For archives of previous meetings, please see DevelTeamMeetings.
- Daniel Holbach (dholbach) - on Leave
- Henrik Nilsen Omma (heno) - on Leave
- Søren Hansen (shwarma) - on Leave
- Jono Bacon (jono) - meeting conflict
- Roll call
- Introduce new starters (if any)
- Review agenda
- Review activity reports
- Propose additional items
- Accept agenda
(pitti) progress discussion for https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-6.06.2
- (pitti) While I am on honeymoon, some of my roles need to be taken by some other distro team members:
- final release management of dapper.2 (final CD testing, announcements, etc.)
release management of Tribes 5 & 6
- Handholding the apport retracers; I filed RT#28728 to make this possible, and I will write some documentation about it; seb128 offered to help out here already
- SRU bug handling and archive processing
- (maybe) language pack building; this should not take any manual intervention actually, so it's not that crucial.
- Release readiness update
- Other business
- Reviewers meeting (non-reviewers are excused)
- Jono Bacon (jono) - community (reporting change)
Adilson Oliveira (adilson)
i * Testing applications inside UME (PIM GPE and Pimlico).
- Update UME docs (FAQ, Apps list, etc).
- Fix UME daily builds
- Porting applications for UME
- Make arrangements for IDF
Alexander Sack (asac)
- trunk: getting trunk/granparadiso alpha7 binaries in (almost) releasable state ... upload pending; -dev package is still a problem though.
- community work in mozillateam: taking care of new contributors and motu students.
- some 1.8.0 security work
- setting up independent application module tree 'mozilla/midbrowser/'
- migrate current features and introduce new branding
- update git branch that tracks firefox to latest stable (18.104.22.168); rebase/update midbrowser branches accordingly.
- upload new midbrowser release to gutsy.
- prepare/uploade network-manager.
- help: if you experience new or old problems, let me know!
Spec - firefox distro addons support
- server-side python cgi for plugin finder service is now in a usable state; left: mostly polishing and deployment procedure improvements.
- Extension data for app-install-data is finally In-Progress.
- (Initial) Development of improved plugin-finder wizard that will ship in ubufox; the default plugin finder wizard is too constraint to to deliver a good user-experience for our apt: cases.
Spec - free-flash
- uploaded new gnash cvs snapshot that introduces new package layout for gutsy.
Amit Kucheria (amitk)
- WIP: Integration of 2D DRM drivers into LUM for LPIA
- WIP: code review and conf. calls with Intel for Thermal optimizations
- Fix released: Bug 129226
- Newbie stuff: reading docs and doing all the online paperwork
- reinstalling my laptop and stationary machine to prepare them for Ubuntu development
- Trying out Tribe3 and look for font and input method improvements
- Collecting information about current Unicode coverage and which fonts are involved
- Comparing fonts to see what we can modify to save space on the Live CD
Work on the CJK-Unifonts project: beautify the Latin based characters in AR PL ShanHeiSun Uni.
- reading bug reports for SCIM and try to figure out how to solve #34282
Ben Collins (BenC)
* Debugged lapic timer issue on AMD mobile * Tested Alsa upstream for some newer hda-intel chipsets. Initially integrated newer driver into lum, but will be reverting in favor of a better solution. * Kernel Team meeting * Work on 6.06.2 driver backports * Bug triaging
Brian Murray (bdmurray)
- triaging of gutsy bugs without a package
- triaging of linux-source-2.6.22 bugs
- Hug Day preparation work
- held Hug Day
- catching up on e-mail after vacation
- Tribe 4 daily iso testing
- working with pedro
vacation on 8/2 and 8/3 for DefCon
Bryce Harrington (bryce)
Vacation days Aug 3 & 6. (Proposed to my girlfriend!)
- Arranged to visit Intel campus tomorrow
- Easy X Config (aka displayconfig-gtk)
- - Submitted main inclusion request
- - Implemented dynamic failsafe xorg.conf generator based on dexconf
- Xorg 7.3:
- - Uploads of bunch of remaining xorg packages
- xserver-xorg-video-psb driver for UME
- Re-did integration of vmmouse_detect into mdetect
- Triaging of -ati bugs
Chris Cheney (calc)
- Finished merging OOo 2.3 with Debian
- Uploaded openoffice.org 2.3.0~src680m224-1ubuntu1
- Uploaded openoffice.org-l10n 2.3.0~src680m224-1ubuntu1
- Bug triage
Daniel Holbach (dholbach)
Evan Dandrea (evand)
* worked on getting lpia live CDs building. * in the process of cleaning up the migration-assistant question mess.
* Applied for MOTU \o/
Fabio Di Nitto (fabbione)
- On Leave
Ian Jackson (iwj)
- Working on the implementation of this. Considerably more than halfway now but need a few more days.
* Some CD testing this evening, of the 20070808 prerelease and
- of 20070808.1.
* consistent-login-screen (fast user switching sanity):
- Merged gdm after upload clash and fixed a bug with VT handling.
Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
- qt and koffice security updates
- packaging new pyqt3, pyqt4 and pykde
- had a first shot at building qt3 for lpia over the weekend, lots of deps needed
- investigating GPL 2 only code in KDE, pass onto e.v. board who should contact them, GPL 3 libraries are going to be a hassle in gutsy+1
- review and discuss restricted-manager-kde with SoC student, included in tribe thanks to pitti
- packaging new cmake and libopenbabel
- package qt 4.3.1 (twice, first time I had to get trolltech to remake the tar)
- investigate packaging kdepim enterprise, some issues before usable
- test tribe CDs
- kubuntu-adept-gutsy: fix --dist-upgrade feature
- kiosktool, kdesudo and obexftp main inclusion reports
- finnish kubuntu-adept-gutsy
Kees Cook (keescook)
Won CTF again
- Security Updates
- reviewed and uploaded gnash update (CVE-2007-2500)
- poppler update (USN-496-2)
- nss_files seg fault (stack exhaustion with giant hosts file)
- Gutsy upgrade fighting
Kenneth Wimer (kwwii)
- Various designs for Ubuntu desktop wallpaper created. Considered posting these on the wiki but due to the lack of interest in the "call for wallpapers" decided not to.
- KDM dialog pic updated with logo more in line with usplash - much the same as the Ubuntu usplash and GDM have similar logos
- Finally received gobuntu logo, work started on usplash. Limited time spent here - just getting the boot process online with current ubuntu/kubuntu/edubuntu designs.
- Mobile Stuff: Started a test attempt to simply edit the Nokia theme template SVG (huge! and not what we want in several ways). Probably start again once I figure out a decent plan of attack. Intel promised to work on tweaking the themeing and getting back to being able to use a tool to cut up the SVG (for some technical reason the system does not work as-is).
Kyle McMartin (kylem)
- checked out new e1000e driver for ich9
- iwlwifi 1.0.0 + hot fix patches
- more xserver-xorg-video-intel fixes
- merge stable-2.6.22.y branch for gutsy
- merge bits and pieces of alsa 2.6.23-rc2
Martin Pitt (pitti)
- apport-better-retracing: no reply from wine team; will implement the fallback solution of ignoring wine crashes in apport at all next week
- apport-for-upstreams: set to 'blocked' now; we did everything from our side in the spec, waiting for upstream to give more feedback on the data format and move towards it; I'll keep some IRC contact with them
- debian-maintainer-field: no change (remaining universe rebuilds will be done after feature freeze to minimize churn)
- restricted-manager-improvements: got notification about "you can enable nonfree drivers for better performance" check/notification implemented, will upload after Tribe release; will attempt to complete this spec before my wedding
Other notable stuff done:
- Tribe 4 release management *ugh*
Lots of cups cleanups, dropped our complicated derooting patches, replaced with an AppArmor profile. Less secure, but much easier to maintain and fixes a lot of regressions from the derooting patches.
- Lots of sponsoring for Till and Bryce
Mathias Gug (mathiaz)
* Developer :
- looked into integration with apport.
- update package to latest upstream version.
* Packager :
- sru for apache2.
* Tester :
- test pre-tribe-4 isos.
* Triager :
- triage bug: apache2, apparmor, samba.
Matthias Klose (doko)
- lpia bootstrap: pure lpia chroots are available for basic development.
- reviewed all dependencies and build-dependencies for the mobile and mobil-dev seeds, fixed packages. the 150 fixed and reviewed packages are currently building and should be in the archive soonish (other people did review gnome, kde, firefox, postgresql stuff).
- hopefully final glibc-2.6.1 merge from debian.
- gcc-4.2/gcj-4.2 updates to integrate patches to ease the iced-tea
- bootstrap, updated the java packages for the libgcj soversion bump.
- openjdk b17 now builds on amd64, now taking over the packaging from
- sun-javaX to be used with iced-tea.
- syncs and merges
- OOo upload
- bootstrap should be done once current build failures are fixed.
- to get the gnome live-cd to build out of the lpia archive we need
- some more packages be reviewed (kernel and image, boot related stuff). help needed.
Michael Vogt (mvo)
compiz: - updated 0.5.2 - hunted a compiz --replace segfault with upstream for ages, upstream
- released a fix (race in dlopen() usage) and I uploaded it for the tribe
- new compizconfig-settings-manager (+ fix in the build system send to
- looked into latest compiz-git, but it needs xlib-xcb and we do not
- have that :/
update-manager: - new version uploaded that fixes some issues in the pre-requists
- fix bug when i-m-s hit prevents new releases from being seen
- (happens only when it is run as root)
apt: - merged/uploaded sha256 and dpkg terminal log support - imporoved libapt apport integration so that it automatically
- adds the dpkg terminal log
- merged/improved apt pre-upload testsuit to avoid regression as much
- as possible
- updated/uploaded apt rdepends - merged aptitude - increase the default mmap size - fix logging if no /dev/pts is available - fix filehandle leak in apt_inst - fix https method download bug - fix local repo hash bug in sha256 code
Bugs: - bug triage - some sru verifications
misc: - updated desktop data for gnome-app-install/adept_installer - ddtp package translation upload + updated the upload scripts - gdebi bugfix, upload - looked at MoM and worked around a issue with security.d.o - notification-daemon fix - merged g-a-i changes, added unitttests for the codec/mime search
last week: prepare tribe 4 more ltsp ldm2 merges some work on LinuxBIOS etherboot support for LTSP
next week: work on ltsp-manager fix thin-client-manager for new ldm more ldm fixes going through ltsp bugs on lp look at moodle packaging changes
Pedro Villavicencio Garrido
* go through the new starter tasks * triaging of desktop-bugs * triaging of bugs without a package * add a draft on Bugs/ForwardingGNOMEBugs * participated in UbuntuBugDay
Phillip Lougher (pkl)
- updated fuse and ntfs-3g packages, moving binaries and libs from /usr -> / - updated mount to list ntfs-3g options - updated initscripts - updated WriteSupportForNTFS blueprint - added Gutsy kernel patch to make fuse module available to d-i (from Colin Watson)
- - Added VMI lazy mode race fix from VMware
- - General CVE triaging, and kernel-sec svn updating - Added CVE-2007-3105 to Feisty kernel - Added CVE-2007-3513 to Feisty kernel
- - Thursday sick.
Rick Clark (dendrobates)
- Review of ebox
- combined ldap-auth-client and ldap-auth config in to one source package.
- Started MIR's for the the ldap-auth project
- tribe 4 iso testing
- review of auth-client-config
- debconf tutorial
Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
i* Lot of bug triage
* Desktop bug fixing
* Archive admin work
* Some desktop updates and sponsoring
* Worked on the desktop changes for the new tribe
Søren Hansen (soren)
Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
- Bug fixes and improvements on system-config-printer:
- If an auto-detected device (USB, network) is supported by HPLIP
- only the HPLIP URIs are shown, to assure that the user gets it correctly set up to get access to the complete functionality
- For auto-detected network MF devices from HP also an entry
- for setting up the fax queue is shown
- Make and model info of auto-detected network printers is used to
- direct the user to the correct PPD/driver
- For manually entered printers make and model are determined via
- SNMP. It is also checked whether the printer is supported by HPLIP
- No "HP Fax" entry any more when no Fax-capable HP printer is
- When selecting an auto-detected non-HPLIP network printer the
- fields of the form on the right are correctly prefilled now.
- Improved sorting of the device list entries.
- If an auto-detected device (USB, network) is supported by HPLIP
- Updated SpliX printer driver package
- Got upstream SVN write access on system-config-printer from Tim Waugh
- Answered bug reports.
- More polishing, fixes, improvements on system-config-printer
- Update HPLIP package
Tim Gardner (rtg)
- Bug triage
- General Gutsy install and test on Dell HW
- E1501 boot bug on Turion.
- ipw3945 kill switch bug.
Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen)
- Catch-up on emails, etc
- Fixing up image-creator to generate a .manifest beside the image, which should make it easier for people to see what versions of packages are in a particular image.