Hi, I am Felipe Lerena, a 26 years old software developer from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I am a proud member of The "Argentina LoCo Team", a team that is just starting but with a great future ahead, we are arround 110 in launchpad right now and have the most active of all the LoCo forums.
I've been using Ubuntu since Hoary, and I have been getting more involved in the comunity with the time, right now I use 95% of my spare time helping in whatever I can in the comunity.
Email: <felipelerena AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
My personal homepage (in spanish) is http://www.felipelerena.com.ar
you can also find me around in #ubuntu-ar and #ubuntu-marketing at freenode as Lipe_
I'm Working on
- Starting with the development of MarketingTeam/iheartubuntu
As one of the main developers in MarketingTeam/UbuntuStats (www.ubuntustats.com)- Trying to spread the word showing how fast everything is moving
Maintainig some functionalities in MarketingTeam/UbuntuStats
Argentina LoCo team: giving support for new users in spanish, and helping create and stablish the Team. I have also beign assigned as the person in charge of orginizing the special activities such as conferences, trips, etc.
Working in different events trying to get free software to regular people
Helping in some translations to spanish (as much as my schedule allows me) in the spanish translation team, we have passed french as the most translated language
What I've done
- helped to organize a "gutsy translation sprint" wich wass quite successfull, we translated almost 2500 strings, witch were arround 10% of the remaining.
- Helped in FLISOL (the biggest install fest in Latin America)
- Went to conferences along the country with my Ubuntu banner and put stands there with the ubuntu-ar guys to spread the word and meet great new people.
- Convinced lots of people (20 of them in my company) and a couple of other small companies to migrate to Ubuntu and free software.
- I gave a free 4 hours linux course for people that want to learn about Ubuntu and I'm planning to do that again.
I would like to
Keep spending my free time trying to share my passion for Ubuntu and free software with everyone.
Try to make the public administration in Argentina to migrate to free software. (that's a hard one, I know)
Meet new people as free and open-minded as me.
Help fixing more bugs.
In my spare time
Read some stuff.
Go out with my friends to have some drinks.
Go to the movies.
That's it, I don't have THAT much time.
I'm allways looking for something else to help with, so if you have same stuff I can do, or a nice project to ask me to help, I'll be glad.