|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|* [[UbuntuSpec:foundations-m-brtfs-support|brtfs Support]]|
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
|* 10.04 review (hold this early to aid breakout topics, maybe in the first roundtable)||* [[UbuntuSpec:foundations-m-cycle-review|10.04 Review]] - hold this early to aid breakout topics, maybe in the first roundtable|
Package Culling - find and aggressively deal with packages whose merges have been lagging for several releases
Finish Upstart (ScottJamesRemnant)
make screenshots.ubuntu.com show ubuntu branding and add support for PPAs and archive.canonical.com (MichaelVogt)
Remove Demoted Packages on Upgrade - We need to explore the removal of demoted packages on upgrade (all, only auto-installed ones, only default installed ones, only unused... how to detect).
As usual, Foundations will be providing Ubuntu support for the other teams. A high-level listing of projects where we likely will be involved is given in this section.
- As part of their UNE work, Desktop may end up promoting Chomium to main
- HUGE push for Software Center
- goal: sell stuff in software center,
- goal: figure out how to deliver opportunistic apps via the software center
- finish ratings
- Big push for touch, not sure what the impact is going to be for Foundations yet, but we need to be aware of it
- It would really help Desktop if Upstart+Plymouth work stabilized so they could work with it
The server team has listed their planning by priority; their bullet items below reflect this.
- Priority 1: Cloud cluster file system (maybe?)
- Priority 2: Java/JDK improvements (doko does a lot of that; Server team is getting a Java person, so this may impact us less)
- Priority 2: Support of alternate install modes
- Priority 3: Upstart conversion
- Improved battery power support work; Foundations may need to (or be able to) assist
- more ...
- Graphical boot selecter that OEM did will likely want Foundations to maintain
OEM might want to create an ISO of WebNow
- more ...
Placeholders for Big Topics
10.04 Review - hold this early to aid breakout topics, maybe in the first roundtable
- Distributed Development
- Boot Performance/Experience
- Spring Clean (right after an LTS release is a good time for an aggressive cleanup of things we don't need or that should be extensively refactored)
- Automated transition testing framework (build, run upstream unit test, 2to3, report on ftbfs and test failures, against any/every python version)
- Migration to Python 3?
- Eliminate symlinks for python-[central|support] using PEP 3147?
- Python 2.7?
- Freezing (e.g. cx_freeze) critical dist upgrade tools?
Lucid specs not done
(Numbers in parentheses indicate to-do/postponed/done.)
Lucid specs partly done
Lucid specs mostly done