|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|We'll collect visions and ideas on [:DesktopTeamVisions]||=== Links ===
* We'll collect visions and ideas on ["DesktopTeam/Visions"]
* Our short-term todo list: ["DesktopTeam/TODO"]
|Line 32:||Line 35:|
|* Bug squashing: ["DesktopTeamBugs"]||* Bug squashing: ["DesktopTeam/Bugs"]|
|Line 49:||Line 52:|
| * Misc
Purpose & Vision
Since these are the important goals for Ubuntu:
- out-of-the-box workabilty
- flash factor
- and many surprising things more.
we figured that it would be the best thing to invite developers and enthusiasts to help us shape and fix up our favourite Desktop environment, especially short before the release. We, the DesktopTeam will be the guys that are the first contact for new users, we will create, beautify and organise the most-visible parts of Ubuntu. Please don't hesitate to join us, every bit of help is appreciated.
If you always had a strong liking for GNOME, for how desktop things are done or you are in touch with the GNOME world, we desperately need you. Please don't hesitate to join us, every bit of help is appreciated.
We will be a regular Ubuntu team with meetings, with a mailing list, with bugs (oh yes, ...), an opinion how to do things and thrilling ideas how to let the Ubuntu Desktop evolve.
- We'll collect visions and ideas on ["DesktopTeam/Visions"]
- Our short-term todo list: ["DesktopTeam/TODO"]
Our list of goals include:
- we will list new shiny desktop stuff we should have (no promise we'll get any of them in for Breezy)
- stress-test our favourite desktop environment
- discuss and fix issues and bring some good hackers in, knowing how different parts of the desktop work and able to reply to some specific questions
- create a technical place/list with people having good knowledge about specific desktop parts
We will meet on Wednesday, September, 28th in #ubuntu-desktop until the others throw us out.
Please note: this team will start cracking on Wednesday, 28th, but we'll move on from there; for Dapper Drake we'll have a lot of fun and a lot of time to make the most awesome things happen.
- Bug squashing: ["DesktopTeam/Bugs"]
- Bug trackers:
Our bugs have the QA contact firstname.lastname@example.org
sign up to the bug list: http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs (high traffic)
Our bugs have the assignee gnome
Launchpad team site: https://launchpad.net/people/gnome
- Upstream bugtrackers:
- Bug trackers:
- [:GNOMEExperts] will contain links to uptstream mailing lists, irc channels if you have specific questions to specific Desktop modules
for listing new software to be packaged (don't expect too much for the BreezyBadger release)
- maybe we should agree on adding a tag so we know, where we are responsible