move CD booting to grub2/gfxterm (ColinWatson)
- multiarch redux
- find and aggressively deal with packages whose merges have been lagging for several releases
finish Upstart (ScottJamesRemnant)
Implement the installer redesign spec (EvanDandrea)
make update-notifier a more modular design (probably with vala), it has out-grown to be a update-notifier since some time (MichaelVogt)
make screenshots.ubuntu.com show ubuntu branding and add support for PPAs and archive.canonical.com (MichaelVogt)
- removal of demoted packages on upgrade (all, only auto-installed ones, only default installed ones, only unused (how to detect)?
discuss refactoring the release-upgrader backend as a dbus service to improve reliability/responsiveness (MichaelVogt)
The major tasks needed by other teams are broken down here (at a high level).
- As part of their UNE work, Desktop may end up promoting Chomium to main
- HUGE push for Software Center
- goal: sell stuff in software center,
- goal: figure out how to deliver opportunistic apps via the software center
- finish ratings
- Big push for touch, not sure what the impact is going to be for Foundations yet, but we need to be aware of it
- It would really help Desktop if Upstart+Plymouth work stabilized so they could work with it
- Improved battery power support work; Foundations may need to (or be able to) assist
- more ...
- Graphical boot selecter that OEM did will likely want Foundations to maintain
OEM might want to create an ISO of WebNow
- more ...
Placeholders for big topics
- 10.04 review (hold this early to aid breakout topics, maybe in the first roundtable)
- Distributed Development
- Boot Performance/Experience
- Spring Clean (right after an LTS release is a good time for an aggressive cleanup of things we don't need or that should be extensively refactored)
- Migration to Python 3?
- Eliminate symlinks for python-[central|support] using PEP 3147?
- Python 2.7?
- Freezing (e.g. cx_freeze) critical dist upgrade tools?
Lucid specs not done
(Numbers in parentheses indicate to-do/postponed/done.)
Lucid specs partly done
Lucid specs mostly done