For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
RobbieWilliamson - chair
- Jaunty Alpha 1
Blueprints & Specs for Roadmap Topics - http://blueprints.launchpad.net/sprints/uds-jaunty
Team Topics - http://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/UDS/December2008
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Reminder for release meeting, if due this week
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Robbie to update the Jaunty UDS planning wiki with blueprints for sessions
- Fixed gfxboot-theme-ubuntu #294840.
- Helped Kyle Nitzsche (OEM) out with taking over Classmate PC work.
- Merged: memtest86+, partman-auto, partman-auto-lvm,partman-auto-crypto, network-console, installation-report,localechooser, and most of debian-installer
- Made powermanagement-interface build on armel, and cleared out some old bugs in it (#45680, #149678, #182651).
- Typo fix in language-selector.
- Bits of man-db and dpkg bug triage.
- Fix gamin build failure (noticed by Matthias on armel).
- Fix palo build failure.
- Various armel-related buildability and installability fixes; also some related archive administration work.
- Worked to get the GTK debian-installer frontend buildable in Ubuntu (including vte packaging merge).
- Wrote archive script to check for override mismatches between architectures; output at
http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/architecture-mismatches.txt (may well be empty when you read this, but it does work ...).
- Short week, off on Friday, November 14th.
- oem-config work
- partman-target merge.
Specification work: JauntyUbiquityUsability, usb-creator (still in progress)
- Machine moved to the DMZ so that it can be exposed to the public to serve branches. No loggerhead/playground set up
- Move meant that the firewall is currently preventing the importers from working, so a backlog is building up. RT ticket filed requesting the needed holes to be punched in the firewall or alternative solution proposed.
- Discovered that my user account on the machine had a wacky locale set. Changed to a sane one and reduced the failure count by ~1000 (exact number not available at present due to previous point, somewhere around 500 failures remain, ~4%)
- Basic documentation written for how to use the branches, need to incorporate Colin's feedback, and detail what is different for working with the temporary branches.
- Spoke to Celso last week about getting the needed APIs, apparently shouldn't be too hard, but isn't top of his priority list. Current situation works, but isn't ideal. I can work on a solution that will improve most cases.
- Spoke to Kubuntu team about bzr for packaging.
- Also spoke to Celso about building packages directly from bzr. This is hard to do if we want to retain signed source packages, but not impossible.
Sponsoring feast. >50 items sponsored in the last few days.
- UDS specs
- Thinking about wonderful things Cruft Remover could do in jaunty. No coding or wiki activity yet.
- Started preparing my Ubuntu Contributing Developer application.
- Looked at the lockfile-progs merge, and prodded the previous uploader about it (looked like an easy one).
- Verified that the buildd-built system-cleaner SRU binaries fix the bugs the SRU is supposed to fix.
- Audio bug triaging.
- Ongoing consideration and examination on how the alsa kernel modules could be maintained outside the kernel in their own package, for the several kernels Ubuntu has.
- Merged alsa-driver, alsa-lib, alsa-plugins, alsa-utils, and pulseaudio. Jaunty will have 0.9,13 at a minimum, and hopefully one or two releases newer than that will be available before feature freeze.
- Spent some time checking that the dmraid package in Debian has all the bits I put into the ubuntu package, and fakesynced it into intrepid, due to the newer upstream version in alioth svn not being in debian experimental yet.
- Resume packaging work for the pieces needed for dmraid event monitoring.
- Cleared the debian-installer component merges that my name was next to, as well as the universe merges that I care about.
- Updated some newly released gnome 2.25 accessibility packages.
- armel bootstrap
- toolchain updates
- bug triage
- update compoiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported
- SRU for the package description translations to jaunty-proposed
- Review/sponsor system-cleaner
- fix apt pty problem with background processes (debian #463030)
- Work on updating ddtp debian import script (debian does no longer publish the Translations tarball on ddtp.debian.net)
- add (basic) support for screenshots.debian.net by adding a button fetch thumbs/full screenshots
- hack a bit on screenshotMaker.py - a script that can create screenshots automatically and unattended in xvfb
- create backup of the data (we have a lot of it)
- write code so that it can give the most popular packages that are not part of a meta-package (in g-a-i utils/analyzePopconData.py)
- Merge cron, unzip, vorbisgain, upx-ucl, tracker, smartmontools, moin, libxslt, lockfile-progs, libgsf, lapack, aptitude, gpm,
- popularity-contest, apmd, alacarte, python-gdata, xsane (and submit changes to debian when appropriate)
- look into libvirt and if the auto-upgrade-tester can be ported to it easily
- setup auto-upgrade-tester for intrepid-jauny
- Fix --ssh-key to install a ssh server in ubuntu-vm-builder and push to lp
- fix sources.list inconsistencies on upgrade as discussed on ubuntu-devel
enable interpid->jaunty upgrades in the meta-release-development file (and test-upgrade to it)
- research the various backup tools and look at the various solutions
- finish getting the archive ready for jaunty
- jaunty opening merges: emacs-goodies-el
- preparations for alpha-1
- further cleanup of PAM bugs
- pick up assigned (== t-i-l) merges for jaunty: choose-mirror,cracklib2, djvulibre, mime-tools, wireless-tools, libpam-ldap
- aid with indoctrination of new kernel team members @ Portland sprint
- Lexington November Nexus
- Monday archive duties