applet replacement
[16:36] <jcastro> qense: also, include a screenshot. :D
[16:37] <kenvandine> jcastro, meeting :)
[16:37] <jcastro> bah, sorry!
[16:37] <qense> jcastro: good idea, I'll do it!
[16:37] <kenvandine> those are still on schedule to land before feature freeze
[16:37] <kenvandine> that is it for the partner update, questions?
[16:38] <pitti> kenvandine: so RB will land on time?
[16:38] <pitti> it's getting a bit tight
[16:38] <kenvandine> supposedly
[16:38] <pitti> ok, thanks Ken!
[16:38] <pitti> [TOPIC] Kubuntu Update
[16:38] <pitti> Riddell: what's new on the KDE front?
[16:39] <pitti> skipping
[16:39] <pitti> [TOPIC] pitivi
[16:39] <pitti> rickspencer3 put that on the table
[16:40] <pitti> seb128: any idea about the contents, except for "if you have spare cycles, help with bug triage/fixing"?
[16:40] <rickspencer3> pedro_, and seb128 discussed a bit this morning about that
[16:40] <seb128> pitti, I think Riddell is on VAC this week
[16:40] <rickspencer3> pitti, yes, especially community members who are looking for a way to help
[16:40] <seb128> pitti, not really but pedro will set a bug day
[16:40] <rickspencer3> helping pitivi team would be appreciated
[16:41] <pitti> python-gudev is packaged now, so that unblocked their migration away from hal
[16:41] <pitti> is it still on the table to keep it in lucid by default?
[16:42] <pitti> Admittedly I have no idea about it's status and quality
[16:42] <pitti> well, we said we'd review it at beta-1 time, so let's defer that question, shall we?
[16:42] <kenvandine> rickspencer3, btw the problems i was having with pitivi isn't really pitivi's fault... it is recordmydesktop
[16:43] <rickspencer3> pitti, well, it won't be ready no one attends to bugs and such
[16:43] <rickspencer3> and I would like it to be ready ;)
[16:43] <rickspencer3> that's all
[16:43] <rickspencer3> kenvandine, understood, thanks
[16:43] * rickspencer3 afk
[16:43] <seb128> ETOOMUCHTODO
[16:44] <pitti> which brings us directly to...
[16:44] <seb128> ie we have ton of things which need work and bug fixing and we are getting late
[16:44] <pitti> [TOPIC] post-A3 planning
[16:44] <seb128> I can see packages that need work before pitivi
[16:44] <seb128> ie gpm
[16:44] <pitti> so after we did the rush of new features, boot speed, etc. by alpha-3, we need to switch full speed to fixing what we have
[16:44] <pitti> and stop introducing new things and bugs
[16:45] <pitti> I'll review the list of specs that we have left, and see what we can drop for lucid
[16:45] <pitti> (with rickspencer3 and robbie)
[16:45] <pitti> we'll review that in next week's meeting
[16:45] <bryceh> pitti, I got some more work assigned at the sprint
[16:45] <pitti> bryceh: the ruthless X bits?
[16:45] <bryceh> pitti, I'll try to get specs in for that work today
[16:46] <tseliot> heh
[16:46] <bryceh> pitti, that's one
[16:46] <pitti> bryceh: appreciated, so that we can milestone/WI it
[16:46] <pitti> http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-desktop-team-lucid-alpha-3.html<<BR>> [16:46] <pitti> we are generally doing quite well, but it seems we need to drop some bits; we're running over
[16:47] <asac> 17:26 < fta2> asac, plz reject the merge from mvo, the control file is bogus
[16:47] <pitti> tseliot: are there by any chance some WIs from xorg-prop-drivers which are done, but not marked as such yet?
[16:47] <asac> mvo:
[16:47] <asac> seems you committed merge conflicts
[16:47] <pitti> asac: (meeting in progress)
[16:47] <asac> oops
[16:47] <asac> sry
[16:47] <tseliot> let me check
[16:48] <pitti> kenvandine, tseliot, and bryceh currently top the list of open WIs
[16:48] <pitti> which maps to
[16:48] <kenvandine> pitti, most of the SFTS ones are targets of opportunity
[16:48] <pitti> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-xorg-triaging-diagnosis<<BR>> [16:48] <bryceh> oh I have several nouveau wi's I completed yesterday
[16:48] <kenvandine> so easy to drop
[16:48] <pitti> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-social-from-the-start<<BR>> [16:48] <pitti> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-xorg-proprietary-drivers<<BR>> [16:48] <bryceh> sadly I'll still be toping the list once the new specs get added
[16:48] <pitti> kenvandine: right, I was going to suggest that
[16:49] <pitti> kenvandine: as long as it's in a consistent state
[16:49] <kenvandine> but i think it is safe to wait to de-scope those, since we already defined the ones that are easiest to drop
[16:49] <kenvandine> right?
[16:49] <pitti> kenvandine: since you know better which ones need to go together, would you mind moving the optional ones out of alpha-3?
[16:49] <tseliot> pitti: yes, there are a few things which I completed already
[16:49] <pitti> kenvandine: well, I'd rather have them moved out to general "lucid" now, so that we can see where we stand
[16:50] <kenvandine> humm... they shouldn't be listed, they don't have a "work items:" above them
[16:50] <tseliot> pitti: there's not a task about the new boot theme I'm supposed to work on though
[16:50] <kenvandine> oh, the ones targetted for alpha-3 are in good shape
[16:50] <kenvandine> almost done in fact
[16:51] <kenvandine> nm, those should all get completed real soon
[16:51] <pitti> tseliot: oh, which BP does that come from?
[16:52] <pitti> seb128: can we agree that the two remaining WIs on desktop-lucid-compiz-effects are crackful and better be dropped for good? (wrt. messing with configuration)
[16:52] <pitti> seb128: (I'll take the bullets)
[16:52] <seb128> pitti, rick disagreed on that, can we have this discussion after meeting when he's back?
[16:52] <seb128> fine with me
[16:52] <pitti> seb128: ok, I'll discuss with him tomorrow then
[16:52] <seb128> I think it's crackful too
[16:53] <tseliot> pitti: this one: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-lucid-boot-experience<<BR>> [16:53] <seb128> I will get the nm-applet one uploaded this week
[16:53] <seb128> will try to get upstream to comment on it
[16:53] <seb128> then we are mostly done for bootspeed items I guess
[16:54] <seb128> still the wallpaper one remaining
[16:54] <pitti> tseliot: oh, it's all "DONE" there; if there's something outstanding, please add work items under "work items (lucid-alpha-3):"
[16:54] <pitti> seb128: right; any additional wisdom/status about boot speed from you?
[16:54] <seb128> not this week no
[16:55] <seb128> I'm out of mini and didn't have time for that since the sprint
[16:55] <pitti> bryceh: seems that the WIs of you that could most easily be deferred are the bug triaging scripts
[16:55] <desrt> alpha 2 is difficult to install!
[16:55] <tseliot> pitti: I should add a task in that blueprint too, I guess
[16:55] <pitti> bryceh: althought it seems to me that an investment in those might be a huge time-saver in the long run?
[16:55] <bryceh> pitti, that's correct
[16:56] <pitti> bryceh: the two WIs from the other specs seem easy to do
[16:56] <pitti> bryceh: http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-desktop-team-lucid-alpha-3.html#bryceharrington I mean
[16:56] <bryceh> yeah
[16:57] <pitti> bryceh: so perhaps do the high-prio ones first, and work on improving the bug scraping in the remaining time?
[16:57] <bryceh> actually most of the bug triaging tasks are not difficult, I've just been prioritizing other WIs ahead of them as they involve components that go into the distro
[16:57] <bryceh> pitti, yep, that's the plan
[16:58] <pitti> tseliot: ok, let's see how much of your's remain after you close the ones that are done; what's your feeling, do you think you can make your's for alpha-3, or do we need to cut?
[16:59] <seb128> pitti, you can probably postpone the 2 gnome-panel wis from robert_ancell...
[17:00] <pitti> :(
[17:00] <pitti> ok
[17:00] <tseliot> pitti: I don't think I can deal with all of them. Some cuts will definitely be required. I can send you an email about it
[17:00] <pitti> tseliot: appreciated, thanks
[17:00] <seb128> pitti, well maybe check with him but I don't see that happening before alpha3 now
[17:00] <seb128> pitti, it requires some non trivial work and architectural changes
[17:01] <seb128> kenvandine, do we still have gtk changes schedules for alpha3?
[17:01] <kenvandine> maybe
[17:01] <seb128> kenvandine, you have a "integrate patches in the gtk package" work item
[17:02] <kenvandine> we are still waiting
[17:02] <seb128> I was not sure if that was rgba which got delayed to next cycle
[17:02] <pitti> seb128: done
[17:02] <seb128> kenvandine, ok thanks
[17:02] <pitti> does anyone else have some trouble or remarks with his WIs?
[17:03] <didrocks> pitti: the two WI added on my plate by the Mobile team will be review in a call tomorrow
[17:03] <pitti> good, seems that's on track now
[17:03] <pitti> TOPIC: AOB
[17:04] <pitti> 20 seconds
[17:04] <seb128> 10 seconds? ;-)
[17:04] <pitti> [END MEETING]


CategoryDesktopTeam

Back to DesktopTeam.

DesktopTeam/Meeting/2010-02-09 (last edited 2010-02-09 22:20:34 by rick-rickspencer3)