IRCMeetingSummary20110924

Differences between revisions 18 and 25 (spanning 7 versions)
Revision 18 as of 2011-08-15 15:55:12
Size: 1270
Editor: uxthui
Comment:
Revision 25 as of 2011-10-30 15:35:18
Size: 1372
Editor: nlsthzn
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
## page was copied from EmiratesTeam/Meetings/IRCMeetingSummary20110827
## page was copied from EmiratesTeam/Meetings/IRCMeetingSummary20110720
Line 7: Line 9:
Third IRC Meeting - #ubuntu-ae Fourth IRC Meeting - #ubuntu-ae
Line 11: Line 13:
Complete logs: [[EmiratesTeam/Meetings/IRCMeetingLogs20110720]] Complete logs: [[EmiratesTeam/Meetings/IRCMeetingLogs20110827]]
Line 15: Line 17:
In order of presentation: In no particular order:
Line 17: Line 19:
 1. iOmar: Omar Almahmoud
 1. rverrips: Roy Verrips
 1. bassem_lap: Bassem Jarkas
 1. Haden: Haden Pareira
 1. nlsthzn: Neil Oosthuizen
Line 23: Line 20:
 1. ragesh
 1. iOmar - Omar Almahmoud
 1. rverrips - Roy Verrips
 1. nlsthzn - Neil Oosthuizen
Line 27: Line 27:
 * Omar's Session at UCW
 * KPI's of the Ubuntu Installfest held at the American University of Sharjah
 * Learning Points from Installfest held at the American University of Sharjah
 * Future format of the monthly sessions
 * Issues with using meetup
 * Launchpad access - Getting ubuntu-ae as the official LoCo moniker
 * Ubuntu Business Cards
Line 35: Line 36:
 * Need to get feedback from Installfest held at the American University of Sharjah participants
 * Look into business cards to help spread awareness of the Loco in the UAE
 * Future monthly meetings will have the following format:
    1. First is a 10 mins overview of Ubuntu for newbies
    1. Second is a How to Session on an Ubuntu related topic
    1. Three is Tea, Coffee and Snacks for a social end to the night.
 * Rotating speakers for the How to Sessions
 * Not to splinter Ubuntu-ae into smaller areas (Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc.)
Line 38: Line 43:
== ACTIONS == == Actions ==
Line 40: Line 45:
 * iOmar to look into price of a bisness card
 * iOmar to get prices of printing of Business Card
 * nlsthzn to draft e-mail to send to IEEE to get feedback from Installfest held at the American University of Sharjah participants
 * Roy to look into Google Accounts for the Team
 * Toki to do first presentation as per new format
 * More discussion about the proposed business cards

Topic

Fourth IRC Meeting - #ubuntu-ae

IRC Meeting Logs

Complete logs: EmiratesTeam/Meetings/IRCMeetingLogs20110827

Participants

In no particular order:

  1. Uxthui
  2. ragesh
  3. iOmar - Omar Almahmoud
  4. rverrips - Roy Verrips
  5. nlsthzn - Neil Oosthuizen

Topics

  • Future format of the monthly sessions
  • Issues with using meetup
  • Launchpad access - Getting ubuntu-ae as the official LoCo moniker

  • Ubuntu Business Cards

Progress

Common Agreements

  • Future monthly meetings will have the following format:
    1. First is a 10 mins overview of Ubuntu for newbies
    2. Second is a How to Session on an Ubuntu related topic
    3. Three is Tea, Coffee and Snacks for a social end to the night.
  • Rotating speakers for the How to Sessions
  • Not to splinter Ubuntu-ae into smaller areas (Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc.)

Actions

  • Toki to do first presentation as per new format
  • More discussion about the proposed business cards

EmiratesTeam/Meetings/IRCMeetingSummary20110924 (last edited 2011-10-30 15:35:18 by nlsthzn)