link to development pages
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
|=== Development ==
|=== Development ===
* Our approach to desktop development: ["DesktopTeam/Development"]
* User experiences that we care for: ["DesktopTeam/Experiences"]
Purpose & Vision
Since these are the important goals for Ubuntu:
- out-of-the-box workabilty
- bling factor
- and many more surprising things
we figured that it would be the best thing to invite developers and enthusiasts to help us shape and fix up our favourite Desktop environment, especially short before the release. We, the DesktopTeam will be the guys that are the first contact for new users, we will create, beautify and organise the most-visible parts of Ubuntu. Please don't hesitate to join us, every bit of help is appreciated.
If you always had a strong liking for GNOME, for how desktop things are done or you are in touch with the GNOME world, we desperately need you. Please don't hesitate to join us, every bit of help is appreciated.
We will be a regular Ubuntu team with meetings, with a mailing list, with bugs (oh yes, ...), an opinion how to do things and thrilling ideas how to let the Ubuntu Desktop evolve.
Our list of goals include:
we will triage and fix bugs on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
- we will list new shiny desktop stuff we should have
- stress-test our favourite desktop environment
- discuss and fix issues and bring some good hackers in, knowing how different parts of the desktop work and able to reply to some specific questions
- create a technical place/list with people having good knowledge about specific desktop parts
Check out ["DesktopTeam/ReportingPage"].
Does this sound cool to you? ["DesktopTeam/GettingStarted"] is just for you.
Our Mailing list: http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-desktop
We live here: #ubuntu-desktop on irc.freenode.net
- We'll collect visions and ideas on ["DesktopTeam/Visions"]
- Our short-term todo list: ["DesktopTeam/TODO"]
- Bug squashing: ["DesktopTeam/Bugs"], ["DesktopTeam/Bugs/Status"]
Bugs we are a contact for: https://bugs.launchpad.net/~desktop-bugs/+packagebugs
Our bugs have the assignee desktop-bugs
sign up to the bug list: http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs (high traffic)
Launchpad team site: https://launchpad.net/people/desktop-bugs
- Upstream bugtrackers:
- Our approach to desktop development: ["DesktopTeam/Development"]
- User experiences that we care for: ["DesktopTeam/Experiences"]
- [:GNOMEExperts] will contain links to uptstream mailing lists, irc channels if you have specific questions to specific Desktop modules
- maybe we should agree on adding a tag so we know, where we are responsible
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/WeeklyTODO?action=edit edit weekly TODO] Include(DesktopTeam/WeeklyTODO) [https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/WeeklyTODO?action=edit edit weekly TODO]
i kinda have an idea well its um ubuntu needs to have more window desktop and menu color changing so its not just orange im pretty new to this myself but it might help