DocumentationTeamMeetingSummary6

Differences between revisions 3 and 4
Revision 3 as of 2005-07-01 01:32:05
Size: 1522
Editor: adsl-57
Comment:
Revision 4 as of 2005-07-01 02:30:10
Size: 2135
Editor: adsl-57
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
=== Minutes of the 1st regular Ubuntu Documentation Project (UDP) Team meeting, June 30, 2005 === == Minutes of the 1st regular Ubuntu DocumentationTeam meeting, June 30, 2005 ==
Line 5: Line 5:
=== Meeting participants === == Meeting participants ==
Line 18: Line 18:
=== Meeting minutes per agenda === == Meeting minutes per agenda ==
Line 22: Line 22:
 * '''Completion of the StyleGuide''' === Completion of the StyleGuide ===
Line 24: Line 24:
The UDP StyleGuide is currently being written by jeffsch, but he prefers to have members of the team to contribute to some sections of the book, since the team will adhere to it in writing current and future Ubuntu documentation. Sean Wheller has agreed to handle the Docbook section of the StyleGuide, while Jerome Gotangco will look into the section that involves writing for an international audience. Other team members who volunteered for the StyleGuide effort are Matt Galvin and Sean Quinn but did not specify on the sections they will work on but promised to look into the document. Matthew East indicated that while he cannot work on the StyelGuide, he will review all current documents in svn in reference to the StyleGuide once it is completed. There is an open issue on the section for Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling. The UDP StyleGuide is currently being written by Jeff Schering, but he prefers to have members of the team to contribute to some sections of the book, since the team will adhere to it in writing current and future Ubuntu documentation. Sean Wheller has agreed to handle the Docbook section of the StyleGuide, while Jerome Gotangco will look into the section that involves writing for an international audience. Other team members who volunteered for the StyleGuide effort are Matt Galvin and Sean Quinn but did not specify on the sections they will work on but promised to look into it. Matthew East indicated that while he cannot work on the StyelGuide, he will review all current documents in svn in reference to the StyleGuide once it is completed.

As for the section on Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation, there were no volunteers at the moment, but people are free to write to whatever style at the moment and leave the editorial work and set a review period for all books.
There was also a suggestion to adopt the [http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/cmosfaq/cmosfaq.html Chicago Manual of Style] but since only a selected few of the team are familiar and have access to the said document (it is a bit pricey), there is no point of specifying it, although it can be used to resolve writing style disputes.

=== Doc
Planning - creating document plan pages for our books ===

Jeff
Schering suggested that all books under DocteamProjects should have a

Minutes of the 1st regular Ubuntu DocumentationTeam meeting, June 30, 2005

IRC log of the meeting is available: http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/irclogs/ubuntu-meeting-2005-06-30.html

Meeting participants

IRC Nick

Full Name

jsgotangco

Jerome Gotangco

froud

Sean Wheller

mdke

Matthew East

mgalvin

Matt Galvin

hno73

Henrik Nilsen Omma

squinn

Sean Quinn

jeffsch

Jeff Schering

judax

Troy Williams

jdub

Jeff Waugh

Meeting minutes per agenda

Note: Current status of UDP projects can be found in the DocteamProjects page

Completion of the StyleGuide

The UDP StyleGuide is currently being written by Jeff Schering, but he prefers to have members of the team to contribute to some sections of the book, since the team will adhere to it in writing current and future Ubuntu documentation. Sean Wheller has agreed to handle the Docbook section of the StyleGuide, while Jerome Gotangco will look into the section that involves writing for an international audience. Other team members who volunteered for the StyleGuide effort are Matt Galvin and Sean Quinn but did not specify on the sections they will work on but promised to look into it. Matthew East indicated that while he cannot work on the StyelGuide, he will review all current documents in svn in reference to the StyleGuide once it is completed.

As for the section on Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation, there were no volunteers at the moment, but people are free to write to whatever style at the moment and leave the editorial work and set a review period for all books. There was also a suggestion to adopt the [http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/cmosfaq/cmosfaq.html Chicago Manual of Style] but since only a selected few of the team are familiar and have access to the said document (it is a bit pricey), there is no point of specifying it, although it can be used to resolve writing style disputes.

Doc Planning - creating document plan pages for our books

Jeff Schering suggested that all books under DocteamProjects should have a

DocumentationTeamMeetingSummary6 (last edited 2008-08-06 17:00:45 by localhost)