|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|Jono don't want to bother about pushing an ssh/gpg key to launchpad, creating a ppa, or to sign the CoC manually to have access to it.||Jono don't want to bother about manually pushing an SSH/GPG key to Launchpad, creating a PPA, or signing the CoC.|
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
|Brian wants that editing code brings all the needed tools for developing, but don't want to clutter his GNOME gedit environment when only writing a note.||Brian wants ''quickly edit'' to use all the needed options for developing, but doesn't want to clutter his gedit environment when only writing a note.|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
|=== Other Work Ideas ===||=== New Work ===|
Launchpad Entry: desktop-o-quickly
Packages affected: quickly
Prior art: 11.04 spec
Quickly is a tool for creating applications based on templates. There's always more work we can do to make it better and keep pace with the platform.
Ubuntu is focused on opportunistic developer to create quick and fun apps for its platform.
Jono don't want to bother about manually pushing an SSH/GPG key to Launchpad, creating a PPA, or signing the CoC.
Brian wants quickly edit to use all the needed options for developing, but doesn't want to clutter his gedit environment when only writing a note.
Chris doesn't want to use Quickly on the command line.
Elaine wants to use Quickly to develop for Fedora.
Jill wants to use Quickly to develop a library that can be used by more than just Python apps.
- Tighter Launchpad integration
- Push GPG key
- Push SSH key
- Sign CoC
- Create PPA
- Dynamic gedit plugin activation
- Port to PyGI (Python Gobject Introspection)
- Port to GTK+ 3
- Add optional libunity support (ala current optional indicator support)
- Integrate with at least one IDE
- Need to pick one
- Keep it simple first iteration, just to find changes we'd need to make to have this be easy
- Add a Fedora/RPM template
- This would be hard for this spec's audience to keep up to date
- Find a stakeholder that's interested
- Make it easier to write such templates (could stand to refactor template code a bit)
- Add a Vala library template
Notes from UDS